2021 Scottish Cup Final (Hibernian v St.Johnstone)

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

We’re probably our own worst enemies (football fans).

Let’s be honest, a sizeable percentage (me included) of supporters turn up/ splash their money regardless of how they’re treated and that is well known by those who make decisions about the sport.  They can pretty much do what they like.

I don’t think it’ll ever change either.

We’ll all have a good moan, some might vent their anger on Twitter etc, but ultimately we’ll all be watching the final on tv and buying season tickets as soon as they’re on sale in the summer.

What the German fans did to get Monday Night games stopped was inspiring. Even 20% of that energy would go a long way.

53 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Why is it unsafe to have more than 600 at Hibs v St Johnstone on Saturday 22nd May (around 1% capacity) - but then safe to have 12,000+ at Scotland v Czech Republic just 23 days later on Monday 14th June (around 25% capacity)?

Why spaced 2m now and 1.5m then?

Indeed why not 1m like indoor hospitality/etc.?

51 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

The Scottish government despise working class football fans and, when it comes to this final, don't have UEFA whipping them into accepting a certain amount of spectators in the ground.

You can presumably eat or drink in Hampden hospitality while 1m apart indoors... then upon proceeding outdoors into the fresh air, that doubles to 2m, and across the stadium as a whole only 1 seat in every 85 can be occupied?

37 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The guy works in my local Morrison's deserves a ticket. 

If hes the guy that makes those fuckin ginormous Naan breads Morrisons sell, he can have all 300 😁

Edited by Leith Green

16 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Tell the Govt to shove it and play in an empty stadium.

Make them look stupid and send a message that they are just being ridiculous.

TBF most Saints fans on Twitter are telling the club to just hand the tickets to the players families and staff/family etc., would imagine there'll be one or two "true fans" absolutely outraged if they don't get a ticket, but they'll be the minority.

Not sure what Hibs fans are saying about it all.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF most Saints fans on Twitter are telling the club to just hand the tickets to the players families and staff/family etc., would imagine there'll be one or two "true fans" absolutely outraged if they don't get a ticket, but they'll be the minority.

Not sure what Hibs fans are saying about it all.

Hibs fans called into Clyde Sports show tonight saying exactly what you have said above.

Obvs there will be the odd radge that wants to go...............

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Hibs fans called into Clyde Sports show tonight saying exactly what you have said above.

Seems the fairest way tbh.

43 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I’ve seen people saying only the away season ticket holders should get them. Despite me being a away season ticket holder, i would rather just give them to the players and staff family and friends. 

If somehow they do decide to give the tickets to the away season ticket holders, i’ll be rejecting mines and handing it back as i would rather sit in the house with my family watching jt and celebrating with them if we win it. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

2 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

The SFA completely fucked this, let us not forget.

Correct. 

The sfa chose to f**k this. Their inaction (over many months) in genuinely seeking an alternate venue and engaging with the relevant government groups/committees, regarding fan attendance at the final, has been a joke. Daryl Broadfoot (part of the JRG and general sfa mouthpiece) claimed it was pointless even picking up the phone to have the conversation. 

Their contempt for supporters in general is writ large. They don't give a f**k. They are quite happy having the final of their competition at their ground and f**k a'body else. 

20 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

The most ridiculous thing is the lack of explanation.

I wonder if Stuart Cosgrove will give Jason Leitch more than the usual easy questions on OtB Saturday?

Well Stuart we just don't know, it's too early to say.

We know the studies are showing the vaccines are doing a great job, we know there is nobody dying, we know ITU beds are empty, we know we have jagged our most vulnerable in society bit its just not enough evidence for us, a bunch of politicos and 3rd rate advisors that wish to flex our muscles and genuinely detest football fans.

Now Stuart feel free to go a political rally with no distancing, or even come along with me to my church indoors.

Don't dare think of going into a pub though or heaven forbid a nightclub or play indoor sports.

We just don't know.

The decison is a disgrace by a  bunch of power hungry c***s that derive pleasure by being  control freaks and they seem to genuinely hate people enjoying themselves.

I feel sorry for fans of both clubs who are  missing out on a potentially great day.

Shocking governance.

11 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Don't dare think of going into a pub though

See the hoops we have all had to go through to make multiple consecutive table bookings for the final.............in order to get a pint to watch the match..............its unreal?

Then you find out there is no actual requirement for 2 hour slots, its only advisory.

Every c**t is in some pavlovian nightmare of time slots, distancing and masks, and the control freaks in charge are just loving it.

...............and breathe. 

Off for some afternoon beers with mates today (3 different outdoor venues, obviously 🙄) so mood may be better tomorrow.

16 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

We’re probably our own worst enemies (football fans).

Let’s be honest, a sizeable percentage (me included) of supporters turn up/ splash their money regardless of how they’re treated and that is well known by those who make decisions about the sport.  They can pretty much do what they like.

I don’t think it’ll ever change either.

We’ll all have a good moan, some might vent their anger on Twitter etc, but ultimately we’ll all be watching the final on tv and buying season tickets as soon as they’re on sale in the summer.

Absolutely correct btw.

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Only 240 tickets available to Hibs fans and all season ticket holders will be in a ballot. 

:lol: 

You can have mine if I win it, I will be pished in the pub