Celtic vs St Johnstone, Wed 12 May, 2021

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Kennedy trying to unsettle McCann before the game at the weekend ??

E8F309CE-0953-4673-A22E-7BE9148D5FC5.png

Classy stuff to even mention another clubs, contracted player. Not long before he'll be appearing in a cup final.

33 minutes ago, G51 said:

£2m is a very reasonable fee for Rangers and Celtic. I think St Johnstone's record sale is £1.75m?

I really like the kid, but I'm not sure I see St Johnstone getting £3m for him. £2m feels about right.

I think Saints would take £2 million to be honest. The wild card might be whether we win the cup or not. If we do, we can probably hold out for more as that'll be worth £3million to us. I suspect he'll go this summer, he's had a lot of scouts looking at him and he's pretty well equipped to cope at a higher level.

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think Saints would take £2 million to be honest. The wild card might be whether we win the cup or not. If we do, we can probably hold out for more as that'll be worth £3million to us. I suspect he'll go this summer, he's had a lot of scouts looking at him and he's pretty well equipped to cope at a higher level.

Yeah the cup might change the fee a bit right enough.

I'm really intrigued to see where he ends up. Both of the OF are looking to rebuild their midfields this season, and the Brexit rule changes mean there could be a really strong market for him. The downside is the long-term effects of COVID on the market might make it harder to realise his value.

I think the chances of him staying at St Johnstone must be pretty small.

42 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Turnbull scored an obscene amount of goals in his first season which would have been impressive for a striker. I appreciate he's a totally different player but that type of player generally commands more money. I would say you will beat your transfer record for him but not by too much more unless a bidding war happens.

The other thing is both Celtic and Rangers had been trying to sign Turnbull since he was 9 or something. They were well aware of him, he wasn't an unknown quantity that appeared from nowhere he'd been running the show in Dev league games against both for years.

If anything his breakthrough season in our first team just confirmed what Celtic already knew about him. 

Edited by capt_oats

11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Given Eddie Howe appears to be imminent and our track record of developing players for the EPL I think we would be a pull for any player in Scotland. About 80% of our team won’t be here next season either so places are  up for grabs.

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Given Eddie Howe appears to be imminent and our track record of developing players for the EPL I think we would be a pull for any player in Scotland. About 80% of our team won’t be here next season either so places are  up for grabs.

Yip, I think Howe will end up at Celtic. He’s been out of work for 12 months now with no interest from the EPL so can’t see that changing now.

Decided the B team beating Hibs wasn't enough, so chuck the C side at Celtic.

Humping inbound and we find ourselves finishing 6th and losing the Final, covid to destroy our season.

6 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Where's this covid chat coming from?

I've seen some mentions of it on Twitter, but nothing concrete. It's either the case that Clark, Gordon, McCann and O'Halloran have all picked up injuries in the last three days or there have been further positive tests. Honestly, I'd say that the latter sounds more likely.

Edited by The Real Saints

2 hours ago, Widge said:

I see this bit in bold and laugh, as Rangers fans think the exact same thing. Saints are going to be looking for 2-3million if not more based on 2 immaculate seasons in the top flight, he's now got 4/5 international caps and isn't even 22 yet. The benchmark figure is Turnbull for 3million based on 1 great top flight season and nothing else. 

Id rather Celtic paid decent money to Scottish clubs for players than spending it on quite often dross from europe. We missed out on Mcginn because we were so tight in offering money to Hibs yet we paid 3 and 4 million for Bolingoli and Klimala.

The other plus point is that the money stays within our domestic league

14 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I've seen some mentions of it on Twitter, but nothing concrete. It's either the case that Clark, Gordon, McCann and O'Halloran have all picked up injuries in the last three days or there have been further positive tests. Honestly, I'd say that the latter sounds more likely.

If those players had tested positive wouldn’t more of the first team be isolating? 

2 hours ago, G51 said:

£2m is a very reasonable fee for Rangers and Celtic. I think St Johnstone's record sale is £1.75m?

I really like the kid, but I'm not sure I see St Johnstone getting £3m for him. £2m feels about right.

Celtic paid £1.5m for Jack Hendry.

I'd be hugely disappointed if McCann is anywhere near that figure.

Just now, Dick Van Dyke said:

If those players had tested positive wouldn’t more of the first team be isolating? 

No idea about the bubbles. Could be similar to last week's situation where two tested positive and the other two were closest to them on club transport. This is just pure speculation. Hopefully they've just got minor knocks and nothing to worry about.

21 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Where's this covid chat coming from?

The rumour seems to have appeared after the line up came out, so hopefully just 2+2 stuff.

Very strange line up/bench considering the game is still important, though. Not as if our schedule is tight or anything, but guess this is the game you'd chuck the reserves at if you wanted to.

The rumour seems to have appeared after the line up came out, so hopefully just 2+2 stuff.
Very strange line up/bench considering the game is still important, though. Not as if our schedule is tight or anything, but guess this is the game you'd chuck the reserves at if you wanted to.

Eric Nicholson saying it’s Covid /isolation issues.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Eric Nicholson saying it’s Covid /isolation issues.

Yeah just seen that. Gutted but think it means those missing today will be able to play in the Final?

Finger math has 10 days, including today, meaning they'll be back for the 22nd.

Not ideal though.