On 13/05/2021 at 18:16, Bob Mahelp said:

Hibs' goal last night was pretty much a carbon copy of their 1st against Yinited on Saturday.....long diagonal hoof towards the corner of the penalty area, poorly defended, Hibs pick up second ball and score. 

Maybe Glass should have been watching the semi final. 

Great final products though !!

Boyle is third in the Hibs team for Open Play xA/90, behind Jamie Murphy and Jackson Irvine(!!).

He's also third in the Hibs team for Open Play xG/90 behind Nisbet and Doidge.

He's there or thereabouts in the top ten non-OF players in both categories.

I don't think it's really fair to say he doesn't have end product. He's clearly productive.

On 12/05/2021 at 23:29, Hedgecutter said:

FWIW, I worked in Aberdeen with a Nigerian guy who wore a Thinsulate hat at his desk in September.

"Does it get colder here?!" he asked in his first week during which I think the temperature hit the incredible low of 12 degrees Celsius.  At least he had arrived from Nigeria though (as opposed to the tropics of Leith)

You did not tell him Aberdeen , and surrounds  , is the coldest place in the universe !!

14 minutes ago, G51 said:

Boyle is third in the Hibs team for Open Play xA/90, behind Jamie Murphy and Jackson Irvine(!!).

He's also third in the Hibs team for Open Play xG/90 behind Nisbet and Doidge.

He's there or thereabouts in the top ten non-OF players in both categories.

I don't think it's really fair to say he doesn't have end product. He's clearly productive.

I didn't say he wasn't productive. I said his raw attributes give him more opportunities to be productive as opposed to other players. His end product is lacking though. That's why he plays for Hibs and didn't make the Scotland squad. Every player in this league in their peak years lacks something. That's why they are here.

He's a player I would absolutely have at Aberdeen but he's not without his limitations.

xA and xG are clearly a better yardstick to judge him on than assists and goals (including penalties) that the other guy was using to judge him on though.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I didn't say he wasn't productive. I said his raw attributes give him more opportunities to be productive as opposed to other players. His end product is lacking though. That's why he plays for Hibs and didn't make the Scotland squad. Every player in this league in their peak years lacks something. That's why they are here.

He's a player I would absolutely have at Aberdeen but he's not without his limitations.

xA and xG are clearly a better yardstick to judge him on than assists and goals (including penalties) that the other guy was using to judge him on though.

I suppose it depends on what you mean by end product. He's not technically the best player in the league, but he doesn't have to be because he has physical gifts that make him effective. A lot of what I'd call his end product (i.e. his numbers) comes from those physical gifts.

If by no end product, you mean he has technical deficiencies, then that's probably true, but it's true of every player in this league not called James Tavernier.

The other thing about Boyle is that he's playing in a team that really maximises what he can do. If you dropped Boyle in Aberdeen's team, he wouldn't be nearly as good. That's a credit to Jack Ross for figuring out how to use him properly.

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

I suppose it depends on what you mean by end product. He's not technically the best player in the league, but he doesn't have to be because he has physical gifts that make him effective. A lot of what I'd call his end product (i.e. his numbers) comes from those physical gifts.

If by no end product, you mean he has technical deficiencies, then that's probably true, but it's true of every player in this league not called James Tavernier.

The other thing about Boyle is that he's playing in a team that really maximises what he can do. If you dropped Boyle in Aberdeen's team, he wouldn't be nearly as good. That's a credit to Jack Ross for figuring out how to use him properly.

You're basically saying what I've been saying...

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You're basically saying what I've been saying...

But I think you're defining end product as "technical ability" when I'd say that end product is more "measurable output".

To me, Boyle's end product is absolutely fine.

10 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Yes, I’d be pretending I meant that too tbh.

Yes, I didn't know Martin Boyle played for Australia despite it being fairly big SPFL news when he gained his nationality. The boy grew up not too far from where I did.

Edit: it's always why I said 'didn't' and not 'doesn't'.

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

But I think you're defining end product as "technical ability" when I'd say that end product is more "measurable output".

To me, Boyle's end product is absolutely fine.

No. Measurable output but I think his technicals are part of the problem. 

I don't think he's quite at peak Jonny Hayes quality. Hayes was a fantastic player for Aberdeen and a main creative outlet but his final ball wasn't always there or the wrong option was taken. If both had more if the latter they'd never be at this level.

I originally upset @Leith Green by suggesting Hibs cash in now while they can maximise his value or you end up with the player we have in Hayes 

Edited by Merkland Red

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 hours ago, AndyM said:

You're not shite at all and there are some good players at Pittodrie but you need to go shopping for strikers. Glass IMHO will basically try to replicate what he experienced when he played at Hibs where he was part of a side that had a lot of good young talent playing every week round a few of senior pros (Considine, Brown, Lewis  etc) .  Consistency will be hard to achieve and you'll play a lot of entertaining stuff that the fans will enjoy and wipe some teams away. However there will be regular horrific performances with the odd unexpected heavy defeat as well and forget about challenging the uglies..

A rare diamond in amongst a pile of utter shite. 

Are you sure you're really a Hibs fan ? 

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yes, I didn't know Martin Boyle played for Australia despite it being fairly big SPFL news when he gained his nationality. The boy grew up not too far from where I did.

Edit: it's always why I said 'didn't' and not 'doesn't'.

You'll know he pied Scotland then to choose Australia instead.

Fooling absolutely nobody. You're having a shitemare here. :( 

Related image

Guest Bob Mahelp

Boyle is in his 11th season of professional football and only the most mad and deluded would say that he's been anything other than 'inconsistent' for most of his career. 

I bet you wouldn't have to scrape around too far to find Hibs fans slagging him off on social media pretty much from day one of his time at Easter Road. 

I would suggest that he's gained plaudits this season mainly because he has better players around him, and because the system Hibs play suits him more, rather than any massive advancement in his ability or skill level. 

18 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Boyle is in his 11th season of professional football and only the most mad and deluded would say that he's been anything other than 'inconsistent' for most of his career. 

I bet you wouldn't have to scrape around too far to find Hibs fans slagging him off on social media pretty much from day one of his time at Easter Road. 

I would suggest that he's gained plaudits this season mainly because he has better players around him, and because the system Hibs play suits him more, rather than any massive advancement in his ability or skill level. 

Exactly. 

Its funny how triggered Hibs fans are. I didnt know they were such a sensitive bunch.

At least they know they will definitely not f**k up the final next week