Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC & Dundee FC vs Raith Rovers

This is grasping at straws but after a bit of research I’m hoping history will repeat itself from nearly 100 years ago. In that scenario  the Rovers were beaten 3-0 by Dundee at Starks Park (28/10/22) but won the corresponding fixture 4-0 at Dens later in the season (02/12/22). 

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

This is grasping at straws but after a bit of research I’m hoping history will repeat itself from nearly 100 years ago. In that scenario  the Rovers were beaten 3-0 by Dundee at Starks Park (28/10/22) but won the corresponding fixture 4-0 at Dens later in the season (02/12/22). 

Written in the stars then. Let’s do this 

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

Wonder if you'll play a 2-3-5 like that Rovers team probably did.

16 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Whatever happens, it's a chance to watch the Rovers one more time, sit with a couple of beers and toast a fine season. 

This is what I’ll be doing. No pressure whatsoever. Zero expectation.  Just going to enjoy regardless of what happens. Feels strange to be totally relaxed for a play off game. 

Edited by roverthemoon

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Ah the 'Just happy to be here' shouts from Raith fans, that will boil over to seething rage once they go 2-0 down after 20 mins.

If Mendy is in defence then Dundee goals are inevitable. There will only be shouting  if we go 2-0 up. 

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

On a side note, is there anything as depressing as seeing a Rovers player tweeting about Glasgow being red, white and blue on the day of a play off. FTOF

I have to say, I don't mind this from players (apart from the fact he is a Rangers fan). They are all fans of teams too, and we would all be the same if any of us were players. Would you have an issue with a footballer, who was a Rovers fan wishing them luck in the play offs whilst playing for another club?

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I have to say, I don't mind this from players (apart from the fact he is a Rangers fan). They are all fans of teams too, and we would all be the same if any of us were players. Would you have an issue with a footballer, who was a Rovers fan wishing them luck in the play offs whilst playing for another club?

I wouldn’t but the supporters of the other club should, especially if it’s on a day of their game. It’s only Old Firm supporting players I’ve seen doing this which obviously makes it much worse. The worst I ever saw was Celtic supporting Ryan Conroy complaining about cup final ticket allocation slagging off ‘diddy clubs’ getting equal tickets when it was a diddy club (us) paying his wages.

Just now, roverthemoon said:

I wouldn’t but the supporters of the other club should, especially if it’s on a day of their game. It’s only Old Firm supporting players I’ve seen doing this which obviously makes it much worse. The worst I ever saw was Celtic supporting Ryan Conroy complaining about cup final ticket allocation slagging off ‘diddy clubs’ getting equal tickets when it was a diddy club (us) paying his wages.

We had to put up with Darren O'Dea trying to sook the Celtic boaby on Twitter on the daily whilst he was captain tbf.

29 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Ah the 'Just happy to be here' shouts from Raith fans, that will boil over to seething rage once they go 2-0 down after 20 mins.

It won't even take that. First 50/50 throw in decision that goes against them and it'll be the referee, the SFA and The Met out to get Raith. 

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

No fucking about from McPake. Only change is Anderson in midfield for Fontaine and McGhee taking up Fontaine's position at CH.

1 winger, 4 strikers and 1 Defender on the bench, kind of limits us, apart from a ba's oot if required.