Supporting Lowland League clubs against colts

Gordon EF

Last night, Lowland League clubs gave an indicative vote in favour of admitting old firm colt sides into the Lowland League for season 2021/22. 11 clubs voted for and 5 voted against. Assuming no clubs change their minds, this will pass at the Lowland League AGM next week.

There are plenty of threads on here discussing the merits or otherwise of colt sides in the Scottish football pyramid and this isn't a thread for this.

I'm trying to encourage all Scottish football fans from every club and every level of the pyramid who is against colt sides to commit to supporting those Lowland League clubs who vote against the colt proposal next week by attending at least one of their home games next season or buying a ticket via the donate a ticket website. The idea is to choose one home fixture for each club who votes against the colts and ideally, give them a sell out crowd (assuming we're allowed back into games by next season) and for those who can't make the game for whatever reason but still want to show their support, to donate online.

If this is a goer, I'll select fixtures where the Lowland League 'good guys' play against each other, once the fixtures are announced, and one home game will be chosen for each club. It'd be great to get out and show our moral and financial support for those clubs willing to stand up for the integrity of Scottish football and aren't willing to sell out their league for £3k. At around £8 per ticket, just 375 extra fans through the gate would be more than the OF are willing to pay each LL club to use their league as practice.

I've started a petition here: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/notocoltsides

It'd be great if everyone willing to do this could sign it. It's a way to gauge numbers and communicate with folk who're interested. Hopefully, if it takes off, a few Lowland League clubs who indicated they'll vote for this might reconsider (I doubt it but you never know).

The good guys are: Bonnyrigg Rose, Bo'ness United, Civil Service Strollers, Dalbeattie Star, and Edinburgh University.

Edited by Gordon EF

1 hour ago, Gene Simmons Tongue said:

Guessing you’ll be boycotting your own team for taking Rangers Colts on loan too then since that is funding their youth systems because they don’t come free?

C9D1F2F3-386B-4B35-8C21-FEC9AA0A0AD1.jpeg

No. i don't and never have had a problem with loan players. Rangers aren't doing East Fife a favour. McKinnon is at East Fife because they think it will help his development. He's not a 'colt'.

Additionally, have I mentioned a boycott at all? I won't be passing a penny to any of the clubs who vote this through but that's a personal decision. I'm not trying to organise a boycott of these clubs. I think enough people will make their own minds up on that one.

Its a wonderful idea to allow Colts teams into the Non-leagues (I know i'm in the minority but hey ho) This will improve the product, Enhance sponsorship, Make Rangers/Celtic players better & More experienced, Crowds might get better and plently of Lowland Players will have the only chance to play at Ibrox/Celtic Park. So its all good and i believe its a win win and many fans really need to wake up and smell the coffee and realise that this is progression.

Its a wonderful idea to allow Colts teams into the Non-leagues (I know i'm in the minority but hey ho) This will improve the product, Enhance sponsorship, Make Rangers/Celtic players better & More experienced, Crowds might get better and plently of Lowland Players will have the only chance to play at Ibrox/Celtic Park. So its all good and i believe its a win win and many fans really need to wake up and smell the coffee and realise that this is progression.

There is no chance the Colt sides will be playing at at Ibrox or Parkhead. Why is helping to make Rangers and Celtic players better progression? They already have a huge advantage over the rest of the teams.

0/10

49 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

You go back in to your time capsule and return when football is played on Mars.   Bye.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Of course you were all going to hit the dislike button to make yourselves feel better but Scotland has to go down this route and it helps with the development of all players ACROSS ALL CLUBS. Rangers/Celtic Bs will field around 30-40 players next season, Not all of them can make it but if some dont at the lowland league level there could be players signed who have got at least 10-15 games at that level. So it will be more experienced then them playing in Reserve/Youth team football. 

Germany it works

Spain It works

Portugal its works 

I don't see the downsides to this, They are offering money to help the clubs in the division (In these times its more then welcome) & Sponsorship offers should/would come in which will give the clubs even more money

I salute the clubs in the Lowland Leagues who voted on this idea and this pitful boycott that people are planning is laughable and hopefully will fail as the world will continue to move on 

5 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Germany it works

Spain It works

Portugal its works

Germany top 4 tiers over 100+ clubs.

Spain top 4 tiers has more than Germany

Portugal top 4 tiers is in a state of flux but has had over 100+ and is going to be close to it again.

They're more of a mertiocracy than Scotland which has been a closed shop for the majority of the time and has a number of clubs playing in the wrong tiers. The pyramid needs a chance to sort itself out before a bunch of reserves come in and distort things.

Just now, mrman2011 said:

Yep. I support Scotland 

If you care about the national team maybe you can actually give your thoughts on ideas that could benefit the national team, like actually addressing the issues around youth development? This disgraceful plan isn't a solution to those issues and won't help the national team.

And ask fans of clubs in German lower divisions whether or not the system works over there... In The Netherlands they have been a disaster too as already explained.

Just now, Marten said:

If you care about the national team maybe you can actually give your thoughts on ideas that could benefit the national team, like actually addressing the issues around youth development? This disgraceful plan isn't a solution to those issues and won't help the national team.

And ask fans of clubs in German lower divisions whether or not the system works over there... In The Netherlands they have been a disaster too as already explained.

Youth Development will massively improve if the bigger clubs have colt teams in the lower leagues. (17-21 year olds will develop quicker) 

More focus also is needed for a robust Youth League like they do in England, Coaching needs to be improved as well as the SFA need to invest lots into this. Improvement is there but needs to gain more momentum. 

If anyone on this thread knows Russell Pryde, now former President of Civil Service Strollers, then please pass the thanks and respect of the overwhelming majority of Sons fans who are vehemently opposed to the introduction of ANY Colt Clubs to the Scottish football pyramid.  It's good to know that amongst the myriad chancers and naive fools in the game that people of principle are willing to take a stand.

6 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

If anyone on this thread knows Russell Pryde, now former President of Civil Service Strollers, then please pass the thanks and respect of the overwhelming majority of Sons fans who are vehemently opposed to the introduction of ANY Colt Clubs to the Scottish football pyramid.  It's good to know that amongst the myriad chancers and naive fools in the game that people of principle are willing to take a stand.

Obviously you don't know much about the LL.

10 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

Youth Development will massively improve if the bigger clubs have colt teams in the lower leagues. (17-21 year olds will develop quicker) 

More focus also is needed for a robust Youth League like they do in England, Coaching needs to be improved as well as the SFA need to invest lots into this. Improvement is there but needs to gain more momentum. 

Never thought of just investing more money and making things "better" and "more robust" before. Let me jot these ideas down.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2021 at 02:32, MAC THE KNIFE said:

JUST BOYCOTT THE GRUESOME TWOSOME`S HOME GAMES. THEY DONT NEED THE MONEY. ATTEND YOUR TEAMS HOME GAME AGAINST THEM. THEY DO NEED THE MONEY

Yeah good idea. Only be in it for yourself. They are giving teams money