Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

I did not see that coming tonight, but we were excellent. When was the last time we had nine shots on target to our opponent's one? 

Defensively superb, a threat going forward and Forbes the best player on the park. It's definitely not job done yet by any means, but we go into the second-leg in an a far better position than I feared we would.

9 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I did not see that coming tonight, but we were excellent. When was the last time we had nine shots on target to our opponent's one? 

Defensively superb, a threat going forward and Forbes the best player on the park. It's definitely not job done yet by any means, but we go into the second-leg in an a far better position than I feared we would.

We were incredible tonight.

The Sons will surprise you when you least suspect it.

4 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

DISHINGTON ON FROM THE STARTFOR LEG 2 ! WHAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED IF THE REF HAD GIVEN A PENALTY KICK TO CITY. HE MISSED TWO DIFFERENT SHOVES IN THE BACK ON CITY PLAYERS IN BOX BY DUM # 5. & AS FOR THE DUM  " DIVE " CAUTION !

Que?

6 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

DISHINGTON ON FROM THE STARTFOR LEG 2 ! WHAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED IF THE REF HAD GIVEN A PENALTY KICK TO CITY. HE MISSED TWO DIFFERENT SHOVES IN THE BACK ON CITY PLAYERS IN BOX BY DUM # 5. & AS FOR THE DUM  " DIVE " CAUTION !

Take a deep breath. 

Dumbarton were comfortably the better team last night and notably minus 3 of the best players in our squad. Anything less than victory on Thursday night would be an utter abomination.

It's been pointed out earlier in the thread but the difference in standard between Stranraer/Edinburgh City compared to Clyde/Dumbarton is quite remarkable on these showings. We've only ourselves to blame if we f**k it up now.

Kudos to Ross Forbes for finally showing up last night. Looked like he was enjoying it as well.

Going by Naysmith’s interview with the EEN it sounds like we’ll try and keep it tight on Thursday, hoping we nick a goal and Dumbarton lose the heid.

I think there’s merit in staying in a game and not being reckless but considering we made a team that have scored about 5 goals all season look like Kevin Keegan’s Newcastle I’d have my doubts about our ability to execute that tactic.

Duffy deserves credit for letting Thomson have the ball (knowing he’s not going to go past anyone) and blocking his switch out left (which he did once to good effect) meaning he spent most of the evening curling deep crosses onto Dumbarton’s centre back’s massive heads. Can’t imagine they’ll have had an easier game all season.

Thursday will be the last we see of a few players - Liams Brown and Henderson deserve a higher level than L2 and will get it and Lee Hamilton and Thommo look like they’ll be upgraded. Josh Campbell has another year at Hibs and despite him not kicking a baw last night I’d hope we try and get him back on loan - he might have a different idea.

39 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Going by Naysmith’s interview with the EEN it sounds like we’ll try and keep it tight on Thursday, hoping we nick a goal and Dumbarton lose the heid.

I think there’s merit in staying in a game and not being reckless but considering we made a team that have scored about 5 goals all season look like Kevin Keegan’s Newcastle I’d have my doubts about our ability to execute that tactic.

Not sure that'll work, we're not the type of team to be caught on the counter and I doubt we'll be throwing bodies forward. Duffy will lap it up if you sit in on Thursday.

I'm sorry but there were no valid penalty shouts for Edinburgh City last night.

There was a tiny push, after which your player took half a step forward, recovered and then threw himself to the ground when he realised there was hands on his back.

It was a dive all day long and should have received a yellow for it.

Think returning to Edinburgh has turned Gary into a an arrogant arsehole. Quite surprised to read his comments. I can't recall him ever being as uncomplimentary to the opposition when at us.