Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC & Dundee FC vs Raith Rovers

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I had typed out a less than complimentary reply to this, but I’ve deleted it because I don’t think any players deserve a bashing after the season we’ve had. They’ve all contributed in their own way, albeit with a wide range of effectiveness. 

Just a quick word for Regan Hendry, as I’ve heard that he is 100% off. What an absolute delight he has been to watch over the last two years. Definitely in the conversation for the best player I’ve seen play for us. Technically fantastic, calm and collected on the ball at all times. An absolute joy to watch. 

Just now, roverthemoon said:

He was suffering from long COVID. He or the club are never going to say anything different. But all irrelevant now.

Fair enough. Deleted it as you rightly say. Now isn't the time or place. 

3 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

Dundee were nervous and panicky, they could have comfortably soaked up desperate Raith attacks and hit on the counter with a bit of composure. Instead players hid, made bad decisions and constantly gave away the ball with bad passes. It was a nervous performance and a repeat will see Dundee scudded in the final.

Of course, we were up against a team with nothing to be nervous about, the pressure was all on us, and we saw it through. Whoever we come up against have the massive pressure of potentially coming down, so both teams will be feeling that stress, and it could well all rest on what happens at Dens on Thursday.

7 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

adam had to come off or we'd have played the last 15 with 10 men.

Agreed, I posted virtually that at half time tonight asking what was McPake's plan B, as if any actually existed.

Clearly none unfortunately.

More questions again than answers after tonight I'm afraid.

Well done in progressing to the final however.

Like many others, ive seen various league wins, two cup wins, and experienced many highs and lows following the rovers. But this has to be the team I've been the most proud of.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

To be fair 2 is no many emoji23.png

That's only recently. In a shortened season. One of those teams only won 6 games all season. 

I understand McGlynn trying to talk it up but it just feels like he's been a bit daft with that comment. 

16 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Well done Mendy. I doubted you, but you delivered 

One swallow (game) doth not a  summer make. He didn't have much pressure on him. Even then, there were a few times he mis-kicked or was short with a pass or over hit his long ball pass by quite a bit. Still very raw and might still make it but maybe not with us.

3 minutes ago, embow said:

One swallow (game) doth not a  summer make. He didn't have much pressure on him. Even then, there were a few times he mis-kicked or was short with a pass or over hit his long ball pass by quite a bit. Still very raw and might still make it but maybe not with us.

Agree, but I’ve been very critical in the past. Today he coped well. 

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

If it’s Ross County...fucking hump them  

From a spectator point of view I'd much rather games against Dundee next season than Killie or Ross County but yeah, John Hughes. If it is Ross County, mon the Dees. 

2 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

For me swapping Hearts and Dundee for Ross County and Hamilton is magnificent so come on Kilmarnock and Dundee

Keep that squad you have and you really should be looking at automatic promotion next year.