2021 Scottish Cup Final (Hibernian v St.Johnstone)

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Is this going to be one of those threads where only about 3 Hibs fans post pre-match, whereas if they win the cup there will be hundreds of them all over the thread giving it big licks?!!

You Got It Thumbs Up GIF by TipsyElves.com

Been fairly calm, with spells of panic, but listened to our cup final song today and just about passed out.

Tonight is going to be absolutely fucking hellish.

I’m genuinely not nervous at all. I thought I would be but it’s just not kicked in yet. If we hadn’t done it in 2016 I’d probably have been a total wreck. The team that Ross will pick is fairly obvious I’d say;

Macey, McGinn, Porteous (id prefer Daz), Hanlon, Boyle, Irvine, Gogic, Newell, Doig, Nisbet and Doidge. 

Im not at all confident to be fair, St Johnstone have had our number all season. We are obviously a better side based on the league season playing other teams but head to head it’s been horrific stuff. First goal will be crucial. 

34 minutes ago, Zing. said:

We are obviously a better side based on the league season playing other teams but head to head it’s been horrific stuff. First goal will be crucial. 

It's obviously a cliche but I think this as well.  Neutrals will probably want Hibs to get it to bring Saints out a bit, the fear for us being Hibs have a lot of pace and threat up front who can pick us off on the counter.  If we get it, we've generally been good at defending leads since Christmas and difficult to break down.  We also have players who can do damage on the break.

Three 1-0's in the league, so don't expect it will be a very high scoring game, but you never know.. 

I'm looking forward to watching this as a neutral. It's a shame fans can't be there, but hopefully the relaxation of rules will allow most of you to enjoy it with friends/family if you choose to do so.

I'm expecting an extremely tight game but have a sneaky suspicion that St Johnstone will edge it. I don't usually put too much thought into the idea of mindset being the decider but I'd say there's a bit more pressure on Hibs to win it and St Johnstone have already lifted one trophy this season which will give them a subconscious feeling of confidence.

Prediction: 2-1 St Johnstone.

Edited by AJF

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

There is only one cup final song worth mentioning.......................no apologies for posting, it popped up on the timeline 5 years on today. 

Tbh this a reason I'm gutted we can't go. 

Be rare for me to ever get the chance to actually experience 30k+ fans singing that song, which is a bit gutting.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbh this a reason I'm gutted we can't go. 

Be rare for me to ever get the chance to actually experience 30k+ fans singing that song, which is a bit gutting.

tbf, we would only be singing it if we won..................so you probably dont really want to hear it !!

There is only one cup final song worth mentioning.......................no apologies for posting, it popped up on the timeline 5 years on today. 

Lived in Leith for 5 years. Last night in Scotland before heading to Vietnam, standing on the tables in Port of Leith belting this out! Will always love that song.

3 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Off work today so nerves starting to really kick in! If everyone’s available and fit I think the team should be:

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney McCann Craig Booth

Wotherspoon Kane Middleton

I wouldn’t be upset if it was May instead of Kane or Melamed instead of Middleton, but for me that’s our best XI over the park few weeks. I certainly can’t see us doing anything other than the above in the defence/midfield - the only question is which striker starts centrally and who supports along with Wotherspoon.

COYS.

Would not be unhappy with that, or May instead of Middleton, feel he's more of an off the bench performer. 

He's been poor recently but would be happy to see Guy start, not least because we've never lost a game he's started. Also, he seems to have better games against Hibs.

Also, I agree with your COYS.

15 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

tbf, we would only be singing it if we won..................so you probably dont really want to hear it !!

Ideally you go 1-0 up, have a wee sing, then we charge back to win 2-1 and sing it back ironically.

Severe cliche time from me but any rational thought or logic goes out the window here.  It is mad enough we are in two finals in one season, winning them both?  I just can't comprehend it at all.  Am a nervous wreck, will be in bits come kick off.  I'm a bit concerned there will be an unexpected omission from the team, not based on anything ITK at all, just a gut feeling and you'd have to think it is possible given the last few weeks.  My gut is notoriously pessimistic and often proved wrong, countless times over the course of this season alone, so hopefully that is again the case here.  COYS.    

Severe cliche time from me but any rational thought or logic goes out the window here.  It is mad enough we are in two finals in one season, winning them both?  I just can't comprehend it at all.  Am a nervous wreck, will be in bits come kick off.  I'm a bit concerned there will be an unexpected omission from the team, not based on anything ITK at all, just a gut feeling and you'd have to think it is possible given the last few weeks.  My gut is notoriously pessimistic and often proved wrong, countless times over the course of this season alone, so hopefully that is again the case here.  COYS.    
Think we are 100% in terms of players available. No issues.