Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I know, so daft of them to deliberately install an uneven pitch.

Has it subsided since it was built or was it genuinely built like that? I’ve noticed it before but it looks even more pronounced now.

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

Has it subsided since it was built or was it genuinely built like that? I’ve noticed it before but it looks even more pronounced now.

Its subsided over time. I think is been “fixed” once maybe twice but still settled.

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

They used a lot of demolition waste and other industrial shite as infill too. The land isnt great down behind that goal.

Why didn’t they make the pitch flat when they built The Rock? That slope in the corner to the right of the stand is ridiculous for a new (ish) build.
Been to Dumbarton's ground a few times but didn't realise there was such a slope in that corner before.

Edinburgh have offered nothing. Surprised at how poor they have been they were a better side than this the last time we played them in league 2.

4 minutes ago, stu20vt said:

And they want to build houses on that land? 😬

Thats one of the problems that Brabco faced. The land isnt worth as much as they thought it was when you factor in the remedial/clean up work that a house builder would need to do. Would affect the sale price of the land.

28 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Why didn’t they make the pitch flat when they built The Rock? That slope in the corner to the right of the stand is ridiculous for a new (ish) build.

That corner has subsided a couple of times since the pitch was put down. They appear to have over-compensated this time around, but it might subside again. Thomson Park in Lochee has a similar problem being built over a quarry.