Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC & Dundee FC vs Raith Rovers

Guest Wieghortsnut
5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I haven't seen that particular item on their menu, what does it consist of? 

Deep fried uncle/dad with some oil under the finger nails

Rovers need to beat Dundee then whoever . 
That is indeed what is required if they are to be promoted. On the other hand, Dundee need to beat Rovers then whoever.
You're both crazy. There's no way that could work. Defies logic surely.

2 hours ago, JAR said:

Rovers need to beat Dundee then whoever . 

I suspect whomever would be correct, irregardless...

The presence of whoever or whomever indicates a dependent clause. Use whoever or whomever to agree with the verb in that dependent clause, regardless of the rest of the sentence. When the entire whoever/whomever clause is the subject of the verb that follows the clause, look inside the clause to determine whether to use whoever or whomever.

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I suspect whomever would be correct, irregardless...

The presence of whoever or whomever indicates a dependent clause. Use whoever or whomever to agree with the verb in that dependent clause, regardless of the rest of the sentence. When the entire whoever/whomever clause is the subject of the verb that follows the clause, look inside the clause to determine whether to use whoever or whomever.

See the source image

If we can’t defeat a team containing Davidson and Benedictus, then we quite simply don’t deserve to be going up. 

Thankfully, we seem to have hit some sort of form at the right time. 

Dundee to win by at least three clear goals over the two legs. 

If we can’t defeat a team containing Davidson and Benedictus, then we quite simply don’t deserve to be going up. 
Thankfully, we seem to have hit some sort of form at the right time. 
Dundee to win by at least three clear goals over the two legs. 
It surely goes without saying that if you can't beat a team that you face in the playoffs that contain those players, you don't deserve to go up?

Fully expect Dundee to progress from this round and couldn't care less beyond the potential financial benefit of playing in the top league. Who really wants to play in a league where finishing in the top half is the best you can ever hope for? At least in the championship there's the glamour of chasing a league title, such as it is.

I'm probably missing something obvious here but we beat Dundee fairly easiliy at Stark's earlier in the season, and drew and only lost by one at Dens? Shouldn't we be slightly more confident of going through to the final?

4 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I'm probably missing something obvious here but we beat Dundee fairly easiliy at Stark's earlier in the season, and drew and only lost by one at Dens? Shouldn't we be slightly more confident of going through to the final?

No.