2021 Scottish Cup Final (Hibernian v St.Johnstone)

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

I'd love to win but just can't see it happening. 

Less of this

48 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I’m all aboard this kind of chat.

But come on, seriously Tam...

Reveal hidden contents

You really think Hibs can score against us?

And more of this.

Hibs are getting away lightly with just a battering on the park, if only fans were allowed....

Edited by tree house tam

19 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Think I'm more nervous because we won the league cup.

Are we ever going to be 1 game from a double ever again?

Indeed other than the big 2 when will any Scottish club be?

Next season we'll be 3rd with a double cup win.

Again.

Doesn't feel close to the excitement of 2014.

But I'm getting a pint in a pub on Saturday again, so that's quite exciting.

23 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
3 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:
Think I'm more nervous because we won the league cup.
Are we ever going to be 1 game from a double ever again?
Indeed other than the big 2 when will any Scottish club be?

Hibs in 2016 were.

No, you weren’t really. 

But that would have been amazing if you’d won both cups while having your lowest league finish in ages.

Wondering if anybody knows of any pubs in London that show Scottish football? Moved down a couple of months ago and  I would hate to watch this by myself in the house. 

Edited by subtleapple

No, you weren’t really. 

But that would have been amazing if you’d won both cups while having your lowest league finish in ages.
We lost the league cup final to a last minute goal. I'm no sure how much closer than that you're talking about.

3 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
16 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:
No, you weren’t really. 

We lost the league cup final to a last minute goal. I'm no sure how much closer than that you're talking about.

You could have won a double but you can’t be one game away if you don’t win the 1st one.

You could have won a double but you can’t be one game away if you don’t win the 1st one.
Aye, but in terms of coming close to it that's pretty much the closest anyone has since Aberdeen last did it in 1990. If hibs go out and win 3-0 or something on Saturday I'd say they came closer than St Johnstone have this season.

Just now, Lebowski said:
4 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Aye, but in terms of coming close to it that's pretty much the closest anyone has since Aberdeen last did it in 1990. If hibs go out and win 3-0 or something on Saturday I'd say they came closer than St Johnstone have this season.

I suppose Motherwell got to both finals but lost both. Shows how hard it is.

Not sure if the folks of Pie and Bovril will be able to answer this but what is it with St Johnstone  supporters and wearing masks in their twitter profile pictures? Do they think covid can be transmitted by someone @ing them or sliding into their dms? Maybe it’s just total chance but I keep seeing them and it seems very odd.

5 hours ago, Lebowski said:
22 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:
No, you weren’t really. 

Hibs would have been at about the QF round of the Scottish cup when they lost the LC final, so 3-4 wins away was as close as they got to a double.  Saints are one win away.

None of this matters just now, if Hibs win on Saturday then our cup seasons will have been similar.

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

Not sure if the folks of Pie and Bovril will be able to answer this but what is it with St Johnstone  supporters are nd wearing masks in their twitter profile pictures? Do they think covid can be transmitted by someone @ing them or sliding into their dms? Maybe it’s just total chance but I keep seeing them and it seems very fucking odd.

FTFY M9