Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC & Dundee FC vs Raith Rovers

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Considering the number of goals that have been ripped away from us for no good reason... f**k it, I'll take that. Need to learn from this in the 2nd half, Christie fuckin Elliott man...

If he gets (deservedly) dragged off - what’s the change? 

One of the worst offside decisions i have ever seen [emoji23]
Hendry is a good player, hope we are looking at him.
It isn't the assistant referee's fault despite the whining from some people.

Watching it again you can see why he flagged - I think he had it up before the ball even reached the striker because he is looking across the line and sees the other Raith player offside.

He's that far away that he is not in the position to judge if the player is active or passive - perhaps the referee should have spoken to him?

7 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

"The linesman won't want to watch that again" the linesman doesn't have to because Officials never face any consequences for dreadful decisions like that 

Exactly. 

Not like this is a game that matters or anything like that. 

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It isn't the assistant referee's fault despite the whining from some people.

Watching it again you can see why he flagged - I think he had it up before the ball even reached the striker because he is looking across the line and sees the other Raith player offside.

He's that far away that he is not in the position to judge if the player is active or passive - perhaps the referee should have spoken to him?

He's as "far away" as every linesman has ever been from every single offside call in a six yard box in the history of the game. It's a horrendous call. 

He's as "far away" as every linesman has ever been from every single offside call in a six yard box in the history of the game. It's a horrendous call. 
I think the referee could and should have stepped in.

The assistant can see if players are in an onside or offside position - no-one has denied the other Raith player was not in an offside position.

From there I don't believe he can judge if the Raith player is active or passive - the referee just needed to speak to him to confirm who he was flagging and to tell him the player wasn't active. He did not appear to do that.

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

It's not happening for us. Just no way. This Rovers side is lovely to watch, but they don't score enough goals to overcome having perfectly good ones stripped away. 

Still have the second half. We were 1-0 down to Dundee earlier in the season and won 3-1 believe 

I’m not even sure Gullan is offside. The player on the near side who tried to block the cross might just have played him on.

Not that it matters. It’s a perfectly valid goal, doesn’t matter whether the ref or the lino gets it right but someone has to.

Exactly the same situation at Dens a few weeks ago. Hendry gets a one-on-one, chopped down, should be a penalty and red card but Gullan flagged offside despite being nowhere near the play.

12 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

"The linesman won't want to watch that again" the linesman doesn't have to because Officials never face any consequences for dreadful decisions like that 

This.

Same old shite recycled officials, get them in the bin.