Play Off Final Airdrie Vs Morton

My only confidence is coming from the fact that even though we are shite, our defence has been fairly solid throughout, we don't tend to concede many goals and as I mentioned before, Airdrie were worse than I thought.

Were you guys lucky against Cove or are they not what they're made out to be?

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

🙄 Learn to be more specific. It could be collected "in person" by anyone, but given the nick of your posts your carer was a pretty logical assumption. 

Are all of your posts as steamed up as these have been? (No answer needed; it's a rhetorical question) 

Making assumptions could get you into trouble!

Are you and Paisley Ton vying for the most sarcastic poster prize?

There is no sarcasm in those posts, chum. And you’re boring me now, so there won’t be any coming up for you to scratch your head over.

Cheeriebye.  Whatever happens, we won’t be meeting each other next season........     thank gawd.

Are any Airdrie fans making the pilgrimage to Greenock tomorrow night?

I could make an obvious joke about panzer tanks trundling down the m8 but thats so 2002.

Edited by LargsTON

39 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Are any Airdrie fans making the pilgrimage to Greenock tomorrow night?

I could make an obvious joke about panzer tanks trundling down the m8 but thats so 2002.

In 2002 it was Clydebank fans trundling down the M8. Albeit in very small numbers

4 hours ago, Tri-TON said:

My only confidence is coming from the fact that even though we are shite, our defence has been fairly solid throughout, we don't tend to concede many goals and as I mentioned before, Airdrie were worse than I thought.

Slightly hijacking this comment. Coming from a Cove fan but I'll try to be impartial. 

We controlled possession and looked the more attacking side across both legs. Airdrie looked dangerous from set pieces and are tenacious as a team. They had stronger options from the bench than we did. Our games were always close.

We sucked the gas and went giddy after our 91st minute goal. Our keeper gifted the equaliser in the 94th and Airdrie fair play got the winner in ET.

Our over reliance on Mitch for goals and final link up is plain to see. He would be a handful for most/all championship defences; sadly went off injured after 20 minutes in the 2nd leg which was a leveller. They lost Paton early too I should say.

To be honest our best 13 players were good enough to compete in a championship final playoff and *perhaps* win it but the lack of quality in depth was our downfall.

I suspect we'll strengthen in a couple of key areas and come back stronger next season.

Good luck both teams tomorrow night; I will be watching intently

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

There is no sarcasm in those posts, chum. And you’re boring me now, so there won’t be any coming up for you to scratch your head over.

Cheeriebye.  Whatever happens, we won’t be meeting each other next season........     thank gawd.

Firstly, we've never met and are not chums,  and resorting to insults, suggests that I am annoying you and getting under your skin.

Keep up the sarcasm and watch that you don't fall off that horse!

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I suspect we'll strengthen in a couple of key areas and come back stronger next season.

If you could continue to humiliate Falkirk, that would be just grand. 

Edited by Jamie_M

48 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Falkirk are doing a grand job of that without Cove's help. I'm just glad we've all had our part to play in it

Oh they are. They most certainly are.

Never hurts to have a few other dogs fighting the good fight.

For that reason, it's disappointing the snake left QP.

34 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Oh they are. They most certainly are.

Never hurts to have a few other dogs fighting the good fight.

For that reason, it's disappointing the snake left QP.

I'm glad the snake snaked off (or got bagged, whichever), because we can now sit back with a clear conscience and laugh as QP keep them down there for (at least) another season.

[Assuming, of course, that we're not down there with them. All further comment on League One 21/22 suspended until 10.30 p.m. on Friday]

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I'm glad the snake snaked off (or got bagged, whichever), because we can now sit back with a clear conscience and laugh as QP keep them down there for (at least) another season.

[Assuming, of course, that we're not down there with them. All further comment on League One 21/22 suspended until 10.30 p.m. on Friday]

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Slightly hijacking this comment. Coming from a Cove fan but I'll try to be impartial. 
We controlled possession and looked the more attacking side across both legs. Airdrie looked dangerous from set pieces and are tenacious as a team. They had stronger options from the bench than we did. Our games were always close.
We sucked the gas and went giddy after our 91st minute goal. Our keeper gifted the equaliser in the 94th and Airdrie fair play got the winner in ET.
Our over reliance on Mitch for goals and final link up is plain to see. He would be a handful for most/all championship defences; sadly went off injured after 20 minutes in the 2nd leg which was a leveller. They lost Paton early too I should say.
To be honest our best 13 players were good enough to compete in a championship final playoff and *perhaps* win it but the lack of quality in depth was our downfall.

That was very impartial of you. You'd win the Championship promotion final? You weren't even the best team in League One..

42 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:
5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

That was very impartial of you. You'd win the Championship promotion final? You weren't even the best team in League One..

I said perhaps win it. We weren't the best as you rightly said; finished 3rd.

All the best tomorrow night. Will be a tough game even with the slender but deserved lead. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

7 hours ago, Rio 2 said:

Firstly, we've never met and are not chums,  and resorting to insults, suggests that I am annoying you and getting under your skin.

Keep up the sarcasm and watch that you don't fall off that horse!

IMG-20210520-WA0000.jpg

We are pretty hard to beat. Cove rely on megginson who went off injured in the first half. However, we picked up injuries to crucial players which continue to be an issue. Two evenly matched sides