Get it right up ye to the following people

Special mention for my very own father, who's currently frothing about "that woman" dragging Scotland out of the UK, where it will collapse without all of England's financial support. Actually wishing himself dead before independence so he doesn't have to see it happen.

The man hasn't lived in Scotland in about fifty years. Seems to be a common theme with people who soil themselves over Scottish self-determination.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:
The correct attitude. Tories are my red line.

Fair. To my knowledge I haven't had any Tory exes. I also binned a girl for being a Rangers fan. I know, I know.

Genuinely curious as to how that conversation went  :lol:

Did she tell you that she was a Teddy Bear, or was it the casual references to Papists and ******s that gave the game away?

14 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:
The correct attitude. Tories are my red line.

Fair. To my knowledge I haven't had any Tory exes. I also binned a girl for being a Rangers fan. I know, I know.

MY wifes family are reasonably staunch and it does kind of sicken me a bit. Folk who don't go to football making football teams a big part of their lives have a serious want about them. 

44 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Special mention for my very own father, who's currently frothing about "that woman" dragging Scotland out of the UK, where it will collapse without all of England's financial support. Actually wishing himself dead before independence so he doesn't have to see it happen.

The man hasn't lived in Scotland in about fifty years. Seems to be a common theme with people who soil themselves over Scottish self-determination.

Aye, the attitude of exiles in an interesting one.  In my own family situation there are two relatives, both long based in Southern England,  who are never done banging on about THAT woman and the living Hell that will be Scotland should she succeed in dragging us out of the Union.  I took so much of it and then politely suggested that they effectively read a bit more than the Daily Express or Daily Mail or basically shut the f**k up.  It seems to have worked but I worry that I'm contributing to all this division I'm forever hearing about 😕 

Just now, sfha said:

I can't be arsed looking back but did she get gubbed?

Yes, she got hosed by Oliver Mundell in Dumfriesshire. As the SNP won two constituencies in the South region they lost two on the list, and she was ranked second.

They also lost Paul Wheelhouse, which is a shame.

11 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Yes, she got hosed by Oliver Mundell in Dumfriesshire. As the SNP won two constituencies in the South region they lost two on the list, and she was ranked second.

They also lost Paul Wheelhouse, which is a shame.

All gobbledegook to me. Sorry.

Edited by sfha

11 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Aye, the attitude of exiles in an interesting one.  In my own family situation there are two relatives, both long based in Southern England,  who are never done banging on about THAT woman and the living Hell that will be Scotland should she succeed in dragging us out of the Union.  I took so much of it and then politely suggested that they effectively read a bit more than the Daily Express or Daily Mail or basically shut the f**k up.  It seems to have worked but I worry that I'm contributing to all this division I'm forever hearing about 😕 

I've spent years keeping the peace on this issue, but found myself casually batting away some of the dafter "arguments" without realising it, which depressingly do seem to amount to the "too wee, too poor, too stupid" stereotypes. Surprisingly annoyed with how every complaint seemed to start with "that woman wants to do <x>", so eventually snapped and pointed out that he thought Alec Salmond had Scotland mesmerised until Sturgeon took over, that we've been voting for pro-independence parties for a decade now, and fantasising about it being due to some Svengali figure corrupting our primitive minds is frankly embarrassing behaviour from a grown adult.

It didn't go down well. Like yourself, I've clearly made a mistake by defending my divisive opinions and should have just meekly listened to my country and its people being run down by someone whose knowledge of us comes from the pages of the Daily Mail. But at least I shouldn't have to listen to that pish for a while again; we'll be back to the big Muslim/Indian/Chinese conspiracy against Great Britain soon enough  :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Transphobe, plagiarist, hypocrite, bully, shit-stirrer and ham author

4487.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Has JK Rowling ever had a stroke? I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her where she wasn't sneering.

Just occurred to me that it might be due to a medical condition, rather than general contempt for the human race.

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

Nearly the same length of time as I haven't lived in Scotland. (The rest of your post doesn't apply to me, though.)

37 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Nearly the same length of time as I haven't lived in Scotland. (The rest of your post doesn't apply to me, though.)

I hear you have different constitutional issues to get angry about  :P