2021 Scottish Cup Final (Hibernian v St.Johnstone)

14 hours ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Watching the FA cup final. Shows how much better it is with fans in the ground. Even a couple of thousand at each end would have made a huge difference. More gutted about us all not being able to go. It’s all very sad really. ☹️

Yes just saw clips of the celebrations and it looked great.  There’s been a big difference in the way football has been handled down south in terms of trying to get fans back.

Glad the early past of the week isn't going to be spent squabbling about ballots and tickets in truth. Hopefully we can get full all clear on virus and as near to a week of proper training as possible. Don't think not getting in stadium will effect players. 

Thoughts on the team, if everyone other than Tanser is available? 

You'd stake the mortgage on Clark, the back three, Rooney, Booth, McCann and Wotherspoon. You'd stake something less important, maybe your gran, on Kane. 

So two spots up for grabs, another central midfielder then either an attacking midfielder or striker. 

Davidson surely won't start given his lack of games so either Craig or Bryson. 

I don't think Conway will be in the thinking and not sure O'Halloran will either. So either Middleton and Wotherspoon either side of Kane, or Kane partnered by May or Melamed. 

What are folk thinking? 

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I think Craig will partner McCann, with Middleton and Wotherspoon either side of Kane.

I agree with this. I get the feeling Callum seems to be leaning back towards the 2 behind 1 striker with the changes against Livvy. Plus he rested Kane.  

It obviously worked in the semi and the recent trip to Easter Road although slightly different personnel than mentioned above.

No reason to say it can’t work again .

I like the teams above: think we’d get a fair bit of joy from Craig’s balls in behind for Kane and Middleton on the break. Thing with Middleton is he can go on either wing but can also basically double up as a striker with Kane if we need to drop Wotherspoon into midfield because of numbers.

O’Halloran, May and Melamed good options on the bench. Bryson for Wotherspoon also a shout if we’re winning, but I can’t really comprehend that right now

59 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Lots of options there for a team so struck by Covid they've been unable to train for weeks.

I mean, we literally have had 8 players out with Covid over the past couple of weeks, and our manager has admitted we've only trained a handful of times.

Its just facts.

I mean, we literally have had 8 players out with Covid over the past couple of weeks, and our manager has admitted we've only trained a handful of times.
Its just facts.

Fan of the big team running scared. Shades of United. Without two dodgy refereeing decisions we’d have been unbeaten against the mighty third place Hibernian.

1 hour ago, andrewh said:

Fan of the big team running scared. Shades of United. Without two dodgy refereeing decisions we’d have been unbeaten against the mighty third place Hibernian.

Aye an we'd still be third.  I'll be honest with you.  I am shitting it.  The game against that kumbaya my lord, helping blind pensioners across the road, nhs fundraising, world peace enabling, puppy rescuing, public order champions was different.  I knew we would beat them.  I knew it.  Even at 2-1 down.  I knew it.

I've the fear for this big time.

Strangely relaxed. 2016 was so good that nothing will come close and the fact I can't be at the game or even the pub without booking and there will be no parade or organised celebrations should we win has somewhat taken a bit of the excitement away from it this year. Its weird. 

I'm sure I'll completely change my tune on this by the weekend though. 

IMG_1182.thumb.JPG.c783adad17f59227302b51a037f9191a.JPG

I'm going for the above line up, though in truth I'm not overly fussed as Davidson has more than earned everyone's trust to do what he thinks best.

The big worry for me is the fitness of Booth as there's no natural replacement (would imagine it would have to be Brown) and he'll be up against arguably Hibs' most dangerous player in Boyle.

Middleton a fair shout to start, but I think Kane and May are our hardest working forwards, and with us having disrupted preparation, and Hibs likely to come at us early, I'd like us to be solid and play our way into the game.

0-0 half way through with Middleton, Melamed, O'Halloran, Bryson and Conway all available to bring on wouldn't be the worst thing.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

IMG_1182.thumb.JPG.c783adad17f59227302b51a037f9191a.JPG

I'm going for the above line up, though in truth I'm not overly fussed as Davidson has more than earned everyone's trust to do what he thinks best.

The big worry for me is the fitness of Booth as there's no natural replacement (would imagine it would have to be Brown) and he'll be up against arguably Hibs' most dangerous player in Boyle.

Middleton a fair shout to start, but I think Kane and May are our hardest working forwards, and with us having disrupted preparation, and Hibs likely to come at us early, I'd like us to be solid and play our way into the game.

0-0 half way through with Middleton, Melamed, O'Halloran, Bryson and Conway all available to bring on wouldn't be the worst thing.

I'd go for this. 

Middleton to be an impact sub!

I felt pretty confident and relaxed in the build-up to our two most recent finals. I'll be honest and say that I don't have that same feeling at the moment. I already have images in my head of Saints fans and the media proclaiming it to be a 'bittersweet ending' to a 'season which remains a fantastic one regardless'. I usually have a good sixth sense for things like this.

In short, I think we can win this but I simply don't believe that we will. A double seems implausible.

4 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Saw a tweet today suggesting Hendry is back and eligible?

I'd be reluctant to put him into the team having been away, but maybe better than having one of the youth team on the bench.

He played and scored for Aberdeen in their win v Dumbarton.