Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

Just now, lorenzo71 said:

RAMSBOTTOM

MCALLISTER                 CARSWELL   NEILL              QUITONGO

NAT                                    BRINDLEY

FORBES                WALLACE                      OMAR 

JONES

Not sure if I'm out my tree but could we line-up something like this????

I think he'll play Frizzell instead of Omar. Forbes, Nat and Brindley will be more of a 3 in midfield with Wallace and Frizz playing off Jones. Looks like PJ is fit too, hopefully he can make an impact at some point. 

Struggle to see who gets us a goal though. 

Now would be an ideal time for Jones to find his shooting boots.

He's a strange one. He's showed a few flashes of brilliance with the ball at his feet and then falls on his arse when he goes to shoot.

Not really getting the vitriol against Danny Handling.

He scored THAT cracker against TNS but was mainly injured the rest of the time. 

Am off to check the odds for him to score against us tonight. 

6 minutes ago, PWL said:

Not really getting the vitriol against Danny Handling.

He scored THAT cracker against TNS but was mainly injured the rest of the time. 

Am off to check the odds for him to score against us tonight. 

When he signed for us he didn't tell Aitken about a knee injury he was carrying and subsequently went off injured after 10 minutes of his debut. I was told that if Aitken had known about that he'd never have signed him. When he was fit he was a huge shitebag and other than that contribution against TNS he done absolutely nothing. Probably not deserving of vitriol, but he was a player that came with a reputation of having a bit of quality and he was pish. Usually irks the fans a bit more. 

Edinburgh City 1-0 with Handling as the scorer will probably have quite tasty odds. 

I’m not Wilson’s biggest fan but there’s nae denying he’s our only real goal threat. With him out our best hope is probably trying to grind out a 0-0. Crossan at least knows where the goal is, unlike Jones, so based on that and the fact he’s had a decent spell up front for us in the past, I’d be starting him in place of Wilson. That’s not a very Jim Duffy kind of thing to do though so he’ll go with the already failed method of playing Jones there. 

I’d love to say I have a bit of confidence after looking like a better team than Stranraer but I really don’t. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m not Wilson’s biggest fan but there’s nae denying he’s our only real goal threat. With him out our best hope is probably trying to grind out a 0-0. Crossan at least knows where the goal is, unlike Jones, so based on that and the fact he’s had a decent spell up front for us in the past, I’d be starting him in place of Wilson. That’s not a very Jim Duffy kind of thing to do though so he’ll go with the already failed method of playing Jones there. 

I’d love to say I have a bit of confidence after looking like a better team than Stranraer but I really don’t. 

The match preview says he's still injured.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Unless I'm misreading the OS then Crossan is out for tonight.

9 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

The match preview says he's still injured.

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Unless I'm misreading the OS then Crossan is out for tonight.

My mistake. In that case we’re going to have to hope Edinburgh city somehow end up on minus goals this evening.

4 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

RAMSBOTTOM

MCALLISTER                 CARSWELL   NEILL              QUITONGO

NAT                                    BRINDLEY

FORBES                WALLACE                      OMAR 

JONES

Not sure if I'm out my tree but could we line-up something like this????

The names may change, but the formation is very likely to be the same - all over the fucking place.

I'm not afraid to admit that I'm an absolutely bag of nerves for tonight. I reckon Edinburgh will come out the blocks flying to try and grab an early goal, safe in the knowledge that we won't (and can't) attack.

If they get that then it will be 3-0 and game over. We really, really, cannot afford to concede more than once tonight.

Not a lot of positive vibes from the Dumbarton fans in this thread. Hope that’s the same come half 9 tonight.

We’re good when we attack teams not so good when we sit off. Nerves and caution might cause us to drift toward the latter but I’d like to see us try and get an early goal (which we’ve been good at under Naysmith)

Difficult to see how we score in this game. For me it has to be Jones up front and either Wallace or Frizzell playing off him. Given our lack of midfield options, I'd probably go 4 in midfield: Brindley and Omar wide, Wedderburn and Forbes in the middle.

51 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm not afraid to admit that I'm an absolutely bag of nerves for tonight. I reckon Edinburgh will come out the blocks flying to try and grab an early goal, safe in the knowledge that we won't (and can't) attack.

If they get that then it will be 3-0 and game over. We really, really, cannot afford to concede more than once tonight.

If there's on thing we HAVE been good at this season it's bringing teams down to our level - we need that to continue for another two games.

As for the scoring options, the loan signing of Layne is fast rivalling the stupidity of signing Denny Johnstone.