Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

12 minutes ago, CatAlan said:

I’ve never really known Graham before that incident but it speaks volumes about the man that he’s not even made contact with Sam since the incident. In these modern times of social media being at your fingertips, there’s absolutely no excuse.

even if it was accidental then a message would show a bit of class. As it is he’s hidden after it, his teammates have even said it was a shocker and for a player to come out and be as scathing in public (I know it was just our stream, but that’s public domain where the easy and non-commital stance would be to brush it off) shows how bad an injury it was, and Sam clearly knows it wasn’t accidental. Lack of class from Graham which is sad but hopefully Sam comes back stronger when he recovers, and hopefully it’s with us too!

Based on what Sam was saying, if it had been a wee bit higher then he could've lost his sight in that eye. I know IR1970 is trying a bit of trolling - but that could've been lifechanging for Sam. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that it happened about two minutes after he told Graham to watch his elbows too...

2 hours ago, Baldie2k19 said:

So the answer is no,as the Edinburgh City of today is not the same as the Edinburgh City of pre-WW2

Fair enough, I didn’t look into that detail. Sorry to have visited, LOL.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

As I said earlier in the thread, I'd like to see us ban him from attending games in any capacity other than as a player; be that as a coach watching potential opponents, scout or as part of the media. 

If he doesn’t even have the decency to drop Wardrop a message, I’d be all for that.

Not saying it’s right, but if he does return as a player, I would not be surprised if there’s retribution.

Edited by FifeSons

I’ve never really known Graham before that incident but it speaks volumes about the man that he’s not even made contact with Sam since the incident. In these modern times of social media being at your fingertips, there’s absolutely no excuse.
even if it was accidental then a message would show a bit of class. As it is he’s hidden after it, his teammates have even said it was a shocker and for a player to come out and be as scathing in public (I know it was just our stream, but that’s public domain where the easy and non-commital stance would be to brush it off) shows how bad an injury it was, and Sam clearly knows it wasn’t accidental. Lack of class from Graham which is sad but hopefully Sam comes back stronger when he recovers, and hopefully it’s with us too!
Omar broke Craig Howie's jaw during the Clyde game and as far as I'm aware there has been no contact from Omar or Dumbarton to see how he is doing.

19 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
4 hours ago, CatAlan said:

Omar broke Craig Howie's jaw during the Clyde game and as far as I'm aware there has been no contact from Omar or Dumbarton to see how he is doing.

A Clyde fan turning a conversation into one about Rabin Omar. Imagine my shock.

The incidents aren't remotely comparable other than both players suffering nasty injuries. 

If I was Rabin I'd be pinging Howie a message after the game or try to catch him at the ground if I had found out he'd been badly injured. Just as Sam said he would last night.

I don't follow Craig Howie on the socials, but I'm assuming he has came out and said that he hasn't received an apology and that he feels hurt by that, which is poor, but there is no comparison to be made here in terms of the incidents. One was premeditated, one was frustration. Unless there's any Omar and Howie history we don't know about?

Edit: Maybe the reason Omar hasn't apologised to Howie for breaking his jaw, is because he fractured his cheekbone

Edited by Jan Vojáček

29 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

I didn't realise that but if that's what happened I would expect Omar to have apologised too. Poor form for me and I doubt we'll see him back after this season anyway. 

A Clyde fan turning a conversation into one about Rabin Omar. Imagine my shock.
The incidents aren't remotely comparable other than both players suffering nasty injuries. 
If I was Rabin I'd be pinging Howie a message after the game or try to catch him at the ground if I had found out he'd been badly injured. Just as Sam said he would last night.
I don't follow Craig Howie on the socials, but I'm assuming he has came out and said that he hasn't received an apology and that he feels hurt by that, which is poor, but there is no comparison to be made here in terms of the incidents. One was premeditated, one was frustration. Unless there's any Omar and Howie history we don't know about?
Edit: Maybe the reason Omar hasn't apologised to Howie for breaking his jaw, is because he fractured his cheekbone
The Omar foul was pretty bad too especially when you see it slowing down on the highlights. He was certainly lucky not to get sent off. Duffy subbed him off immediately afterwards which suggests he might have felt the same as well.

The Omar and Graham incidents aren’t comparable in the slightest as others before this have pointed out.

Firstly, Omar’s was clearly accidental and Graham’s was clearly deliberate.

Secondly while a broken jaw is a nasty injury and I wish the lad a speedy recovery, it’s not in the same realm as having to have an operation to have your eye scooped out of your sinuses.

On 12/05/2021 at 08:47, The Moonster said:

Just me that thinks the dates for these are pish? First leg should be on Saturday or Sunday at least. Monday-Thursday is pure pish.

Scottish cup final is next Saturday. Would have been good to have all 3 play-off finals on the Sunday and on TV. Make a proper day of it and show the lower leagues on BBC.

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Got your wish.

Well for the first leg.

How many season tickets do Edinburgh City have? I thought you had a capacity of 2000 odd? Seems a bit over the top not to allow City supporters in.

1 hour ago, the snudge said:

How many season tickets do Edinburgh City have? I thought you had a capacity of 2000 odd? Seems a bit over the top not to allow City supporters in.

The problem is that Ainslie Park is a building site on one side and the Scottish League deem grass Terracing as an accident waiting to happen so City don't tend to use the area behind the goals at one end. The grass can be used for Scottish Cup ties as the SFA aren't so fussy.

You need green areas, yellow areas and red areas. At the Falkirk stadium last week for the QP v City game the red area was the dugouts and a section of the stand for subs/ non playing players. Yellow area was the perimeter around the pitch for ball boys, photographers etc. The Green area would have been the top half of Falkirk's main stand. That's fairly easy to achieve at the Falkirk Stadium and it's been a wee while since I've been to The Rock but I think you can do it easy enough in your stand but the Ainslie Park stand is quite small. And after the media, directors, sponsors etc there probably isn't the room for season ticket holders to be socially distanced. I do hope you Sons get to see the second leg though even if it might give you an advantage

I'd chuck my season ticket onto the pitch in protest if I had something physical to chuck.. 

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The problem is that Ainslie Park is a building site on one side and the Scottish League deem grass Terracing as an accident waiting to happen so City don't tend to use the area behind the goals at one end. The grass can be used for Scottish Cup ties as the SFA aren't so fussy.

You need green areas, yellow areas and red areas. At the Falkirk stadium last week for the QP v City game the red area was the dugouts and a section of the stand for subs/ non playing players. Yellow area was the perimeter around the pitch for ball boys, photographers etc. The Green area would have been the top half of Falkirk's main stand. That's fairly easy to achieve at the Falkirk Stadium and it's been a wee while since I've been to The Rock but I think you can do it easy enough in your stand but the Ainslie Park stand is quite small. And after the media, directors, sponsors etc there probably isn't the room for season ticket holders to be socially distanced. I do hope you Sons get to see the second leg though even if it might give you an advantage

I'd chuck my season ticket onto the pitch in protest if I had something physical to chuck.. 

Without wishing to take the thread too off topic, but if Ainslie Park is basically deemed unable to accommodate fans, how does this leave all the other small grounds across the country?

So we moved the games to two shitey midweeks to get fans in but the SPFL's own criteria won't actually allow fans in. Fucking brilliant. There has been some shambolic decision making these last few weeks from clubs and authorities alike.