Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC & Dundee FC vs Raith Rovers

23 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

You tell me. Dundee will have at least 5 changes to the starting 11 from that game and a vastly improved bench to call upon as well. 

Tbh my only fear is McPake and his tactical decisions around the 70th minute mark. The 2 games at Dens were very comfortable until he decided to see out the games by sitting in with 20 minutes to go. Time will tell I suppose. 

I’m hoping he’s actually learnt from all his silly mistakes now...but you never know with him. 

16 minutes ago, Girth said:

I’m hoping he’s actually learnt from all his silly mistakes now...but you never know with him. 

Surely tae f**k he’s realised by now our best form of defence is attacking and we’ve looked pretty comfortable in the games over the last 2 months doing this. 

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

IIRC Dundee posters wanted McPake burned at the stake after that game!

Ultimately the league table doesn't lie and Dundee were better than us over 27 games and are favourites to progress. I just think it's slightly defeatist to use language such as "a free hit" which gives the impression than we have no chance against a team that we only finished 2 points behind in the league.

Well yeah, but that's what happens after most games tbh.

And I agree, I'm personally not understanding that attitude either, but I hope they're right.

3 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Dundee's confidence is giving me confidence....

If you can't see that it's a faux sense of confidence then I worry for you.

Pretty much same as the Pars games with little to separate the teams over the season. 1-1, 3-1, 2-1 should be an interesting match up. With Dundee being slight favourites and having rested their team this week we’ll need a bit of luck with injuries in getting a strong team out for Wednesday as I think we’ll really need to win at Starks if we want to get through this one.

McGlynn isint daft. He said after Tuesday night that he’d sleep well after the result. After last night he said again that we were just “happy to be here” All this to the media/the fans suggests that there isint any pressure on us. But I doubt very much he’ll be saying that to the players. He’ll want to win. And will set up a game plan to do just that. Wether is comes off, we’ll just have to wait and see...

3 hours ago, Yenitit said:

You tell me. Dundee will have at least 5 changes to the starting 11 from that game and a vastly improved bench to call upon as well. 

Tbh my only fear is McPake and his tactical decisions around the 70th minute mark. The 2 games at Dens were very comfortable until he decided to see out the games by sitting in with 20 minutes to go. Time will tell I suppose. 

We were in a formation we don’t usually prefer, Hendry was out and we had the unusual Davo for Bene sub during the match due to injury. It also featured a vanishing Duku replacing the invisible Abraham at CF and no Matthews. We’ll comfortably have four or five changes too, including starting our best player plus a possible scoring threat.

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

We were in a formation we don’t usually prefer, Hendry was out and we had the unusual Davo for Bene sub during the match due to injury. It also featured a vanishing Duku replacing the invisible Abraham at CF and no Matthews. We’ll comfortably have four or five changes too, including starting our best player plus a possible scoring threat.

🤷🏼‍♂️

Ohh ye fucker [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

See this attitude all the time. Absolutely f**k all wrong with young folk backing their side. Saw loads of it on twitter after AVFTT did the piece with the young Dumbarton fans. Young guys passionate about their football team. Plenty to get behind there imo.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

See this attitude all the time. Absolutely f**k all wrong with young folk backing their side. Saw loads of it on twitter after AVFTT did the piece with the young Dumbarton fans. Young guys passionate about their football team. Plenty to get behind there imo.

Each to there own. I’d die a little inside if our lot did that. Cringeworthy is the best I could say

Each to there own. I’d die a little inside if our lot did that. Cringeworthy is the best I could say

Going along for 90 minutes every second Saturday isn’t enough to engage the majority of young kids now. Things like that help them feel like they are part of something and is something them and their pals can identify with, which grows a strong bond between them and the club and solidifies their support for a lifetime. Don’t look down on folk for it, embrace it!

34 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Ah well. Probably need to settle for some embarrassing messages on a bedsheet now instead.