Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC & Dundee FC vs Raith Rovers

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

0-3 is as good a result as one can get, but will I still be shitting it for 90 minutes on Saturday? Absofuckinglutely.

You shouldn't be. Seriously. Short of some kind of early freak goal and a super long ranger inside of 20 minutes we won't have the sustained pressure or ability to get back into it.

1 minute ago, renton said:

The tie is long since done.

I mind a game at Dens earlier in the season where Dundee were 3-0 up against the Pars with 10 mins left and it finished 3-3.  Yous have 90.  😉

Just now, renton said:

You shouldn't be. Seriously. Short of some kind of early freak goal and a super long ranger inside of 20 minutes we won't have the sustained pressure or ability to get back into it.

As I say, we've fucked a 3 goal lead at Dens against a poorer team in Dunfermline this season. If you start the game with initiative, then you never know.

It's a massive uphill battle for you but I've supported Dundee too long to know that it'll be an easy night on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Let's see what next season brings ;) 

When we finished 3rd, we never going up. only target was don’t lose to the Pars in the play-offs. Job done. Hopefully crowds in next season and a couple of trips to the Elizabethan 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The bitterness from this post is palpable.

No bitterness. Genuinely hope you do well in the final and if you do then all the best for the top league. I just have some doubts that you will get through against Killie or Ross County. You'd have a better chance against County to be honest.

2 minutes ago, embow said:

No bitterness. Genuinely hope you do well in the final and if you do then all the best for the top league. I just have some doubts that you will get through against Killie or Ross County. You'd have a better chance against County to be honest.

With Adam in their side, Dundee will every opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, embow said:

Did Inverness not pap Ross County out the cup with absolute ease?

I don't fancy Killie and Kyle Lafferty tbh but to rule us out already is a bit bizarre.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

I mind a game at Dens earlier in the season where Dundee were 3-0 up against the Pars with 10 mins left and it finished 3-3.  Yous have 90.  😉

Play offs - particularly if starting from third or fourth have to be a squad effort and I've said before, we've got a really decent first 11, but the quality of the squad isn't there, particularly up front or at CB: No Masonda at the back tonight and McKay out the whole season left us relying on (again) Iain Davidson who was never faultless at his peak.

Meanwhile, up top we've only barely had Vaughan fit for maybe a half dozen games. The rest of the striker quality is highly variable. Ugwu, despite no pre season looks passable, Duku, after a good start faded quickly to nothing and Abraham doesn't count as a footballer. 

We did well over a season. Would be a hilariously bad collapse from Dundee to let us back in it. 

Had a perfectly good goal not been dissallowed by sheer incompetence from an arse of a linesman , it may have been a totally different game, 

Wish you Dundee guys all the best for the final though, after all your yapping about Mcpake hes at least got you there😆 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did Inverness not pap Ross County out the cup with absolute ease?

I don't fancy Killie and Kyle Lafferty tbh but to rule us out already is a bit bizarre.

If you get County you should stroll it. Killie with Lafferty, and even Kiltie would be a much tougher test - particularly with Wright managing them. Would expect a high degree of organisation which might limit Adam more than our naive efforts tonight.

If anyone is curious what would have happened if the Raith goal was allowed, it would have ended 3-1 instead of 3-0. You're welcome.
If anyone is curious, Crawford has just outed himself as someone who doesn't understand football, and the impact goals can have.

You're welcome.