2021 Scottish Cup Final (Hibernian v St.Johnstone)

29 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

some big calls from the gaffer for today's team. here is hoping he has nailed it once again

Intrigued. And less worried about this than I was for the LC final.  I imagine fitness must have played a big part, as only a couple of proper training sessions in 3 weeks takes its toll.

Lets be honest here, and taking nothing away from Hibernian, but the 2021 Scottish Cup will either be won by St Johnstone, or by Covid-19.

Here's hoping it's the good guys...

Just heard on off the ball that a St Johnstone director has taken a picture of themselves dolled for the occasion at Hampden today, has to be some mistake? Next they'll be claiming they turned up in a modern car as well! Bad omens for St Johnstone today, not just going about their business.

Watching Saints lift the cup in 2014, I genuinely though that was the best I would ever see, no way would I ever have imagined us about to play for the cup double!

Have to say, getting a bit nervous now, not that I don't believe we can do this, but it's such a huge deal and it's getting very real now.

Gutted not being able to go to Hampden for this, hoping instead for a decent atmosphere in the pub. Will be there in spirit!

Win or lose today, there's no doubt this will be a season to remember for a long time to come, and what Callum and the team have achieved is really outstanding.

Finally, may the best team win. And that team be St Johnstone!

COYS

Edited by Shipa

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Its shite not being there in person, but at least I will be in a pub with dozens of other Hibs fans.

Opposition fans looking for bites from Hibbies on here might have to wait a while - for most of us, 2016 changed everything.

Sure we are nervous/excited and want to win the cup - but after that day I am much more relaxed (although I will still pop round to Canon Hannans gravestone to ask for divine intervention 😉)

Let the chips fall where they may, St J are a good team but for me this is all about Hibs.

No daft defending, play to our capabilities and we will win.

And, if it does go our way, just how surreal will that be after waiting so long for the last one?

#GGTTH

Thank you so much for this. 🙂

12 minutes ago, Radford said:

I reckon the manager will go Bryson and Middleton.

That's what I'm reading into it as well.   I guess they have played more lately and done well. Davidson has used the 3-4-3 against Hibs a few times.

If it's right enough, hope Middleton can turn it on for the full match, as he's been most effective as an impact sub.

15 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

That's what I'm reading into it as well.   I guess they have played more lately and done well. Davidson has used the 3-4-3 against Hibs a few times.

If it's right enough, hope Middleton can turn it on for the full match, as he's been most effective as an impact sub.

My take too, but he will be fit and if the plan is to sit in again it's a bigger threat than Melamed. 

Bryson instead of Craig I'm less convinced by, again unless it's fitness. 

There was word that Tanser was back in training. Surely not Tanser instead of Booth, especially against Boyle? 

ETA so are we thinking ...

Zander

Rooney  Kerr  Gordon  McCart  Booth

McCann  Bryson

Middleton Kane Spoony

????

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

14 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

My take too, but he will be fit and if the plan is to sit in again it's a bigger threat than Melamed. 

Bryson instead of Craig I'm less convinced by, again unless it's fitness. 

There was word that Tanser was back in training. Surely not Tanser instead of Booth, especially against Boyle? 

ETA so are we thinking ...

Zander

Rooney  Kerr  Gordon  McCart  Booth

McCann  Bryson

Middleton Kane Spoony

????

That's my guess as well.