2021 Scottish Cup Final (Hibernian v St.Johnstone)

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The Government approved 600 fans literally one day before they said no fans were allowed at games.

The head knows not what the arse is producing.

Glasgow games 

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Glasgow games 

Well yeah, they approved 600 fans at a game in Glasgow, then said no fans were allowed at any game in Glasgow, while simultaneously saying that just a few weeks later there'll be 10k fans allowed at a game in Glasgow.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Surely in this day and age the game could easily be moved to Dunfermline or Falkirk with an Actual decent number of supporters?

Id even accept Easter Road as they have not beaten us there since 2011

it would need to be on grass, there should be no place for plastic pitches in the top level never mind a national final.

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

If we only get 600 tickets for a match at a 52,000-seater stadium, how many would get at Dunfermline or Falkirk?

It was to be a very small section 

Dumbarton are getting 500 in a 2000 stand next week.

3 hours ago, EH75 said:

"contingency plans" and 600 "spectators" mentioned in that first tweet. Ballot for key workers from the Glasgow area or some other such nonsense? 

The English did that for one of the FA Cup semi finals and I hope we never go down that road

The game is for fans, not people who were doing their job,

Edited by realmadrid

Just now, realmadrid said:

It was to be a very small section 

Dumbarton are getting 500 in a 2000 stand next week.

Oh I seeeee. Interesting.

My next question would be, wouldn’t the players prefer an empty Hampden over a small crowd at a smaller stadium? That was certainly Craig Bryson’s view when interviewed last week. 

Personally, I think I’d just leave it at Hampden now.

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

Oh I seeeee. Interesting.

My next question would be, wouldn’t the players prefer an empty Hampden over a small crowd at a smaller stadium? That was certainly Craig Bryson’s view when interviewed last week. 

Personally, I think I’d just leave it at Hampden now.

The players of both teams should be asked, not that I think anything will change now. 

Our fans were 100% behind the players families getting all our tickets so I am sure they would respect the fact that the players did want to win it at Hampden or play in Aberdeen with a small number of fans at the ground.

21 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

The players of both teams should be asked, not that I think anything will change now. 

Our fans were 100% behind the players families getting all our tickets so I am sure they would respect the fact that the players did want to win it at Hampden or play in Aberdeen with a small number of fans at the ground.

f**k, really?  i absolutely don't want either Hibs or St Johnstone lifting the cup at Pittodrie for my own seething reasons, but I'd much rather have a 1 in 10, 1 in 20 or whatever chance of getting to the game at a sub-optimal venue (Pittodrie/Tannadice, in this case) than a 0 in 10 chance of getting to the game at Hampden  "because the players want to play at Hampden".  They're pro footballers, they're getting paid, it's their job to play wherever their team is playing.  

Edited by resk

As TRS says, just leave it at Hampden now.  No more uncertainty and fucking about.  Too close to the match and for the sake of a few hundred each why bother?  

Cases of covid could well rise across the country this week and by Thursday we're not allowed to travel to Aberdeen or wherever and they'll have moved it for nothing.

9 hours ago, resk said:

f**k, really?  i absolutely don't want either Hibs or St Johnstone lifting the cup at Pittodrie for my own seething reasons, but I'd much rather have a 1 in 10, 1 in 20 or whatever chance of getting to the game at a sub-optimal venue (Pittodrie/Tannadice, in this case) than a 0 in 10 chance of getting to the game at Hampden  "because the players want to play at Hampden".  They're pro footballers, they're getting paid, it's their job to play wherever their team is playing.  

Its a once in a lifetime moment for most, if they'd rather play it in the National Stadium than an absolute shitehole like Pittodrie, then I can't blame them.

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Or 4 times a season if you’re a medal-laden St Johnstone player!

Even our mightiest heroes are unlikely to get another chance at winning a cup double. 

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Or 4 times a season if you’re a medal-laden St Johnstone player!

Aye was just thinking the same!  Anyway fair enough, I just find it hard to understand the attitude of "play it at Hampden where I definitely won't get a ticket, because players like playing at Hampden, instead of somewhere worse where I would have a slim chance of a ticket".   But maybe I'm just a c**t.  

5 minutes ago, resk said:

Aye was just thinking the same!  Anyway fair enough, I just find it hard to understand the attitude of "play it at Hampden where I definitely won't get a ticket, because players like playing at Hampden, instead of somewhere worse where I would have a slim chance of a ticket".   But maybe I'm just a c**t.  

It seems like the vast majority of fans, on both sides, have zero interest in going if theres only 300 fans from each side and its all socially distanced.

It would be utterly miserable to be sitting at Pittodrie on a Saturday lunchtime, with about 10 folk in the stand beside you, and you've been waiting on the game starting for about 3 hours.

Far better to invite folk around/book yourself into a pub/club and enjoy the match with a pint and folk around you creating an atmosphere.

10 hours ago, ropy said:

Set up goals either side of George Square, unlimited numbers will be able to see it, stand on the benches if you are struggling.

The Zombies broke all those, and are likely to wreck havoc again today.

Send in the dugs or water cannon the cnuts.

2A69B1C5-1AE1-4463-A2A7-956D9BB9AD5C.jpeg.8db4b388a47e27fb576680d29446a1f6.jpeg

6 hours ago, resk said:

To be fair in my part I should be there are part of the clubs media team (still to be confirmed) but all my mates last weekend got booked into pubs with tables our big outside venues where there will be a big atmosphere . Unless it's going to be 2000 plus for each club most of the fans I know had said they would not even enter the ballot for 300 and reckon they will have a better day in Perth.