2021 Scottish Cup Final (Hibernian v St.Johnstone)

2 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Honest question - why do you think Saints are 'this confident'? Despite the last few results between us I'd expect most folk and the bookies to have you as favourites. 

Probably based on a number of your posters on here, which may not be representative tbh.

Taking a neutral view on our H2H this season (after CD got his formation and tactics sorted) I would be kinda surprised if you were not super confident - and I dont buy any of the crap that bookies come up with, they seem to inhabit a different planet sometimes.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This should really be the battle of two MOTY candidates, BTW. Wild that Ross could get 3rd and win the Scottish Cup and not even be nominated.

MOTY is already decided - although why they didnt leave it a few weeks I dont know?

Its not as if there is a big pissup in a Glasgow hotel this year..................

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Probably based on a number of your posters on here, which may not be representative tbh.

Taking a neutral view on our H2H this season (after CD got his formation and tactics sorted) I would be kinda surprised if you were not super confident - and I dont buy any of the crap that bookies come up with, they seem to inhabit a different planet sometimes.

True that bookies odds is as much to do with weight of money than probability so fair enough. 

No doubt we'll be confident. There's definitely a confidence (not arrogance) that CD seems to be able to create in this team. In many ways the team will probably be more confident than the fans, which isn't a bad thing of course.

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Hibs are the favourites IMO - based on league position & comparative budget/players. That’s not to say I don’t think we have a good chance, and certainly have a decent H2H record this season. We’ll have to play very well to win. 

5 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Hibs are the favourites IMO - based on league position & comparative budget/players. That’s not to say I don’t think we have a good chance, and certainly have a decent H2H record this season. We’ll have to play very well to win. 

Maybe with the bookies but I’m yet to see anyone on this thread or on social media for that matter that is expecting to see Hibs win and I’ve seen plenty the other way, myself included.

As shown in the last match between the two sides, I’m not sure St Johnstone will need to play that well to beat us.

I'm just hoping players who can win us this game remain fit. Our back 3, Wotherspoon, Porteous, maybe even Middleton now, need protected over the next 2 weeks as best as possible.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

MOTY is already decided - although why they didnt leave it a few weeks I dont know?

Its not as if there is a big pissup in a Glasgow hotel this year..................

Did we not come up against Warbiola in the 2016 cup final after he’d somehow been awarded manager of the year for winning the championship? What a laugh that was. 

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

Did we not come up against Warbiola in the 2016 cup final after he’d somehow been awarded manager of the year for winning the championship? What a laugh that was. 

Jim McIntyre won the SFWA Manager of the Year award in 15/16, voted for by the press.

Warburton won the PFA Scotland award, which is voted for by the players.

17 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

Hibs have hibsed every cup final they’ve played (even the one they won) & Saints have never lost a Scottish cup final.

Going ng to be a cracker!

dcPZ43y.gif

Hibsed It

17 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

They should have been 3-0 up & were losing with 10 minutes to go!

Hibsed it early so they got to come back.

xupT2sI.gif

Hibsed It

Edited by Mon Dieu

If the two teams on the day played to the best of their capabilities Hibs would win. That's not in doubt.

Do St Johnstone like playing against Hibs? Of course they do, Hibs think they can play a bit and leave gaps all over the place and Saints absolutely love this and quite often punish them for this. One things for sure Hibs will need to play well to win the cup.

I'm 100% in the Saints are going to pump these fuckers camp.

21 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The thing about Hampden is very clearly true given that last season's and this season's finals were both originally scheduled for early May for exactly this reason.

There's no doubt they could have tried harder to have it elsewhere though.

Being at Hampden yesterday there were already a good number of changes, half the carpark behind the south stand is already being converted into what looked like outside broadcast units and studios , the purple carpark has what looks like a hospitality unit set up and I had a UEFA VAR box and associated cables on the desk in front of me. 

We were also told after full time to expect even more of the carpark to be out of use for the final and more changes inside the ground. 

35 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Being at Hampden yesterday there were already a good number of changes, half the carpark behind the south stand is already being converted into what looked like outside broadcast units and studios , the purple carpark has what looks like a hospitality unit set up and I had a UEFA VAR box and associated cables on the desk in front of me. 

We were also told after full time to expect even more of the carpark to be out of use for the final and more changes inside the ground. 

Does this work involve the seated areas though? If the games going to be played there anyway is it really beyond the wit of the SFA to get the stands behind either goal available for a couple of thousand fans per team for one afternoon? Can appreciate UEFA have standards of what they want for hosting the tournament games but does that also involve upgrades to the spectator areas that mean they’re completely out of action even to a small crowd for one day?

29 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Does this work involve the seated areas though? If the games going to be played there anyway is it really beyond the wit of the SFA to get the stands behind either goal available for a couple of thousand fans per team for one afternoon? Can appreciate UEFA have standards of what they want for hosting the tournament games but does that also involve upgrades to the spectator areas that mean they’re completely out of action even to a small crowd for one day?

From what I could see the areas behind the goals are untouched but many of the access areas to the stadium just now are.

They are however building TV gantries into the corners of the North stand. Premier were broadcasting from one of them yesterday. I assume they are making use of the lower capacity and spreading the TV people out for the Euros.

With all the talk of pinch points that could be the issue but if you are just talking about 5000 t0 10000 I don't see why not

2 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Saints fans getting very cocky here. Don’t count your crops before they’ve harvested.

Get these pumped Hibs.

Funnily enough, it's this ancient Lithuanian proverb that serves as the motto of FK Trakai, the club who pumped St Johnstone out of Europe a few years ago now.

Don't even care about the Scottish Cup itself, Hibs simply have to win to stop St Johnstone taking a combine harvester to this nation's wonderful coefficient.

I will be supporting my green and white brethren in this final. The big dogs have to stick together.

Plus St Johnstone being guaranteed European football might make Ali McCann more expensive.