Joint statement by the WoSFL, EoSFL and SoSFL

Wonder when the 3 leagues will ask why there's only one promotion space for 3 possible teir 6 Champions in the Lowland League.

Anybody that thinks this a true pyramid is sadly mistaken.

One team relegated from the Lowland League, at that rate it could take a club 20 years to reach the Lowland League.

You need to win say the EoSFL then fight it with the WoSFL and the SoSFL

One team out of 150.

Pyramid, yer having a giraffe.

Can't say I disagree with anything much in that statement, Peter...We went to a fair bit of trouble to create a league for Mr.Fraser so that his team would eventually have a place to be relegated into and then he turns around to suck the old firm boaby at the first chance he got.

Maybe we should tell him that clubs (with supporters) will probably not bother attending matches with his club if this dreary, tawdry, proposal goes ahead.

12 minutes ago, Shanner said:

they urgently need a better statement writer, but that aside the sentiment is spot on.

can much be done to prevent this shitty idea coming to fruition?

I don't see it happening. The Tier 6 leagues have come out against it, the SFA came out against Rangers POV on what has been happening behind the scenes, and ultimately more questions than answers have been raised.

With less than a month to go on AGMs the whole thing seems too messy to set resolve. Instead of focusing on getting fans back in the grounds and Kelty potentially getting promoted the whole thing has been a PR disaster.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't see it happening. The Tier 6 leagues have come out against it, the SFA came out against Rangers POV on what has been happening behind the scenes, and ultimately more questions than answers have been raised.

ge thing seems too messy to set resolve. Instead of focusing on getting fans back in the grounds and Kelty potentially getting promoted the whole thing has been a PR disaster.

good stuff, hopefully it gets shelved with all the other hair brained schemes.

I can't imagine anyone other than a few OF fans wanting this pish. 

Personally I'm bemused why the big guns don't start at the bottom of the WoSFL and fight it out to move up the leagues. Maybe give a few teams a chance with the gate money. I'd imagine the top two would be an attraction around the West of Scotland especially if the big team ain't playing that day.

43 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Personally I'm bemused why the big guns don't start at the bottom of the WoSFL and fight it out to move up the leagues. Maybe give a few teams a chance with the gate money. I'd imagine the top two would be an attraction around the West of Scotland especially if the big team ain't playing that day.

just the WOS?

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

With less than a month to go on AGMs the whole thing seems too messy to set resolve. Instead of focusing on getting fans back in the grounds and Kelty potentially getting promoted the whole thing has been a PR disaster.

Who has the final say on this ??? If it’s the Lowland League I can see this happening. A number of teams in that league have invested a fair amount  of money and could see this as a way of getting some of it back. Money talks.

Have also heard that Spartans have received a substantial amount of money from an American investor for next season.

18 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Who has the final say on this ??? If it’s the Lowland League I can see this happening. A number of teams in that league have invested a fair amount  of money and could see this as a way of getting some of it back. Money talks.

Have also heard that Spartans have received a substantial amount of money from an American investor for next season.

Just the 17 clubs in the LL with a simple majority needed. So 9 clubs. Bonnyrigg have came out against. CSS are meant to be against. Kelty should have enough common sense not to be a deciding vote since there's a good chance they won't even be involved next season. With how fractious the topic is I don't see it get enough support.

12 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Wonder when the 3 leagues will ask why there's only one promotion space for 3 possible teir 6 Champions in the Lowland League.

Anybody that thinks this a true pyramid is sadly mistaken.

One team relegated from the Lowland League, at that rate it could take a club 20 years to reach the Lowland League.

You need to win say the EoSFL then fight it with the WoSFL and the SoSFL

One team out of 150.

Pyramid, yer having a giraffe.

Suspect more of the former boys clubs and pre-2015 EoS premier and SoS clubs will need to be flushed around the u-bend before that will get changed. Time will tell.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

19 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Just the 17 clubs in the LL with a simple majority needed. So 9 clubs. Bonnyrigg have came out against. CSS are meant to be against. Kelty should have enough common sense not to be a deciding vote since there's a good chance they won't even be involved next season. With how fractious the topic is I don't see it get enough support.

11 for 5 against and 1 abstention   … … Looks like it’s going to happen 

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Did any of the clubs canvas their fans before voting?

what a shitty decision.

Agree with what your saying … … But who pays the piper calls the tune a lot of these clubs as with some in the WoSFL are bankrolled by one individual 

45 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Agree with what your saying … … But who pays the piper calls the tune a lot of these clubs as with some in the WoSFL are bankrolled by one individual 

yeah sadly  it was more of a rhetorical question. 

I'm sure it will be patronisingly framed as a  fantastic chance for oor wee daft part time players and fans to come up against, erm, guys who will mostly remain anonymous and end up hovering about this level in less famous kits in a couple of years time anyway.