2021 Scottish Cup Final (Hibernian v St.Johnstone)

Guest TheJTS98
4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not a classic but not even close to the worst finals.

I thought it was fine and was pretty entertaining myself though.

Made me think. Worst modern Scottish Cup finals.

Celtic - Dundee United in 2005 and Dunfermline in 2007 weren't great for the neutrall.

Rangers - Falkirk 2009 and Cetic - Motherwell 2011 similarly unenthralling. Probably Celtic - Motherwell 2018.

That aside, Scottish Cup finals all tend to have something.

7 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Made me think. Worst modern Scottish Cup finals.

Celtic - Dundee United in 2005 and Dunfermline in 2007 weren't great for the neutrall.

Rangers - Falkirk 2009 and Cetic - Motherwell 2011 similarly unenthralling. Probably Celtic - Motherwell 2018.

That aside, Scottish Cup finals all tend to have something.

Indeed.  1990 for example was 120 minutes of utter shite then SCENES at the penalty shoot-out.  

Couldn't believe how comfortable it was. Out back 3 are unbelievable but Ali McCann today, coming back from having covid, to play like that was amazing. Going to be very tough to hold on to him.

Hibs out of ideas very early.

My 9 year old stayed up wil 10:15pm to watch til the end. He has no idea how lucky he is...I was 35 before we won anything!!

What a team [emoji170]

9 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Ive had numerous Hibs fans tell me how incredible this Hibs team is.

Doig getting fucked over for the goal , Nisbett a non event , Boyles greatest contribution more diving and Jack Ross bottling another big game would suggest none of them are up to much.

It’s a shame St.Johnstone didn’t finish above Aberdeen in the league as they have played far bettter football than you lot this season. 

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, resk said:

Indeed.  1990 for example was 120 minutes of utter shite then SCENES at the penalty shoot-out.  

Yeah. It had the shoot-out. Most finals have something.

Killie - Falkirk had the desperation of both to win and (I think) a disallowed goal. Hearts - Rangers in 98 wasn't a great game, but I think because of the 36-year wait for a trophy and it being the end of Smith's team had a significance that made it a great (and fucking dramatic) final. Similarly, Hearts - Gretna in 2006 gave us all a shoot-out. Rangers - QotS was fun. Aberdeen led against Celtic in 2017 and there was a late winner. etc etc

Most finals have something. Today had the cup double angle. Incredible achievement. And, let's not forget, very funny.

11 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Classic or not doesn't fucking matter. I was out for four days after Hearts beat Gretna on penalties in 2006.

Enjoy. This is the fitba.

Oh, don’t you worry. I’ll make the most of this. On Tuesday. Tonight I’m looking after my sister’s baby while she’s at a Eurovision party, then I’m working tomorrow and Monday. Not gonna lie, I’m a bit jealous seeing videos of the celebrations in Perth. Wish I was home right now.

Anyway, mon the Saints 💙 

Winning cups in empty grounds would be shite anyway.

Jack Ross is a horrendous manager, Calum Davidson is a good manager, said it since before the semi finals, St Johnstone were gonna win the cup, luckily I lumped on it, unhealthy comfort takeaway on route to Les Cabbage towers, courtesy of Bet365.

2 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Yeah. It had the shoot-out. Most finals have something.

Killie - Falkirk had the desperation of both to win and (I think) a disallowed goal. Hearts - Rangers in 98 wasn't a great game, but I think because of the 36-year wait for a trophy and it being the end of Smith's team had a significance that made it a great (and fucking dramatic) final. Similarly, Hearts - Gretna in 2006 gave us all a shoot-out. Rangers - QotS was fun. Aberdeen led against Celtic in 2017 and there was a late winner. etc etc

Most finals have something. Today had the cup double angle. Incredible achievement. And, let's not forget, very funny.

Aye. The fact that St Johnstone bodied Rangers (who assumed their name was on the cup) out in such fantastic circumstances shouldn't be forgotten too, which really helps with the overriding narrative of finals like this..... Scottish football without the Old Firm is a great thing, and would be glorious if they fucked off. 

26 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

It’s a shame St.Johnstone didn’t finish above Aberdeen in the league as they have played far bettter football than you lot this season. 

That the best you can give? Same applies to your team, pish hoofball from Hibs today yet again.

Awful football team