15 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Hibs' goal last night was pretty much a carbon copy of their 1st against Yinited on Saturday.....long diagonal hoof towards the corner of the penalty area, poorly defended, Hibs pick up second ball and score. 

Maybe Glass should have been watching the semi final. 

We have been playing more long balls in the last month or so.

I think that having Doidge to disrupt defenders and then Irvine in the midfield to pick up second balls has given us that as a decent option now.

It not that surprising that almost all the long balls go to that wing and not toward Boyle.

Aberdeen fans taking this well;

'worst Aberdeen team in decades'

'Boyle has limited technical ability the only thing he's got in his locker is pace, McGinn(Paul) is rotten, Porteous a liability, Doig overated, Ross no better a manager than McInnes, Doidge a haddy, etc etc.......

A cup final, 6 points clear and an 11 goal gap make it all the more delicious.

7 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

'Boyle has limited technical ability the only thing he's got in his locker is pace, McGinn(Paul) is rotten, Porteous a liability, Doig overated, Ross no better a manager than McInnes, Doidge a haddy, etc etc.......

Don't forget Ross still has a job.  I seem to recall debating with some Don around Chrismstas about the success of our respective managers and saying let's see what the end of the season brings.  Superb.  

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I hate to disappoint but hibs are a decent enough side and we’re shite, and there’s not much more to it than that. 

Thats fair, but there is a daft narrative on your thread that some of our players are limited - i.e. Boyle is apparently just fast.

I know fans can be one eyed, but there are precious few of your guys on the Dons thread willing to say what you have above. There is something about Hibs that triggers them.

36 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

It was quite nice to hear Jack Ross on Sportsound after the match saying that he aspires to be as good as Derek McInnes.

17 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Thats fair, but there is a daft narrative on your thread that some of our players are limited - i.e. Boyle is apparently just fast.

I know fans can be one eyed, but there are precious few of your guys on the Dons thread willing to say what you have above. There is something about Hibs that triggers them.

I think if pushed most would admit what I said but it’s a football forum, can’t expect us to be gushing with praise. I don’t think it’s unfair to say this hibs team isn’t absolutely outstanding but you have a front three that has pace, guile and a knack of sticking the ball in the back of the net. Everything our attack doesn’t have and that’s the simple difference. 

18 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

And you can bet your arse they'd be all over the Hibs thread with their daft wee smilies etc.  if the roles were reversed.  Just look at the state of them on the Hibs threads when we lost e.g. Ross County.  But, County hammered them and we're 3rd by a length, without sacking our manager no less. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

And you can bet your arse they'd be all over the Hibs thread with their daft wee smilies etc.  if the roles were reversed.  Just look at the state of them on the Hibs threads when we lost e.g. Ross County.  But, County hammered them and we're 3rd by a length, without sacking our manager no less. 

You're managing to make having a 'succesful' season sound like something really bitter. 

Just enjoy it mate, it's only fitba. One day good, next day bad. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You're managing to make having a 'succesful' season sound like something really bitter. 

Just enjoy it mate, it's only fitba. One day good, next day bad. 

I support Hibs mate - you've got those days way too balanced.  

17 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I hate to disappoint but hibs are a decent enough side and we’re shite, and there’s not much more to it than that. 

You're not shite at all and there are some good players at Pittodrie but you need to go shopping for strikers. Glass IMHO will basically try to replicate what he experienced when he played at Hibs where he was part of a side that had a lot of good young talent playing every week round a few of senior pros (Considine, Brown, Lewis  etc) .  Consistency will be hard to achieve and you'll play a lot of entertaining stuff that the fans will enjoy and wipe some teams away. However there will be regular horrific performances with the odd unexpected heavy defeat as well and forget about challenging the uglies..

Edited by AndyM

17 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Boyle is limited though. It's why he is at Hibs. A player with his raw attributes is nowhere near Scottish football unless it's a season or two at one of the filth before moving on to a decent team down south. It's not a knock on the guy. He absolutely makes the most of what he has but his end product is often non existent. Compare him to Matty Kennedy/Jonny Hayes. All three are very wasteful with their final ball. Boyle's pace gives him a lot more chances to get it right.

I don't think there is much between the two sides in the grand scheme of things. There isn't much of the Hibs team I'd take in place of their opposing player at Aberdeen. The main difference is the three I would take. They have almost as many goals between them as our whole team has for the season.

8 minutes ago, AndyM said:

You're not shite at all and there are some good players at Pittodrie but you need to go shopping for strikers. Glass IMHO will basically try to replicate what he experienced when he played at Hibs where he was part of a side that had a lot of good young talent playing every week round a few of senior pros (Considine, Brown, Lewis  etc) .  Consistency will be hard to achieve and you'll play a lot of entertaining stuff that the fans will enjoy and wipe some teams away. However there will be regular horrific performances with the odd unexpected heavy defeat as well and forget about challenging the uglies..

Most of this is fair.

If we had just one striker playing as well as Nisbet or Doidge then we likely finish third.