Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC & Dundee FC vs Raith Rovers

Maybe lino Mulvanny is fed up being the butt of Kirkcaldy jokes - being a lino - and dislikes Raith as a result. 🤔

The only possible defence is that he's looked along the line and seen a blue shirt goal side of the white ones. As the white shirts retreat, the line of players straightens and sort of merges into one from his angle. He loses sight of individual players. That happens sometimes. Nothing he can do about it. Blue shirt tucks the ball away and Mulvanny assumes it was the same player who was beyond the last white shirt when the ball was played. He's mixed up two players. Still a shocking decision.

I've done a few spying / scouting gigs. Pitch up midweek at a big old ground with a disused athletics, greyhound or speedway track and poor floodlights. Buggers run out in striped shirts with small numbers ironed straight on to the stripes. Every one of them white, between 5' 10" and 6' 1", with a crew cut. I want to see some giants, midgets, black guys, mixed race guys, gingers, peroxide blonds, mullets and McGlynn "hair" styles. Diversity, man! It's progressive and it's the way forward.

Have to commend McGlynn on his post match interview. The man is a gent.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rooney and McCart are already being watched by the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs, and some English sides.

Standard for ex-The Caley players really.  A club which is a great springboard for players.

Rooney and McCart are already being watched by the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs, and some English sides.

In the last 3/4 of years we’ve had Kamara to Rangers, Hendry and Bain to Celtic, Boyle to Hibs, Caulker to Alanyaspor, 5 years ago Greg Stewart to Birmingham. Others I’ve no doubt forgotten.
He’d be better walking over the Dark Blue bridge IMO.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

A few years ago, the fife flyers (ice hockey) lost 4-1 at home against Manchester in the play off quarter finals. They looked to be dead and buried, but came back to tie it up and win in overtime in Manchester. Yes, 2 different sports, but surely the rovers could take some inspiration from that???

Would it not just be easier to look at Dunfermline who were 3 down with 15 minutes to go and ended up leaving Dens with a point? 

If you match that 15 minute performance you would win the tie 18-3.

Saves a bit of effort trying to explain why the fucking hell you're talking about hockey. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

If it stayed 2-0, we could go into the game on Saturday with the mindsight of keeping tight and trying to nick a goal in the first 70 mins - then see what happens.  Unlikely, but still half a sniff of a shout.

As it transpires, we would have to go ridiculously offensive to get a couple of early goals - and even in the unlikely event we do that, we wouldn't be able to keep Dundee out.

The tie, unfortunately for us, is over.  

Yep. 

We have to go out and chuck everything at it. The trouble is that in doing so you leave yourself exposed at the back. And we all know how that will end. 

It's a free hit. 4-3-3, Ugwu up front with Gullan and Vaughan and just go for it. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, philpy said:

A few years ago, the fife flyers (ice hockey) lost 4-1 at home against Manchester in the play off quarter finals. They looked to be dead and buried, but came back to tie it up and win in overtime in Manchester. Yes, 2 different sports, but surely the rovers could take some inspiration from that???

No one takes inspiration from Ice Hockey. It's shite.

2 hours ago, philpy said:

One thing I can appreciate Kirkcaldy for is its embrace of the great sport of ice hockey (not this heathen in post above though however), but goals are naturally easier to come by, and I doubt John McGlynn is really a fan or even aware of that.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

No one takes inspiration from Ice Hockey. It's shite.

Don’t know about that, attending Dallas Stars NHL games in the 90’s was a lot like attending Scottish fitba. Lots of tall, leggy blondes, in small black dresses and stilettos, wandering aimlessly around and pretending to be watching and understanding the game...I mean, that’s what I remember about Stark’s Park, and I’m sure Dens is the same, right? Certainly, with the fights, Davo would fit in too!

12 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

It'd be doing everyone a great service if "Gowser" had to wear a helmet at all times. 

It does feel like he needs to be sat down with an intervention by his family and friends.

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Just watched highlights. Poor from Davidson in build up to 2nd goal, and who knows where on earth Benedictus was for the third. 

Agree but you  could also apportion some of the blame on McDonald for the 1st

It'd be great to see us go gung-ho. 

Gullan, Ugwu and Duku up front with Vaughan playing just behind them. 

Shoot on sight, win 4-0, relegate Ross County in the final, toon full of steaming folk and McGlynn statue erected. 

Edited by Ebanda's Handyman Services

3 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

It'd be great to see us go gung-ho. 

Gullan, Ugwu and Duku up front with Vaughan playing just behind them. 

Shoot on site, win 4-0, relegate Ross County in the final, toon full of steaming folk and McGlynn statue erected. 

185775123_633749730862724_212929555064323908_n.jpg

Watched the highlights, since the game viewing was on a phone, hiding away from the boss, and have to say:

1) Charlie Adam is a filthy, disgustingly magnificent player. The vision and accuracy of his passing is exactly what I could see Hendry developing into in another 10 years. The loft on the first goal, the position he drops it into, is just perfect...on the second goal his pass splits the defense wide open and is perfectly weighted to allow it to be run onto...and his third pass is spotted with a negligent sweep with his eyes and then a freaking laser of a pass delivered perfectly.

2) If those officials don’t have the balls to look at that video for the disallowed goal and admit they got it wrong...

3) We were in the game until pushing for the equalizer allowed the second goal, after that point we simply continued pushing too hard to try to catch up, and completely lost the game.

20 minutes ago, kev23 said:

Ugwu, Abraham, Duku with Vaughan in behind. If we are going out, I’d rather we did it in most chaotic way possible.

Sounds like...

Bow

Mendy/Cooney

Matthews/King/Hendry

Armstrong/Gullan/Abraham/Vaughan/Kennedy

Chaotic enough?