Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

2 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Surprised the bookies have Edinburgh at 3.80 to win tonight, considering Dumbarton could afford to lose by a goal and still stay up.

Stuck a few quid on it however my betting record has been horrendous recently so, congratulations to Dumbarton on their comfortable victory.

Mcbookie have Edinburgh City to win by 2 or more goals at 22/1 for any Sons fans that fancy an “insurance” bet.

1 hour ago, sonsism said:

Mcbookie have Edinburgh City to win by 2 or more goals at 22/1 for any Sons fans that fancy an “insurance” bet.

Those odds are big! Sons defence is rock solid so can't see it happening to be fair but I wonder if we'll see a different style of play from EC and from the home side. I expect more attacking intent from EC and if I were Naysmith I'd play Blair Henderson from the start to mix it with Sons centre backs.

Out of interest how long do you have Wardrop, McAllister, McGeever and Neill under contract for? Those 4 and Rico are some foundation for your new manager (I've punted Duffy for you already) who would need to add a few quality attacking players and you'd be a pushing at the top end

Edited by CoveRangers1922

5 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Those odds are big! Sons defence is rock solid so can't see it happening to be fair but I wonder if we'll see a different style of play from EC and from the home side. I expect more attacking intent from EC and if I were Naysmith I'd play Blair Henderson from the start to mix it with Sons centre backs.

Out of interest how long do you have Wardrop, McAllister, McGeever and Neill under contract for? Those 4 and Rico are some foundation for your new manager (I've punted Duffy for you already) who would need to add a few quality attacking players and you'd be a pushing at the top end

McAllister is on loan from St Mirren but out of contract. Every single player in this side is out of contract at the end of the season. 

McAllister has been an astute loan signing for sure. Rated him quite highly whenever I've seen him this season.

Hope Sons can get new contracts in place ASAP. Sure there will be clubs looking at the others mentioned above. We could be done with a CB!

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That was quite possibly the most Jim Duffy interview in the history of interviews. 

No, he normally finds a way to talk about the management position at Celtic as well. 

19 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

There’s a fair whack of that stand looking empty. We could’ve fit far more in.

Looks about 300 max for me. Did they only sell tickets to season ticket holders? I'd be raging if I was a Dumbarton fan watching that who didn't get a ticket.