Pineapple on pizza - yay or nay?

Tell that to the Italians. Prosciutto e fungi is the best pizza topping on this earth.

Nduja sausage, mozzarella, cracked black pepper and chillies would like to have a word with you.

Nduja sausage, mozzarella, cracked black pepper and chillies would like to have a word with you.
It can't be a pizza without mozzarella; black pepper is added to taste; nduja is Calabrian and wasn't even a thing when I worked in Puglia; chillies weren't really a thing when I worked in Puglia.

Ham & mushroom all the way.

[emoji846]

It can't be a pizza without mozzarella; black pepper is added to taste; nduja is Calabrian and wasn't even a thing when I worked in Puglia; chillies weren't really a thing when I worked in Puglia.

Ham & mushroom all the way.

[emoji846]

What does place of origin (or time of use) have to do with the quality of topping? Mushrooms aren’t native to any specific part of Italy? Mushrooms are shite.

10 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

What does place of origin (or time of use) have to do with the quality of topping? Mushrooms aren’t native to any specific part of Italy? Mushrooms are shite.

Apart from the many varieties of mushrooms which grow wild all over Italy of course.

Canned peaches ffs.

I worked in Puglia for 20 months and Milan for 4, plenty of mushrooms about in those days and prosciutto e fungi was just about the most popular topping in both places. For good reason, I might add.

[emoji846]

I'll go controversial and say I much prefer a mature cheddar to tasteless Mozza.

I could also post this on the Colts in Lowland league thread.
Cheddar should only be on pizza if it's a tiny sprinkling. It's far too greasy to be the main cheese and generally just slides off the base. Mozzarella is perfection.

I will say, mozzarella from shops is garbage compared to the stuff you get from cash and carry.

17 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Not a fucking chance

17 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Too far!

17 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Not a fucking chance

17 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
18 hours ago, Rasputin said:
My daughter and I have a tin of canned peach slices with our curries. 

Massive drop in standards between Capital City and the Fife Pine Barrens.

Sorry, I should qualify by saying we only do it with M&S tinned mild curry. Goes really well. 

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You know how to live.

I genuinely don’t think I had anything other than M&S tinned stuff until I left home at 17 (except the odd holiday trip etc). Never did me any harm! 

5 hours ago, scw1987 said:

I worked in Puglia for 20 months and Milan for 4, plenty of mushrooms about in those days and prosciutto e fungi was just about the most popular topping in both places. For good reason, I might add.

emoji846.png

A contender to @jimbaxters status as king of Authentic Italian food.

I genuinely don’t think I had anything other than M&S tinned stuff until I left home at 17 (except the odd holiday trip etc). Never did me any harm! 
Back in t'day when ah were a lad.............. My very first introduction to curries was a Vesta dehydrated job with 'boil in a bag' rice. This would probably have been around 1971 and when my old man told me that this was the kind of food that astronauts ate in space, I thought it was as cool as feck.
Shite curry though.