2021 Scottish Cup Final (Hibernian v St.Johnstone)

12 hours ago, subtleapple said:

Wondering if anybody knows of any pubs in London that show Scottish football? Moved down a couple of months ago and  I would hate to watch this by myself in the house. 

You could try the Albion near the Thameslink station in Blackfriars. The Yucatan in Hackney a decent bet. Molly Bloom's in Dalston does a lot of games.

12 hours ago, subtleapple said:

Wondering if anybody knows of any pubs in London that show Scottish football? Moved down a couple of months ago and  I would hate to watch this by myself in the house. 

The Faltering Fullback near Finsbury Park tube always put the Morton games on Alba for me when I asked. Good pub. Smoking area's like the Ewok village

Starting to feel a bit real.

I spoke to my grandad last night about the match and this season. He’s not an emotional man but when he said he’d waited 75 years for a final in 2014 and now he was lucky enough to see another this season I realised just how lucky the older Saints fans are.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

I spoke to my grandad last night about the match and this season. He’s not an emotional man but when he said he’d waited 75 years for a final in 2014 and now he was lucky enough to see another this season I realised just how lucky the older Saints fans are.

You mean the younger fans, aye?

12 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The Faltering Fullback near Finsbury Park tube always put the Morton games on Alba for me when I asked. Good pub. Smoking area's like the Ewok village

Aye been there before! Someone else has suggested that place for Saturday as well. Will give them a bell. Cheers

44 minutes ago, subtleapple said:

Aye been there before! Someone else has suggested that place for Saturday as well. Will give them a bell. Cheers

Everytime I asked they warned me they had two main screens and if a larger group wanted to see something else they'd need to switch but it never came up. So unless there's a particularly big GAA game on that day ye'll be fine

6 hours ago, mizfit said:

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Got you.  

Must also be a bit mad if you're a teenage Saints fan.  Cup finals and Europe are the norm!

In summary - if you are alive when your team gets in cup finals - regardless of whether you are young or old - its great?  Just as long as you are not dead? Or as yet unborn?

Just checking............................

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

stjohnstone-hibs-scottishcup-squad-selector-6009ef940ddfc92aa5ee6c862c6c001d.thumb.jpg.f7798fdbbfe7203f6d60340c0aa4b2ef.jpg

Once we add a couple of ballers next season this'll probably be even more weighted towards us, IMO.

All very well and good but Paul Hanlon has more Scotland caps than all the St Johnstone players in there combined 😎.

Personally would have it like this:

9BC5E8C7-CA35-43D1-A552-DC06847FC054.thumb.jpeg.96d510f206ba725eb4aaf59c8c6964d2.jpeg

You could argue for McCart over Hanlon and I think it’s a fair shout but bias probably affects my judgement.

Can’t not have big shagger Doidge in there 32 goals in 1.75 seasons, when you put that into perspective that’s only  4 less goals than St Johnstone have managed this season.

I still think St Johnstone will win as they play better as a unit than we do and have a better manager but there’s no doubt Hibs have better personnel.

Doig really impressed me that first half in the league cup.

Didn’t pay too much attention to him second half as I was deep into the sesh and getting labelled a disgrace by the other half.

5 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

All very well and good but Paul Hanlon has more Scotland caps than all the St Johnstone players in there combined 😎.

Personally would have it like this:

9BC5E8C7-CA35-43D1-A552-DC06847FC054.thumb.jpeg.96d510f206ba725eb4aaf59c8c6964d2.jpeg

You could argue for McCart over Hanlon and I think it’s a fair shout but bias probably affects my judgement.

Can’t not have big shagger Doidge in there 32 goals in 1.75 seasons, when you put that into perspective that’s only  4 less goals than St Johnstone have managed this season.

I still think St Johnstone will win as they play better as a unit than we do and have a better manager but there’s no doubt Hibs have better personnel.

That front three for Hibs looks very strong, there's no denying that they look to have more goals in them than our forwards. Feel at the back we are quite a bit stronger though.  

Both keepers can be spectacular but have mistakes in their lockers.

Its midfield which is tough to call and could be key.  Hibs arguably got greater strength in depth, but it's getting the right balance in the starting 11 which is maybe a struggle at times for them.  

Ours looks a fairly straight forward selection in there; MCann and Wotherspoon bankers if fit, with Liam Craig likely to start ahead of Bryson if Craig is fully recovered.

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

That front three for Hibs looks very strong, there's no denying that they look to have more goals in them than our forwards. Feel at the back we are quite a bit stronger though.  

Both keepers can be spectacular but have mistakes in their lockers.

Its midfield which is tough to call and could be key.  Hibs arguably got greater strength in depth, but it's getting the right balance in the starting 11 which is maybe a struggle at times for them.  

Ours looks a fairly straight forward selection in there; MCann and Wotherspoon bankers if fit, with Liam Craig likely to start ahead of Bryson if Craig is fully recovered.

Would totally disagree on strength in depth.

We have 3 very good central midfielders in Gogic, Irvine and Newell. Ali McCann would definitely get into our team, Wotherspoon on his day possibly, if Liam Craig is a better player than Jackson Irvine though then I’m going to fly to Hampden and watch the game mid air.

After that though we have nothing, Hallberg is absolutely rubbish, Magennis has hardly kicked a ball for us and we don’t really have anything else.

The only players that will be on our bench that are of any value at all are Jamie Murphy and Darren McGregor. The other subs are either shite, too old or too young.

St Johnstone seem to have absolutely loads of CMs, Wotherspoon, Craig, McCann, Bryson, Davidson, Gilmour all capable at this level.

Edited by Les Cabbage