Play Off Final Airdrie Vs Morton

Guest Axle Grease
27 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
1 hour ago, Tri-TON said:
As bad as we were, particularly in the forward areas, I was shocked at how guff Airdrie was. If we don't stay up it's a disaster on that factor alone never mind the 10s of others.

It's peak banter that Falkirk somehow managed to come 5th in that league.

I'll tell you what's pish banter, 'peak banter' 😂😂😂

6 hours ago, thediamonddude said:

Like I say, wouldn’t feel totally safe yet if I were Morton. In fact, as weird as this sounds, I think I’d rather be 1 down rather than 1 up going into the second leg - will be a tense night!

Given our forward line is one of the worst in the entire SPFL, I'm quite content with not having to require them kicking the ball into a back of a net sometime on Friday evening to avoid penalties.

Our own, 'interesting' playing surface should provide some advantage as well given that we've been training on it for eight months. If it doesn't then they're as well chucking professional, full-time football right now. 

16 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Son of, as far as I’m aware.

Totally different type of player... but a pretty good player, I think.

Pretty sure he is Tommy Turner's son. The one player we had last night who looked like a footballer who could trap the ball and pass on the floor. Watched a wee bit of the game today after seeing the winning goal last night. We just looked like an overstretched squad with a poorly organised midfield. If that persists on Friday I will not be posting here next season, but "it's a funny old game Saint" so who knows.

48 minutes ago, virginton said:

Given our forward line is one of the worst in the entire SPFL, I'm quite content with not having to require them kicking the ball into a back of a net sometime on Friday evening to avoid penalties.

Our own, 'interesting' playing surface should provide some advantage as well given that we've been training on it for eight months. If it doesn't then they're as well chucking professional, full-time football right now. 

Absolutely, I take your point in regards to Morton’s struggles to score goals and can see why the one goal advantage would be welcome, but that was kind of what I was getting at in a round about sort of way.

Psychologically, when you have that goal, the temptation may be to sit back and hold what you’ve got - especially if you struggle in attack. That would suit us IMO, as we have nothing to lose and I’d be very surprised if we play as badly as we did last night.

You're right as well about the pitch though, I’m sure it’ll be a factor. That said, we’ve trained on ours for years now and it doesn’t seem to make a blind bit of difference!

Like I say, I know it sounds daft, but a part of me prefers us to be chasing the game rather than having a lead to try and hold. After all, look at your semi final with Montrose...

12 hours ago, Rio 2 said:

Let's get right intae them.

Morton are pish.

And deserve to be relegated.

What happend to Rio 1?

Sadly still undertaking psychological treatment I fear and soon to be joined by 2.

Pish is relative, if you had read even some of the Morton supporters posts this year you would understand that only part of the team is pish as you say . That being the forward line. Luckily for us that part of the team is up against L1 standard defences and by magic seems capable of now scoring.

I have tried to avoid posting in the playoffs and just graciously accept the outcome but having watched the first leg I have very little concern that our pish team in name not be will playing in the Championship next year. 

If it helps you can get your prescription auto renewed and delivered to your place of residence. 

Edited by Paisley Ton
As advised by Rio 2 typo not spelling

8 hours ago, placidcasual said:
9 hours ago, Tri-TON said:
As bad as we were, particularly in the forward areas, I was shocked at how guff Airdrie was. If we don't stay up it's a disaster on that factor alone never mind the 10s of others.

It's peak banter that Falkirk somehow managed to come 5th in that league.

Anybody remember when Dunfermline came 7th (seventh)?

15 hours ago, Tri-TON said:

I can't be the only one to think Gus migjt9 go 5 at the back to bring Captain Supreme back into the mix? Terrifying thought.

He’ll surely leave it - surely?

You get a back three by asking Ledger to sit back and letting Strapp get forward on the other side.

14 hours ago, GiGi said:

I guarantee if McPherson tries to sit on the lead instead of actively trying to kill the tie we will f**k that up.

That’s it right there. If we come out on the front foot, we’ll be fine; if we try to ‘manage’ the game and go through on the advantage we hold, anything can happen.

Yeah, we can't afford to try to sit in and hold what we've got. While our defensive record isn't actually that bad, we're simply not good enough to see a game out like that and adding another centre back won't make us any stronger defensively. Approach it as a game we need to win and on the evidence of Tuesday we'll create the chances to do so.

7 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

I have tried to avoid posting in the playoffs and just graciously accept the outcome but having watched the first leg I have very little concern that out pish team in name not be will playing in the Championship next year. 

Comments like this never backfire.

8 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

What happend to Rio 1?

Sadly still undertaking psychological treatment I fear and soon to be joined by 2.

Pish is relative, if you had read even some of the Morton supporters posts this year you would understand that only part of the team is pish as you say . That being the forward line. Luckily for us that part of the team is up against L1 standard defences and by magic seems capable of now scoring.

I have tried to avoid posting in the playoffs and just graciously accept the outcome but having watched the first leg I have very little concern that out pish team in name not be will playing in the Championship next year. 

If it helps you can get your prescription auto renewed and delivered to your place of residence. 

Such an eloquent reply, and then you go and mess it all up by switching your spell checker off.  Thanks for your concern, regarding Rio 1 (dead and buried) 

My repeat prescriptions are picked up every three months, in person!

Oh and be careful that you don't fall off that high horse, you might hurt yourself. your sarcasm knows no bounds!

8 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

What happend to Rio 1?

Posting this pish ahead of a game that could relegate us 

IMG-20210402-WA0003.jpg.ff308654a725d9f179e07c9fce0eab0e.jpg

37 minutes ago, Rio 2 said:

Which part of "in person" do you not understand? 😕

🙄 Learn to be more specific. It could be collected "in person" by anyone, but given the nick of your posts your carer was a pretty logical assumption. 

Are all of your posts as steamed up as these have been? (No answer needed; it's a rhetorical question) 

Anyway, on the game: first goal (assuming there ARE any) is likely to be crucial. I don't think either team will have enough quality to get their momentum back after conceding.  Time will tell....... 

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Yeah, we can't afford to try to sit in and hold what we've got. While our defensive record isn't actually that bad, we're simply not good enough to see a game out like that and adding another centre back won't make us any stronger defensively. Approach it as a game we need to win and on the evidence of Tuesday we'll create the chances to do so.

Comments like this never backfire.

Yes shit does happen and I am sure it won't be my first or last mistake.

But yes I did not see much from Airdrie that should concern us, but then again they may have just froze on the night and must improve on Friday. That said Gus could change both the team and tactics and try to hold on this undermining my new found confidence. 

Edited by Paisley Ton
I have seen the future

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Posting this pish ahead of a game that could relegate us 

What I post will have no material affect on the outcome of this game.

I am not in the team and don't pick who plays or set the tactics for the game.