Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

I've seen Dumbarton play once this season, against Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup earlier in the year. I thought they looked a decent that day and was quite surprised they've found themselves in the play off for potential relegation.

Not sure what to expect when the sides meet next week. City will need to be better than they were last night though as defensively, we can count ourselves lucky Elgin never progressed.

Edited by Pete83

5 minutes ago, Steven W said:

They were moved in order to allow fans in attendance

I realise that, but we've got a weekend free here and we're forcing part time players to play another 2 midweek games after they've been playing up to 4 games a week over the last month. Don't really understand the clamour to get 500 back in stands for these games, especially when that 500 includes all people inside the stadium, so stewards and club officials are going to take up a number of those as well. Should've played the first leg on Saturday and get this shitheap of a season over and done with by Tuesday, concentrate on getting fans back in full after the summer. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I realise that, but we've got a weekend free here and we're forcing part time players to play another 2 midweek games after they've been playing up to 4 games a week over the last month. Don't really understand the clamour to get 500 back in stands for these games, especially when that 500 includes all people inside the stadium, so stewards and club officials are going to take up a number of those as well. Should've played the first leg on Saturday and get this shitheap of a season over and done with by Tuesday, concentrate on getting fans back in full after the summer. 

You are obviously expecting an emphatic scoreline at Ainslie Park Moonster - that sounds deeply ominous.

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

You are obviously expecting an emphatic scoreline at Ainslie Park Moonster - that sounds deeply ominous.

I think you've misread there OKI, I think the first leg at Edinburgh should've been played on Saturday coming, with our home leg following on Tuesday. We're playing Monday-Thursday for no apparent reason here. Brechin and Kelty even play next weekend, but we're ignoring both weekends in favour of 2 midweek games 3 days apart. I get it's for TV and getting fans in but I still think it's a poor decision. 

Hope Edinburgh have some big lads in there side.  Dumbarton are one of the few teams I've seen who get free kicks in there own half and send the 2 huge centre backs up.

Get the 2 centre backs turned and you'll get joy but high balls and they will soak it up alll day.

14 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Hope Edinburgh have some big lads in there side.  Dumbarton are one of the few teams I've seen who get free kicks in there own half and send the 2 huge centre backs up.

Get the 2 centre backs turned and you'll get joy but high balls and they will soak it up alll day.

Aye, well I hope Brian Graham's next shite is a hedgehog. 

I think you've misread there OKI, I think the first leg at Edinburgh should've been played on Saturday coming, with our home leg following on Tuesday. We're playing Monday-Thursday for no apparent reason here. Brechin and Kelty even play next weekend, but we're ignoring both weekends in favour of 2 midweek games 3 days apart. I get it's for TV and getting fans in but I still think it's a poor decision. 

Aye but you couldn’t have had Dumbarton being allowed fans in and us not. I get it’s not much of an advantage but I’d still be raging.

Timing is what it is and at least there’s a decent break (in the current context) for the players between last night and the first leg of the final.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Me bad Moonster - greenie awarded as compo.

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Aye but you couldn’t have had Dumbarton being allowed fans in and us not. I get it’s not much of an advantage but I’d still be raging.

Timing is what it is and at least there’s a decent break (in the current context) for the players between last night and the first leg of the final.

I'd be fine with neither team having fans for this tbh. We've gone the whole season without it, one more game wouldn't hurt to allow the players to play at a weekend instead of 2 midweeks.

7 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

League 1 winner Brian Graham.  honestly have watched it a few times just a coming together.

I don't think you watched that honestly at all. He's got previous for being a bit elbow-y and his fellow team mates even told Wardrop they thought it was a shocker. Wardrop had surgery to scoop his eyeball out of his sinuses last week and Graham hasn't even bothered to speak to him and see if he's okay, which is what any decent human being who has caused a bad injury by accident would do. He's a League 1 winner but he's also a rat.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think you watched that honestly at all. He's got previous for being a bit elbow-y and his fellow team mates even told Wardrop they thought it was a shocker. Wardrop had surgery to scoop his eyeball out of his sinuses last week and Graham hasn't even bothered to speak to him and see if he's okay, which is what any decent human being who has caused a bad injury by accident would do. He's a League 1 winner but he's also a rat.

I don't want to go all Helen Lovejoy here, but it was pretty disgusted when Sam said that Graham hadn't been in touch.

Even if it wasn't deliberate it wouldn't have taken much to reach out and drop him a wee message wishing him a speedy recovery. The fact Graham hasn't done that shows a distinct lack of class and, quite honestly, I expected a lot better from a guy who is a senior pro and who has had a really decent career. 

As I said earlier in the thread, I'd like to see us ban him from attending games in any capacity other than as a player; be that as a coach watching potential opponents, scout or as part of the media. 

I’ve never really known Graham before that incident but it speaks volumes about the man that he’s not even made contact with Sam since the incident. In these modern times of social media being at your fingertips, there’s absolutely no excuse.

even if it was accidental then a message would show a bit of class. As it is he’s hidden after it, his teammates have even said it was a shocker and for a player to come out and be as scathing in public (I know it was just our stream, but that’s public domain where the easy and non-commital stance would be to brush it off) shows how bad an injury it was, and Sam clearly knows it wasn’t accidental. Lack of class from Graham which is sad but hopefully Sam comes back stronger when he recovers, and hopefully it’s with us too!