2021 Scottish Cup Final (Hibernian v St.Johnstone)

This is going to feel strange. First time I've not had ante-post money on the opiate ingesters when they've made a final since Arthur Duncan's match in 1979. There have been maybe 10 cups I've not backed them in as I thought the odds were too skinny - including this one. Up on the deal though: two wins at 33/1 and one at 25/1. 

Three meetings in 2021. Three Sainties wins. No Hibs goals. 

Post-split: Hibs 7 points, Sainties 5 points.

Last 10 League games: Sainties 15 points, Hibs 14 points.

This year: Sainties W7 D6 L4 for 27 points; Hibs W8 D3 L6 for 27 points.

I'd have to say the bookies' odds look to be skewed by Hibs being a "bigger club" and having a lot more fans than Sainties. So would everyone else who looks at this objectively. This newish SBK mob are "showing out"🤣, going best price both sides: Hibs at 19/13 and they still have the Perth boys at 5/2. Some 23/10 and plenty of 9/4 around for the underdogs with the bigger firms. Hibs around the 11/8 and 13/10 mark generally.  Saints skipping between 3.45 and 3.5 on Betfair just now, Hibs bouncing at around 2.48 to 2.5.

On all rational analysis, Hibs are way too short. St.Johnstone are way too long.

Logic says Sainties are value. I can't explain why I haven't backed them. I had £100 on Ross County before the 2016 League Cup Final at 23/10, as it was clearly a wrong price and the winnings would cover train, hotel, match ticket & beers if the teuchters won the match.

I've never hesitated to oppose Hìbs if the opposition is obviously overpriced. St.Johnstone clearly are overpriced. Cannot talk myself into backing St.Johnstone just now though🤔... which is daft.

I will keep trying😑.

#persevere.

Edited by FortescueFotheringhamSmyth
Typo

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

Still really is a disgrace there is no fans at Hampden today. 

I agree they should’ve moved the match to a suitable venue in a different area. Really no reason why they couldn’t have done so.  

1 minute ago, Ill Ray said:

I agree they should’ve moved the match to a suitable venue in a different area. Really no reason why they couldn’t have done so.  

Excluding last minute logistics of course.