2021 Scottish Cup Final (Hibernian v St.Johnstone)

Quite relaxed about this one, ask me again on Saturday. One thing for sure is Jack will have to come up with a new plan to thwart Davidson. I'm keen on McGregor starting but think it would be a bit of a blow on the young boy's ego to leave Porteous on the bench. With all that in mind I would go for a 5-2-3.

Macey

McGinn,McGregor, Porteous , Hanlon, Doig

Gogic Irvine

Boyle Nisbet Doidge

Not going to happen but would allow Hanlon or Porteous to bomb up the park at will knowing theres cover for them and Davidson wouldn't see that formation coming.

Aye an we'd still be third.  I'll be honest with you.  I am shitting it.  The game against that kumbaya my lord, helping blind pensioners across the road, nhs fundraising, world peace enabling, puppy rescuing, public order champions was different.  I knew we would beat them.  I knew it.  Even at 2-1 down.  I knew it.
I've the fear for this big time.

:)

18 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Shamelessly stolen from the Aberdeen thread. Looks like whoever wins on Saturday isn’t guaranteed group stage European football after all.

I noticed that when looking up the SFA announcement about qualifying places last week, but had just assumed something had changed since it was so widely reported we'd be in the Play-Offs.

Bastion of truth wikipedia has the winners in the Play-Off, then dropping to Conference League Groups if they lose.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looks like we need Chelsea to win the CL to have the winners of this in the Play-Offs, I think.

Yeah Berts site did have the Scot Cup winner in the prime spot before but its changed.

Bit of a fucker, but I suppose we will have to content ourselves with another domestic trophy.

Just now, Leith Green said:

We want Chelsea or Villareal to win their finals - see my screenshot above 👆

Cheers man. Apologies, I didn’t see your last post as it was lost in amongst adverts.

So if Chelsea or Villarreal win then the Scottish cup winners get straight into the playoff round?

And if Chelsea and Villarreal lose then the Scottish cup winners go into round 3 (round before the playoff round) seeded but a potentially really tough opponent.

That right?

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

We want Chelsea or Villareal to win their finals - see my screenshot above 👆

Can see all the Hibs fans buying the Chelsea scarfs from Sports Direct to support them next weekend. 👀

(providing we win the cup of course) 

16 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Can see all the Hibs fans buying the Chelsea scarfs from Sports Direct to support them next weekend. 👀

Theres probably a fair few lying around George Sq in Glasgow, I heard all the bother there was caused by non-Rangers fans.....................

1 hour ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Cheers man. Apologies, I didn’t see your last post as it was lost in amongst adverts.

So if Chelsea or Villarreal win then the Scottish cup winners get straight into the playoff round?

And if Chelsea and Villarreal lose then the Scottish cup winners go into round 3 (round before the playoff round) seeded but a potentially really tough opponent.

That right?

I think you also need Chelsea or Villarreal to finish 5th, i.e. qualify for the EL group stage via the league. That opens up a space in the EL group stage, with the subsequent shuffle to fill it propagating down to the Scottish Cup winner moving on a round. 

17 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I felt pretty confident and relaxed in the build-up to our two most recent finals. I'll be honest and say that I don't have that same feeling at the moment. I already have images in my head of Saints fans and the media proclaiming it to be a 'bittersweet ending' to a 'season which remains a fantastic one regardless'. I usually have a good sixth sense for things like this.

In short, I think we can win this but I simply don't believe that we will. A double seems implausible.

Terrible post, spreading a wave of negative vibes.

I'm not angry, just disappointed.

Bitterly disappointed.

On 16/05/2021 at 23:28, EH75 said:

Strangely relaxed. 2016 was so good that nothing will come close and the fact I can't be at the game or even the pub without booking and there will be no parade or organised celebrations should we win has somewhat taken a bit of the excitement away from it this year. Its weird. 

I'm sure I'll completely change my tune on this by the weekend though. 

Completely correct and I'm deeply suspicious of any Hibs fan who's properly arsed about this.

Excuse for an excellent party and a shiny piece of silverware if we do win (which I don't think we will) - nothing more, nothing less. 

4 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Excuse for an excellent party and a shiny piece of silverware if we do win (which I don't think we will) - nothing more, nothing less. 

Even more so now the "guarantee" of European group stage football has been taken away from us.