Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

Just now, City Jacobite said:

Over the 2 legs Dumbarton deserved to progress and the 3-2 win is about right in my view.

However, Edinburgh never panicked and tried to play decent passing football in midfield and i am happy with that.   The 1-0 win away was also probably right too.  I am frustrated at the Ozy See penalty decision, Dumbarton's defender kneed him and never played the ball - a clear free kick anywhere else on the pitch and therefore a penalty.  Fine lines and unfortunate he bottled it, but proud of the team and the last 3 months.  Bring on Meadowbank our spiritual home, new training facilities and a fresh start in League 2.   There will be changes to the team, but I hope not too many as the team are great to watch and the Management are doing a great job.  Exciting times even though feel low after last night.     

Great to watch? Not in the 2 games I've seen them in the last week. I was surprised how little a team trying to be promoted offered in both matches.  I'm not convinced on the "tried to play nice football" bit either to be honest. Both teams kept the ball up in the air for the 90 minutes last night. Must have been more touches with heads than with feet.

I was more or less in line with the Ouzy See incident in the box and will admit to a certain amount of relief at that decision.

From an outsider looking in (thank fully) hard to  tell from that match but Edinburgh looked a shadow of the side I watched when Clyde were in L2. 
Edinburgh fans is that the case?

Nah, probably about par to be honest.

Reasonable argument that we overthought the whole play off final and tried to be a bit too clever. Didn’t do us any favours. Easy to say with hindsight (but I did say it beforehand in fairness) but we’d have been better off having a real go from the start.

In summary we’ve been at a similar level for a few years now and hopefully it’s clear that it’s okay but not good enough to get into L1.

It's been such an odd stop-start season that it's hard to judge if City are any better or worse than a couple of seasons ago. I suppose it is the same for Dumbarton but I can't help thinking we might have been a bit shagged out after playing Sat-Tues and sometimes Sat-Tues-Thurs for a couple of months.

I think you Clyde fans might argue you're also a shadow of the side that was pretty tasty when you got promoted, Goody apart!

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It's been such an odd stop-start season that it's hard to judge if City are any better or worse than a couple of seasons ago. I suppose it is the same for Dumbarton but I can't help thinking we might have been a bit shagged out after playing Sat-Tues and sometimes Sat-Tues-Thurs for a couple of months.

I think you Clyde fans might argue you're also a shadow of the side that was pretty tasty when you got promoted, Goody apart!

We're worse than a couple of seasons ago. Arguably.

3 hours ago, super-son said:
4 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:
We're worse than a couple of seasons ago. Arguably.

Nothing arguable about it. We are definitely worse than a few years ago without a shadow of a doubt.

I was going to say without a doubt, then I wondered whether we're comparing the side that Duffy took over, or the one that finished the season?

That made my head hurt, so I went down the disclaimer route.