Play Off Final Airdrie Vs Morton

Losing Kerr, Connell and Paton in the 2nd Cove game was a major blow prior to the game on Tuesday. The performances of Kerr and Paton in particular were a major reason we went on the run which led to finishing runners up in the league.
Sounds as though Paul McKay will be missing tonight but if any of the other 3 are fit they should improve the team.
Hoping for a better performance tonight as we didn’t do ourselves justice on Tuesday
[emoji815]️ C’mon the Diamonds [emoji815]️

Losing Kerr, Connell and Paton in the 2nd Cove game was a major blow prior to the game on Tuesday. The performances of Kerr and Paton in particular were a major reason we went on the run which led to finishing runners up in the league.
Sounds as though Paul McKay will be missing tonight but if any of the other 3 are fit they should improve the team.
Hoping for a better performance tonight as we didn’t do ourselves justice on Tuesday
[emoji815]️ C’mon the Diamonds [emoji815]️

Also if jack mckay isn’t playing then we will also be improved. I am genuinely considering not watching it if he is starting

We could still very much make a rip roaring c**t of this. Early Airdrie goal, pissed off support, could be a recipe for disaster. We should have enough to get over the line, even without Jacobs -but this is still very much in the balance. 

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

We could still very much make a rip roaring c**t of this. Early Airdrie goal, pissed off support, could be a recipe for disaster. We should have enough to get over the line, even without Jacobs -but this is still very much in the balance. 

Reckon we'll win.

Still a reddy that we need a play-off considering how fucking shite the Championship is.

Too much to ask for Lyon and at least one of Nesbitt/McGuffie to come in from the start?

Or will McPherson once again conspicuously pick a team for 2 hours play?

You’d like to think we could come out positive, score first, score second, and take all the drama out of it...

... but that is not the Morton way (and it would be the first time we’ve seen it all season).

I’ll risk 2-1 Morton, not without the odd squeaky bum.

1 hour ago, Slenderman said:

Reckon we'll win.

Still a reddy that we need a play-off considering how fucking shite the Championship is.

Much more of one for the league below if we contrive to get through them. 

Looks like Kerr and Robert in for McKay and Carrick for us. Not sure how we'll line up, I reckon it'll just be two straight swaps but I think that team probably suits a 4-4-2 better with Kerr in midfield and Robert and O'Reilly out wide. 

I definitely feel more confident now that Kerr's back but McKay and Carrick are both big losses given our other injuries. 

Happy enough with tonight's team. People clamour for one or both of nesbitt and mcguffie but we weren't creating anything with them on from the start anyway and both Montrose and Airdrie noticeably tired so for me it's a good idea to keep them for when they'll be most effective.

I would have probably went for a McGuffie or Nesbitt in the line up but can see where Gus is coming from.

Airdrie did nothing against this line up on Tue  and we still made chances, so why change it?

If we need to have a go at them we have  two fresh players in McGuffie or Nesbitt who are our two best attacking players

Suspect tonight will be a slog due to the pitch. Will be interesting to see how Robert gets on with it. Hopefully o’reilly plays a bit further forward and Kerr may sit like Paton. Nothing to lose now

I hope that team is a 4-4-2 with Kerr in the middle and Robert and O’Reilly out wide. A 3-5-2 with Robert and O’Reilly in the middle would be mental but I wouldn’t put it past Murray. Still not convinced at all by Jack McKay upfront. 

Agree with Mr N and Airdrieman - with that lineup, it needs to be a 4-4-2.

O’Reilly and Robert are more natural in those wide positions and while I prefer Kerr at the back, at least he can play in that holding midfield role. My only concern with it if it’s a system change is that we’re overrun in the midfield, but it is a pretty attacking change and we need to go for it.

Also wouldn’t have gone with McKay ahead of Roy, but maybe it’s for his height if we’re planning on firing in more crosses?

Really bloody nervous now and given the injuries we have, this would be a huge result if we could pull it off!

Alba have got Leanne Crichton on as co-commentator and she doesn't speak Gaelic, so every time the main commentator wants to talk to her he just switches to English? This is an even more unusual Alba experience than usual.

I'm also upset by how good Airdrie's away kit is. Not that it's stopping them from getting absolutely boabied thus far.

Edited by Thumper

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Alba have got Leanne Crichton on as co-commentator and she doesn't speak Gaelic, so every time the main commentator wants to talk to her he just switches to English? This is an even more unusual Alba experience than usual.

They've done this for years. It's pretty standard practise for an ALBA live game.