How do you cut pizza?

14 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I respect the jocular nature of those that cut into 6 slices because they are too hungry to eat 8.

However on a more scientific note.

My Pizza preferred establishment sell their offerings in 10" or 12"  Diameter.

The standard difference in price is £1.00

My favourite a Chicken Bhuna Pizza is £7.00 for 10" or £8.00 for 12"

Now the area of a 10" Pizza is 78.5" Sq.   That of a 12" Pizza is 113" Sq.

Why would anyone buy a 10" at £0.09 per Square Inch as opposed to £0.07 per Square inch for a 12".

Is this common practice ?

getting so mathematical about the size/price of a pizza? No really mate mates you seem a bit weird and nerdy. 

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

I used to use a knife with a curved blade and the word PIZZA cut out but it was a bugger to clean because the dishcloth kept getting caught in the letters. So now I use this.

DSC_0002_BURST2021051009244183.jpg

that looks like the bat'Leh sword for the Klingon equivalent of Bairnardo 

50 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I respect the jocular nature of those that cut into 6 slices because they are too hungry to eat 8.

Why would anyone buy a 10" at £0.09 per Square Inch as opposed to £0.07 per Square inch for a 12".

Pizza is generally priced according to the diameter.  The bigger the pizza, the more you get for your money.

Cut a strip along the middle of the pizza, the bonus bit, and scran it before you leave the kitchen. Then push the two halves back together and slice (using your preference implement...but not fucking scissors you nonce) as normal.

Your friends/family/swinger party guests will be none the wiser as you present them with standard pizza triangular slices, and you have bagged an extra bit of pizza!

stealing-pizza.jpg

2 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Cut a strip along the middle of the pizza, the bonus bit, and scran it before you leave the kitchen. Then push the two halves back together and slice (using your preference implement...but not fucking scissors you nonce) as normal.

Your friends/family/swinger party guests will be none the wiser as you present them with standard pizza triangular slices, and you have bagged an extra bit of pizza!

stealing-pizza.jpg

^^^^^ Does that so he can transfer all the pineapple onto the central strip before anybody sees it.

Isn’t this just the same principle as why a train from Edinburgh to London doesn’t cost double the price or a train from Edinburgh to York or why a 4-bed house doesn’t cost double the price of a 2-bed house?

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Nah. That was a great post. No errors in the arithmetic or anything.

A slight rounding error on both calculations but nothing the naked eye would be able to detect.

If you don't like that explanation, here's another one.....

He's done all the hard maths to show you how to get cheaper pizza and you've responded by suggesting he's "one for the watch". Have a word with yersel' gonnae?

hire him. 

I used to give my youngest dog's abuse for using scissors, lo and behold we go to Rome on holiday and the first pizza place we go to scissors are used. She has dined out on this for some years now.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

No because this is Scotland in 2021 and we use the fucking metric system whereby mm are the SI unit.

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

No because this is Scotland in 2021 and we use the fucking metric system whereby mm are the SI unit.

I have never been offered a 360mm Pizza on any menu.