Supporting Lowland League clubs against colts

13 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Gordon rewind a minute.

What exactly is the problem with Colts in the LL?

• I think 'one club, one team' should be a principle of all league systems. Yes, there are effectively some 'B' teams further down the pyramid and I'm not in favour of them being there either. But at least they started at the bottom and there are rules concerning how far they can go.
  • I don't think teams should be able to 'quasi-compete' in any league where their positions but not their results against other clubs are wiped at the end of the season. The proposal is to make LL clubs play against these teams who are effectively not competing in their league. They're essentially friendly matches for one side but not the other. Again, it should be a fundamental principle of all leagues that clubs are competing on the same footing from the start. Having it this way devalues the league as a competition.
  • The OF have bought their way into the pyramid. Again, it should just be fairly clear that clubs shouldn't be able to pay to enter whatever tier of the pyramid they like.

I know the proposal is for just one season but you'd have to be pretty thick to not realise this isn't the OF trying to get their foot in the door to have colt sides permanently in the SPFL. I think all attempts to make this happen should be resisted. And not just the OF, any clubs who try to do it. And you can say it's a LL decision for LL clubs but the pyramid is here and because clubs can now move up or down and move between leagues governed by different bodies, these kinds of decisions potentially affect any club in the pyramid.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:
  • I think 'one club, one team' should be a principle of all league systems. Yes, there are effectively some 'B' teams further down the pyramid and I'm not in favour of them being there either. But at least they started at the bottom and there are rules concerning how far they can go.
  • I don't think teams should be able to 'quasi-compete' in any league where their positions but not their results against other clubs are wiped at the end of the season. The proposal is to make LL clubs play against these teams who are effectively not competing in their league. They're essentially friendly matches for one side but not the other. Again, it should be a fundamental principle of all leagues that clubs are competing on the same footing from the start. Having it this way devalues the league as a competition.
  • The OF have bought their way into the pyramid. Again, it should just be fairly clear that clubs shouldn't be able to pay to enter whatever tier of the pyramid they like.

I know the proposal is for just one season but you'd have to be pretty thick to not realise this isn't the OF trying to get their foot in the door to have colt sides permanently in the SPFL. I think all attempts to make this happen should be resisted. And not just the OF, any clubs who try to do it. And you can say it's a LL decision for LL clubs but the pyramid is here and because clubs can now move up or down and move between leagues governed by different bodies, these kinds of decisions potentially affect any club in the pyramid.

I'll support yer idea if you support automatic relegation out of SFL2.

No playoffs, straight relegation.

18 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

I'll support yer idea if you support automatic relegation out of SFL2.

No playoffs, straight relegation.

I do. Not that I'd expect you to have noted and remembered random musings from me around the forum but I've been pretty consistent about that. Another fundamental principle of the pyramid should be that every single league champion (below tier 1) moves up one tier (assuming they meet minimum criteria) and every single club who finishes bottom of their league (above bottom tier) should go down one tier.

That should be an absolute minimum as far as promotion and relegation goes. If leagues need to be re-structured to allow that to happen, they should be e.g. expanding tier 4 or moving SoSFL down or into the WoSFL.

Edited by Gordon EF

21 hours ago, santheman said:

Won't be me am afraid.

Not a lover of the old firm in any shape or form but we live in a democracy and if that's what the clubs want and voted for then good luck to them.

No good luck to them. This plan is a complete and utter disgrace and shouldn't even have been put to a vote. Every club that voted for it just voted to destroy the integrity of the pyramid and to destroy lower league football in Scotland long-term. It's extremely awful and selfish. All the clubs/people who worked on this proposal, put it to the vote and voted for it deserve all the criticism they get. For what they've done, I wouldn't mind if at least one of these clubs would go bust.

35 minutes ago, Marten said:

No good luck to them. This plan is a complete and utter disgrace and shouldn't even have been put to a vote. Every club that voted for it just voted to destroy the integrity of the pyramid and to destroy lower league football in Scotland long-term. It's extremely awful and selfish. All the clubs/people who worked on this proposal, put it to the vote and voted for it deserve all the criticism they get. For what they've done, I wouldn't mind if at least one of these clubs would go bust.

Democracy is an absolute b*****d at times eh!

7 minutes ago, santheman said:

Democracy is an absolute b*****d at times eh!

This isn't democracy, this is a few idiotic clubs coming together to completely screw over the pyramid.

21 minutes ago, Marten said:

This isn't democracy, this is a few idiotic clubs coming together to completely screw over the pyramid.

No it's not, it's the majority of clubs in their League and they have every right to vote on whatever they like

1 minute ago, santheman said:

No it's not, it's the majority of clubs in their League and they have every right to vote on whatever they like

They shouldn't have the right the screw over the pyramid and allow 2 clubs to overtake all the clubs below the LL. It's a disgrace that this plan has even been put to a vote and all the outrage is fully justified. Anyone voting for this or even respecting this decision doesn't care about the integrity of the pyramid and Scottish lower league football in general.

6 minutes ago, Marten said:

They shouldn't have the right the screw over the pyramid and allow 2 clubs to overtake all the clubs below the LL. It's a disgrace that this plan has even been put to a vote and all the outrage is fully justified. Anyone voting for this or even respecting this decision doesn't care about the integrity of the pyramid and Scottish lower league football in general.

What difference does it make to you.

When did Lochee Utd join the pyramid?

10 minutes ago, Marten said:

Well the fact is they do and they have unless the SFA tell them different.

1 minute ago, Tutankhamen said:

What difference does it make to you.

When did Lochee Utd join the pyramid?

We will join the pyramid from next season. Finally there will be a pyramid that covers all of Scotland after all the work, pain and arguments that happened about it. I was finally looking forward to leaving the past behind us and more on. Now the entire integrity of the pyramid is thrown in the bin.

1 minute ago, santheman said:

Well the fact is they do and they have unless the SFA tell them different.

Even if it's allowed, it's utterly immoral and disgraceful. It can't ever be respected, these clubs are selfish c*nts and I wouldn't mind if some of them go bust now after their betrayal. If outside pressure can end up stopping this plan it would be great. There is no guarantee a boycott will have the desired effect, but it's worth a try.

3 minutes ago, Marten said:

We will join the pyramid from next season. Finally there will be a pyramid that covers all of Scotland after all the work, pain and arguments that happened about it. I was finally looking forward to leaving the past behind us and more on. Now the entire integrity of the pyramid is thrown in the bin.

Enjoy the Highland League when you finally get there.

35 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

This ‘democracy’ patter is chronic. Just because a decision has been made democratically doesn’t mean it’s the correct decision.

spot on. there was nothing democratic about it. 

it's not like there was a process of fan consultation or anything like it. Just a couple of boolin' green mafia types getting the pound signs in their eyes. 

2 minutes ago, Marten said:

Even if it's allowed, it's utterly immoral and disgraceful. It can't ever be respected, these clubs are selfish c*nts and I wouldn't mind if some of them go bust now after their betrayal. If outside pressure can end up stopping this plan it would be great. There is no guarantee a boycott will have the desired effect, but it's worth a try.

Boycott what exactly?

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

Maybe better taking the LL dispute elsewhere.

Tbh, there  ain't a lot of love for the LL on here.

But, but, but the chairman was a good guy in helping the WoSFL get set up. Looks like that's gone south.

What are the SFA saying about this, anyway?