Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

16 minutes ago, the snudge said:

For once I don't mind if we totally Duffball it on Thursday. Kinda set up for that. 

Steady. We tried that against Alloa remember.

A good performance tonight but nothing guaranteed just yet. The fighting spirit was there again tonight and that’s encouraging. Forbes’ best performance of the season. Back 4 excellent again.

Got to say I expected more from you boys. We obviously haven't seen anything of League 2 but I don't think yourselves or Stranraer have shown very much here when it's mattered. McGeever and Neill mop this sort of opposition up no problem, generally. Far from over yet but I'm certainly encouraged going into Thursday.
Forbes was excellent tonight, deliveries were just asking to be put away and thankfully we got on the end of them. Naysmith said prematch he'd had us watched but City let both our centre halves in for easy headers at set pieces, which is our only threat. 
All we need to do is total Duffyball it on Thursday and we can wipe this season from memory. 

L2 is very poor even for L2 standards but I thought we’d be much closer to you lot tonight than it transpired. I think we were lucky to get 1.

I like Naysmith but would have been nice if one of him or his coaching staff had had a cursory glance at some Dumbarton highlights. Giving away loads of free kicks and gently coaxing Ross Forbes inside onto his left foot every time he got the ball an interesting tactic against a team that has 2 threats, each of which is covered previously in this very sentence.

In a fit of pique I’ve refused to vote for anyone in our man of the match award.

We’ve already booked the pub for Thursday. I hope they put the Dundee v Kilmarnock game on.

11 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Was surprised to see this scoreline. Well done Dumbarton. Don't write City of just yet 'tho.

We created about 1 quarter of a chance tonight so I think you're probably okay to write us off

24 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

All Inn One, Forest Hill.

I’m working there atm, so please all London Sons fans get down for the second leg. I’ll buy you a pint.

Don't know that pub, but will check it out next time I get down to SE

Thought Forbes was MOTM, Neill and McGeever were excellent and we played really well as a team. The goal was gutting to lose but second half we bossed it and deserve the lead going into the second leg.

there’s still a lot of work to do because Edinburgh will fling everything at it but 3-1 is an excellent place to be right now

1 minute ago, addicksion said:

Don't know that pub, but will check it out next time I get down to SE

Nice and quiet and very friendly. Say you’re a Sons fan at the bar and you’ll be welcomed with open arms.