Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC & Dundee FC vs Raith Rovers

James McPake shaking his head after a verbal exchange with Charlie Adam on the bench there near the end.

What a laugh my man McPake, accept your place in the real football world.

Good lad no doubt James McPake, still clueless so far in what is now your second season at your craft however.

Thank you and regards.

6 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

He was suffering from long Covid. Get a grip mate 

Yet he was on twitter saying he was fine and everything from the club suggests the same. He showed absolutely nothing from January onwards to suggest that he was anything more than a bit part player who had a good run of form at the start of the season. Not that it matters. He'll be away in the summer, likely back down South I'd expect. 

3 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

James McPake shaking his head after a verbal exchange with Charlie Adam on the bench there near the end.

What a laugh my man McPake, accept your place in the real football world.

Good lad no doubt James McPake, still clueless so far in what is now your second season at your craft however.

Thank you and regards.

adam had to come off or we'd have played the last 15 with 10 men.

13 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I genuinely believe that having such a big lead from the first leg did us no favours - think we just switched off in that first half.

Probably goes without saying from your perspective that might've been deemed "hard work" to watch , but I thought the set up chosen was the right one. There was no need to take risks tonight and Dundee did what they needed to, even if an earlyish goal was conceded. 

We didn't offer enough going foreword to seriously trouble Dundee. 

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

One team went in with nothing to lose tonight and just aimed to attack, attack, attack. The other had a lot to potentially lose and needed to deal with a wild card. We won the battle.

The next two games are a complete reset, and this attitude is silly imo.

Dundee were nervous and panicky, they could have comfortably soaked up desperate Raith attacks and hit on the counter with a bit of composure. Instead players hid, made bad decisions and constantly gave away the ball with bad passes. It was a nervous performance and a repeat will see Dundee scudded in the final.

Leaving aside that purple patch (and it was clearly a purple patch) from Manny Duku right at the start, we haven't had a number 9 of any quality all season. We've gotten away with it in large part because of the way we play, although it's been apparent in other games where we've struggled to come up with a Plan B. 

Tonight, when Plan A was to go long and get the ball into the box, it was always going to take a miracle. At times it looked like it might. Had Dundee gone down to ten men, and Adam had two clear "you've seen them given" offences after his yellow, we might had more space and more pressure, but it was always a massive uphill task. 

Ultimately though, (bedwetters aside) it's impossible to be too disappointed with that. This Rovers side have come up from League One and put on a barnstorming Championship season, playing the best brand of football in the division. It's a tremendous platform for next season. 

Bill Clark spoke at half time about putting more money into this team. If they can retain the core, and replace a couple of the "gamble" signings with more known quantities, who knows what next season might bring? 

17 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Heids gone after January. Purely speculation but I think we've rejected a bid in January, he chucked it and subsequently everyone realised he's not actually that good. 

I had typed out a less than complimentary reply to this, but I’ve deleted it because I don’t think any players deserve a bashing after the season we’ve had. They’ve all contributed in their own way, albeit with a wide range of effectiveness. 

Just a quick word for Regan Hendry, as I’ve heard that he is 100% off. What an absolute delight he has been to watch over the last two years. Definitely in the conversation for the best player I’ve seen play for us. Technically fantastic, calm and collected on the ball at all times. An absolute joy to watch. 

Probably goes without saying from your perspective that might've been deemed "hard work" to watch , but I thought the set up chosen was the right one. There was no need to take risks tonight and Dundee did what they needed to, even if an earlyish goal was conceded. 
We didn't offer enough going foreword to seriously trouble Dundee. 
I thought that second half we looked very comfortable - I wasn't happy with the Sow substitution at the time but I thought he made a real pest of himself - shame he was too greedy on that breakaway.

Best of luck to Dundee in the finals. While we won tonight, their game management was excellent - especially after Armstrong went off. Creatively, we looked a bit more like ourselves this evening. Hendry had a quiet night but Armstrong returning added some natural width. Defensively, Mendy and Benedictus handled everything thrown at them. It wouldn't surprise me to see Dundee get promotion. 

Can't stress how proud I am of the players and management for this season. Hopefully it's an opportunity for us to pull the club up and become a regular in the playoffs.  With ten games to go I had a slight fear we'd run out of steam and a club like Caley or Queen of the South might sneak in and replace us in the top four. To take a Dundee team with a huge budget to the final day, and to get to the semi finals of the playoffs in our first season back is tremendous. The last time we reached the playoffs for the top flight, McKinnon was pretty much out the door to go to the Arabs at full time. This season we've got a management duo who love the club and a group of players who seem a real tight unit who are enjoying themselves. 

We've rightfully had a lot of playoffs for our style of play. I'd be hopeful that we can attract better players with the passing style rather than being a kick and rush team. 

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Yet he was on twitter saying he was fine and everything from the club suggests the same. He showed absolutely nothing from January onwards to suggest that he was anything more than a bit part player who had a good run of form at the start of the season. Not that it matters. He'll be away in the summer, likely back down South I'd expect. 

He was suffering from long COVID. He or the club are never going to say anything different. But all irrelevant now.