Lyle Lanley

2021 Scottish Cup Final (Hibernian v St.Johnstone)

59 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Lots of options there for a team so struck by Covid they've been unable to train for weeks.

I mean, we literally have had 8 players out with Covid over the past couple of weeks, and our manager has admitted we've only trained a handful of times.

Its just facts.

I mean, we literally have had 8 players out with Covid over the past couple of weeks, and our manager has admitted we've only trained a handful of times.
Its just facts.

Fan of the big team running scared. Shades of United. Without two dodgy refereeing decisions we’d have been unbeaten against the mighty third place Hibernian.

1 hour ago, andrewh said:

Fan of the big team running scared. Shades of United. Without two dodgy refereeing decisions we’d have been unbeaten against the mighty third place Hibernian.

Aye an we'd still be third.  I'll be honest with you.  I am shitting it.  The game against that kumbaya my lord, helping blind pensioners across the road, nhs fundraising, world peace enabling, puppy rescuing, public order champions was different.  I knew we would beat them.  I knew it.  Even at 2-1 down.  I knew it.

I've the fear for this big time.

Strangely relaxed. 2016 was so good that nothing will come close and the fact I can't be at the game or even the pub without booking and there will be no parade or organised celebrations should we win has somewhat taken a bit of the excitement away from it this year. Its weird. 

I'm sure I'll completely change my tune on this by the weekend though. 

IMG_1182.thumb.JPG.c783adad17f59227302b51a037f9191a.JPG

I'm going for the above line up, though in truth I'm not overly fussed as Davidson has more than earned everyone's trust to do what he thinks best.

The big worry for me is the fitness of Booth as there's no natural replacement (would imagine it would have to be Brown) and he'll be up against arguably Hibs' most dangerous player in Boyle.

Middleton a fair shout to start, but I think Kane and May are our hardest working forwards, and with us having disrupted preparation, and Hibs likely to come at us early, I'd like us to be solid and play our way into the game.

0-0 half way through with Middleton, Melamed, O'Halloran, Bryson and Conway all available to bring on wouldn't be the worst thing.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

IMG_1182.thumb.JPG.c783adad17f59227302b51a037f9191a.JPG

I'm going for the above line up, though in truth I'm not overly fussed as Davidson has more than earned everyone's trust to do what he thinks best.

The big worry for me is the fitness of Booth as there's no natural replacement (would imagine it would have to be Brown) and he'll be up against arguably Hibs' most dangerous player in Boyle.

Middleton a fair shout to start, but I think Kane and May are our hardest working forwards, and with us having disrupted preparation, and Hibs likely to come at us early, I'd like us to be solid and play our way into the game.

0-0 half way through with Middleton, Melamed, O'Halloran, Bryson and Conway all available to bring on wouldn't be the worst thing.

I'd go for this. 

Middleton to be an impact sub!

I felt pretty confident and relaxed in the build-up to our two most recent finals. I'll be honest and say that I don't have that same feeling at the moment. I already have images in my head of Saints fans and the media proclaiming it to be a 'bittersweet ending' to a 'season which remains a fantastic one regardless'. I usually have a good sixth sense for things like this.

In short, I think we can win this but I simply don't believe that we will. A double seems implausible.

Saw a tweet today suggesting Hendry is back and eligible?

I'd be reluctant to put him into the team having been away, but maybe better than having one of the youth team on the bench.

4 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Saw a tweet today suggesting Hendry is back and eligible?

I'd be reluctant to put him into the team having been away, but maybe better than having one of the youth team on the bench.

He played and scored for Aberdeen in their win v Dumbarton.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

He played and scored for Aberdeen in their win v Dumbarton.

Thanks, must be why nobody has already mentioned him in either thread 

4 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Thanks, must be why nobody has already mentioned him in either thread 

Same with Scott Allan - ineligible but will travel with the team.

Hope that most, if not all, our Covid affected players are available.

And Ryan Porteous - he's been in great form for Saints this season.

Quite relaxed about this one, ask me again on Saturday. One thing for sure is Jack will have to come up with a new plan to thwart Davidson. I'm keen on McGregor starting but think it would be a bit of a blow on the young boy's ego to leave Porteous on the bench. With all that in mind I would go for a 5-2-3.

Macey

McGinn,McGregor, Porteous , Hanlon, Doig

Gogic Irvine

Boyle Nisbet Doidge

Not going to happen but would allow Hanlon or Porteous to bomb up the park at will knowing theres cover for them and Davidson wouldn't see that formation coming.

Shamelessly stolen from the Aberdeen thread. Looks like whoever wins on Saturday isn’t guaranteed group stage European football after all.

Aye an we'd still be third.  I'll be honest with you.  I am shitting it.  The game against that kumbaya my lord, helping blind pensioners across the road, nhs fundraising, world peace enabling, puppy rescuing, public order champions was different.  I knew we would beat them.  I knew it.  Even at 2-1 down.  I knew it.
I've the fear for this big time.

:)

18 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Shamelessly stolen from the Aberdeen thread. Looks like whoever wins on Saturday isn’t guaranteed group stage European football after all.

I noticed that when looking up the SFA announcement about qualifying places last week, but had just assumed something had changed since it was so widely reported we'd be in the Play-Offs.

Bastion of truth wikipedia has the winners in the Play-Off, then dropping to Conference League Groups if they lose.

Looks like we need Chelsea to win the CL to have the winners of this in the Play-Offs, I think.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looks like we need Chelsea to win the CL to have the winners of this in the Play-Offs, I think.

Yeah Berts site did have the Scot Cup winner in the prime spot before but its changed.

Bit of a fucker, but I suppose we will have to content ourselves with another domestic trophy.