2021 Scottish Cup Final (Hibernian v St.Johnstone)

27 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

For the sake of letting a mere 500 folk in each? No thanks. Would rather it was at Hampden.

It would be more than 500 each, now talk Hampden might be allowed to have fans in anyway.

I can’t believe they’re going to do this to us.

Get the hopes right up of being able to attend the cup final, discussions will run for a day or two then an announcement will be made that there won’t be fans as they can’t find a way to make it work/ too short notice etc.

“Not to worry though, you can watch all the action live on the bbc...”

If I was a player, playing it in Aberdeen would be a swift no thanks. A hampden Cup final, empty or not is a career pinnacle.

From a fans point of view, also a no thanks, plenty better venues. These discussions should have been ongoing from months ago, if anyone really expects the SFA to come up with some kind of sensible plan in less than 2 weeks, I'd like some of what they're on.

Nobody will be allowed to travel to the game together, so you need however many car parking spaces. Tickets need to be allocated, and how is that done?
Merchandise, catering, security and policing all required at short notice.

It's a lovely idea, but it's been left far too late IMO.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is the equivalent of gloating about your sexual conquests, when one of them is Maggie Thatchers corpse, m8.

Nobody from Leith would touch her dead or alive - the Perth gammons though.........................

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Talk of Malmö has reminded me that we used to employ Fraser Mullen and Jordon Forster was an ever present in our defence. What a fucking shambles of a club club we were back then. 

Tbf I thought Forster was going to be the next big thing when he first broke through. Very unlucky with injuries from what I recall.

Edited by EH75

49 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I can’t believe they’re going to do this to us.

Get the hopes right up of being able to attend the cup final, discussions will run for a day or two then an announcement will be made that there won’t be fans as they can’t find a way to make it work/ too short notice etc.

“Not to worry though, you can watch all the action live on the bbc...”

This is what'll most likely happen.   Best case surely now 50 extra tickets for families and staff.  Season ticket holders nay chance.  

If it comes to Hampden and 12k like for the Euros which there is chat that they’re trying for now then the only logical approach would be to do season ticket holder tickets only.

That gives us 11k Hibs fans and about 250 St Johnstone fans, with 750 to spare for the Proclaimers, Irvine Welsh, The Murrays, Russell Brand, Grant Stott, Dougray Scott and The Malaprop Sisters & all our other many celebrity fans.

This isn't just any old game to win another tin cup. This is also huge in Scottish football to establish who will officially be crowned The Third Force.

This century, outside the big two, only Hearts, Hibs and Saints have won two major honours, so this really is a battle to establish who are the King of the Diddies.

I hadn't realised just how poor Hibernian's historic cup final record is.  Apparently in the league cup they've won 3 and lost 7, whereas in the Scottish Cup they have won 3 and lost 11.

Thats 6 wins out of 18 finals.

Despite our recent success, our overall record is 2 wins and 2 defeats.  (1/1 in SC, 1/3 in LC).

Im seeing echoes of the last time St.Johnstone won the cup. Hibs, like Dundee United had the far better players and are favourites but Saints seem to have their number of late. Although I think the odds are far less this time for Saint Johnstone.

27 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Im seeing echoes of the last time St.Johnstone won the cup. Hibs, like Dundee United had the far better players and are favourites but Saints seem to have their number of late. Although I think the odds are far less this time for Saint Johnstone.

Nobody gives a f**k, off you pop loser.

57 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Whilst that may be true in Perth, the Scottish cup final is a pretty big deal for the footballing towns and cities in Scotland, I suggest you give it a watch.

You say this, but I cant remember seeing Celtic fill up a city centre, and have a bus parade, after they've won it.