Supporting Lowland League clubs against colts

7 minutes ago, geo87 said:

So have Lowland League BSC completely detached themselves from the original youth setup?

Anyone have the background to this? Would be interesting to hear what happened if this is the case

I don't think there's any particular bad will or specific falling out. It's just the running of a semi-professional football team doesn't necessarily align with the running of multi-sport youth club. Especially on the financial front. No different than how other named youth clubs are separate entities from their adult aged namesakes.

16 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't think there's any particular bad will or specific falling out. It's just the running of a semi-professional football team doesn't necessarily align with the running of multi-sport youth club. Especially on the financial front. No different than how other named youth clubs are separate entities from their adult aged namesakes.

Must be serious money up the West End.

Not one but two football clubs originating out the same outfit.

3 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Must be serious money up the West End.

Not one but two football clubs originating out the same outfit.

I think the point of this Broomhill Sports Club is just the progressing players from the youth age groups. So a more glorified amateur set up.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think the point of this Broomhill Sports Club is just the progressing players from the youth age groups. So a more glorified amateur set up.

FWF I'm only jesting.

Good luck to both clubs or is it three?

3 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

FWF I'm only jesting.

Good luck to both clubs or is it three?

There is an existing BSC Glasgow amateur team in the Central Scottish AFL and a BSC Glasgow B in the Greater Glasgow Premier AFL. No idea what umbrella they would fall under. That'd be four 🤣

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

No

Have they ever considered playing out of the Scotstoun Stadium? ;) 

Edited by drs

13 minutes ago, drs said:

Have they ever considered playing out of the Scotstoun Stadium? ;) 

Think that was answered on here previously during the Maryhill ground sharing saga.

And then there was the Victoria Park story when the locals did the NIMBY thingy.

1 hour ago, Black Pennel said:

Ach,...maybe not. If we could all just raise enough dosh to bribe them with (for the entry fee) we could have a 26 team division. For the greater good of Scottish football, obviously.

With a LL division 2 and of course all of it being regionalised.

BSC Glasgow could have 6 separate teams in it, with no connection between them, wink wink.

They could play all the home games in Campbeltown.

10 minutes ago, Killie65 said:

Does this mean that if one of the colts finishes bottom there will be no relegation or promotion and if one wins the league the highland gets automatic promotion

No, the plan is that if a bigot brother colt team wins the league, the runners-up will play against the HL champion. If they both finish 1 & 2, the 3rd placed team will. Same idea with relegation.