2021 Scottish Cup Final (Hibernian v St.Johnstone)

20 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Only problem is it wasn't the 32nd minute.

Depending how you read these things, it was either in the 31st minute, or after 30 minutes. Not 32 in either case.

image.png.b1f265295f818ea93d63c2cf69734bf6.png

Yeah, saw someone on Twitter with a couple of pics quoting 33 minutes. Not something that I was going to spend any time verifying. 

1 minute ago, Steve McQueen said:

Next you’ll be saying Zander Clark didn’t score in the quarters!

🤐

(To be fair, the 32nd minute factoid was so amazing, I had to check it out. I never looked at the LC final, so maybe if someone was to do that, it might be after 30'50'' just like this one!)

8 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

🤐

(To be fair, the 32nd minute factoid was so amazing, I had to check it out. I never looked at the LC final, so maybe if someone was to do that, it might be after 30'50'' just like this one!)

I took a look on the Youtube.  The Premier Sports clock was at 31.06 minutes when Rooney's header crossed the line in the LC final.  So he scored in the 31st minute today and in the 32nd minute in the LC final - the two goals were 16 seconds apart, which is actually pretty cool.    

I’m wrecked. What a day.

I always wanted Saints to win the league cup. It was some weird obsession. I wanted our name on both trophies. We win the league cup and all of a sudden we are saying “lol imagine we did the double”

I’m not going to try and be the big c**t here. When Saints drew Clyde
and Rangers in the dra’ - I believed. The boys said “nah, we’ve not beaten the old firm on the way to the cup - we won’t do it.” But I believed. I just had a feeling. We had to break the hoodoo. We were going to beat Rangers.

We beat Rangers in the most dramatic of circumstances. After that all I can think is that we are unstoppable - if we can beat the best then we can beat anyone.

Cup final day - I can’t lie, I was fucking shitting it. I was pacing about the house like a caged lion, waiting to go to the boozer and settle the nerves.

Hibs were shite. Surprised at how bland they were, they created nothing. It turned out to be a breeze. It was just meant to be.

We have made history. I don’t know what else to say. It’s taken me half an hour to type this out properly. Fucking yes. We are Perth.

Congratulations to the Fermers.  Wouldn't want to be a hay bale in Pertherside this evening.

Btw Aberdeen you wallopers maybe should have hung fire till the end of the season and gone after a manager who has proven he has a clue what he's doing instead of the chairman's mate. Hello Callum Davidson.
What makes you think they could afford the compensation for Davidson? And what makes you think he'd go to Aberdeen?

In retrospect the result seems so obvious now tbh.

We've had Hibs number all season and they have McInnes mk2 on the bench.

11 hours ago, resk said:

This is like when Celtic lost their shit cos they scored a goal in the 67th minute but it was actually the 68th minute.  I'm not really sure of the significance of 67, but it basically ended up with Celtic fans trying to reinvent the rules of time to reinforce how special their club is.  Crazy days.   

It was their first game after Billy McNeill died IIRC.

12 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm just in from the pub so haven't checked anything but is Shaun Rooney the first player ever to score the winning goal in both cup finals in the same season?

It's a good question. There's been a few players in recent years who've scored for the winning team in both finals: Tom Rogic, Kris Boyd, Barry Ferguson, Henrik Larsson. But not an actual winner.

47 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

It was their first game after Billy McNeill died IIRC.

67 was on the clock but it wasn’t the 67th minute obviously and people were being pedantic about it.