Play Off Final Airdrie Vs Morton

A very difficult one to pick here. Airdrie are technically the form team but both teams will be buoyed by good results against difficult opponents tonight. We are very hard to beat, however, some possible injury concerns with Paton, Connell and Kerr all going off. Hope Paton in particular is fit for the next game.

Edited by cb_diamond

I’m obviously concerned about the injuries from the Cove game and can only hope that the affected players can make a return. Maybe even in the second leg?   We’ll know more in the morning.. but honestly, at this stage, we have nothing to lose.  180 mins of solid football away from championship status. The team have it in them to get over the line but I’m expecting another close affair... I’m sure the players will respond to having fans at the games also.  Congrats to the lads for making it this far, don’t stop now!!! 

I think this will be a harder game for Morton than the Montrose game. Montrose play better football than Airdrie but Airdrie are a tougher nut to crack. Much as it pains me to say it I actually think Airdrie will do it, but it will be very close. 

Cappielow on a Friday would have been fucking magic.

There is nothing to say we can’t win. However, there is nothing to say we will win. As above, it depends on the injuries. We are fairly lucky that our bench was strong last night and Thomas Robert looked pretty good when he came on. Thomson also offers his pace which is great for when teams are tired as shown by the falkirk game and last night. Paton would be a big miss in the middle of the park as he makes us much more solid. Although not sure Morton’s midfield will have a midfielder as good as fyvie.

The apparent tombola team selection somehow worked last night, but I'd still be wary of trying it again. If a team with some danger out wide know in advance we're likely to put Millar at right back they can plan to specifically target him, and we know playing another two 90 minutes would be a big ask for him so I'd put Hynes in with Ledger in at centre back as well. Please do not bring McGinty back in now his suspension is over.

The front three may as well stay the same, we're going to struggle to create whatever three we put there so may as well go with the physical presence and keep McGuffie as an impact sub in the hope he produces another late moment of magic. Lyon in for Blues in midfield obviously, of the seemingly crazy selections last night Blues was the one which did go exactly as expected.

Little point in trying to guess what team he goes for, I'm convinced he will bring captain courageous back in though.

Seen McGinn got mom last night but I thought he was actually pretty poor, just gives the ball away far too often for a holding midfielder. His efforts on goal were also horrendous. Id like to see Jacobs, Lyon and Colville start but again, we know McGinn will keep his place.

Feck knows what to expect, I'm just glad we still have a chance of staying up, think most of us expected league 1 after the 1st leg. Doesn't appear to be much between Montrose and Airdrie so expecting another tight game.

I'm absolutely buzzing at the thought of being back at Cappielow next Friday.

Love the thought process there.

You MUST buy in person.

You can only buy one ticket.

Thus inviting a large crowd of folk on Sinclair Street on the morning of any public sale.

Sort of makes a mockery of the match day restrictions.

And stating sales start at 9am tomorrow for ST holders then less than a minute later tweeting that sale start from 12pm.

Got to love this club and it's communication. The website has literally nothing about last night's game other than the Preview and the final score.

I expect a tight game.

If Airdrie had a full squad I'd expect an Airdrie win. It's looking likely we will be without a few through injuries as the 2 games a week schedule for most of the last few weeks caught up with us last night and 3 players left the field injured. We do have a better squad this year than at any point in the past 10 years, so irrespective of injuries, I think it will be tight and we do have a 50/50 chance though the bookies have Morton as favorites. 

Irrespective of the result, progress has been made in terms of squad building, club stability and this has fed through into performance... let's keep it going Airdrie. 

12 minutes ago, bbbbb said:

I expect a tight game.

If Airdrie had a full squad I'd expect an Airdrie win. It's looking likely we will be without a few through injuries as the 2 games a week schedule for most of the last few weeks caught up with us last night and 3 players left the field injured. We do have a better squad this year than at any point in the past 10 years, so irrespective of injuries, I think it will be tight and we do have a 50/50 chance though the bookies have Morton as favorites. 

Irrespective of the result, progress has been made in terms of squad building, club stability and this has fed through into performance... let's keep it going Airdrie. 

Will your fans be wearing the Klu Klux Klan outfits for this game?  Might save you having to wear masks...

Will your fans be wearing the Klu Klux Klan outfits for this game?  Might save you having to wear masks...

Absolutely. A whole years worth of bile and violence to catch up on. KKK masks, union jacks and hopefully a few Morton fans battered.

27 minutes ago, #Gary said:

Love the thought process there.

You MUST buy in person.

You can only buy one ticket.

Thus inviting a large crowd of folk on Sinclair Street on the morning of any public sale.

Sort of makes a mockery of the match day restrictions.

The “must buy in person” and “one ticket only”  rules will be as per the Scottish Government rules and restrictions, not something the club dreamed up.

And if bits of tape two metres apart worked for the likes of Marks & Spencer and B&Q then I dare say it’ll work outside Cappielow. The post about the ticket arrangements did make mention of some of the rules put in place for attending the match so they are obviously aware of their responsibilities.

Still, it gave you the chance to have another moan, so that’s all right then.

18 minutes ago, bbbbb said:

progress has been made in terms of squad building, club stability and this has fed through into performance... let's keep it going 

No matter which division Morton are in by the end of next season, that’s the sort of post I hope our support will be able to make.

27 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

The “must buy in person” and “one ticket only”  rules will be as per the Scottish Government rules and restrictions, not something the club dreamed up.

And if bits of tape two metres apart worked for the likes of Marks & Spencer and B&Q then I dare say it’ll work outside Cappielow. The post about the ticket arrangements did make mention of some of the rules put in place for attending the match so they are obviously aware of their responsibilities.

Still, it gave you the chance to have another moan, so that’s all right then.

No matter which division Morton are in by the end of next season, that’s the sort of post I hope our support will be able to make.

If you'd like to point out the SG rules or indeed any other event that is inviting people to turn up in their numbers at the same time to purchase a single ticket which they might only be allowed to use if they turn up over an hour and a half early for the actual event in order to maintain social distancing, I'll wait.

Edited by #Gary

18 minutes ago, #Gary said:

If you'd like to point out the SG rules or indeed any other event that is inviting people to turn up in their numbers at the same time to purchase a single ticket which they might only be allowed to use if they turn up over an hour and a half early for the actual event in order to maintain social distancing, I'll wait.

Wait away, and feel free to have another wee moan while you do. 

Keep socially distanced though, I wouldn't want to be able to hear you.