Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC & Dundee FC vs Raith Rovers

If County come down we can all forget about winning the league next season. MacGregor will make sure they win it like he did in 2019.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kane Hemmings have both turned St Johnstone down whilst we've been in the lower division

Doesn't matter how many times you repeat it, it doesn't make it true. Hemmings was never offered anything by Saints, he was sounded out for a loan deal, along with another couple of strikers including Jason Cummings, after the May deal fell through, and it was never followed up on when May came back for more talks.

9 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Reckon he'd do quite well at Aberdeen. Nowhere near good enough for Hibs and he'd just be a waste of a Jersey at Livi or St Johnstone. 

I'd guess this a go at calling us a hoofball side, which just isn't true anymore. We're nowhere near the "bottom" of the league in terms of long balls, and Bryson/McCann are both playing more passes per game this season than last.

As a bridge between the Championship and the big top flight clubs/England, Saints a pretty good bet. Established in the top flight, potentially Europe next season, big bonuses headed your way most seasons, and a manager who's improved almost every player so far. He'll just have to look at someone like McCart who's moved up at a similar age and is now being stalked by English sides weekly.

‘We may as well have a go’ says McGlynn about Saturday night.  I can feel a Scotland v Holland 1978  style comeback coming on. We’ll go 2-0 up and the dream will be on only for Charlie Adam to pick us apart again.

I don’t really. Suspect the game will be a total non-event. My money is on 1-0 Dundee. 

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd guess this a go at calling us a hoofball side, which just isn't true anymore. We're nowhere near the "bottom" of the league in terms of long balls, and Bryson/McCann are both playing more passes per game this season than last.

Nobody said this. Stop being so fucking paranoid paragraph Petey.

10 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

‘We may as well have a go’ says McGlynn about Saturday night.  I can feel a Scotland v Holland 1978  style comeback coming on. We’ll go 2-0 up and the dream will be on only for Charlie Adam to pick us apart again.

I don’t really. Suspect the game will be a total non-event. My money is on 1-0 Dundee. 

It would be nice if we could at least avoid defeat up at Dens, even if it is a dull 0-0.

I'll watch it anyway, not because I think we have any chance of a comeback but it'll no doubt be the last chance we get to see at least a couple of them in a Rovers shirt.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It would be nice if we could at least avoid defeat up at Dens, even if it is a dull 0-0.

I'll watch it anyway, not because I think we have any chance of a comeback but it'll no doubt be the last chance we get to see at least a couple of them in a Rovers shirt.

Yes, going to have a bit of a sad feel to it I suspect. Has been a great season, a real shame we haven’t got to see this team in person. 

As a bridge between the Championship and the big top flight clubs/England, Saints a pretty good bet. Established in the top flight, potentially Europe next season, big bonuses headed your way most seasons, and a manager who's improved almost every player so far. He'll just have to look at someone like McCart who's moved up at a similar age and is now being stalked by English sides weekly.

A bridge that has been walked by literally nobody.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Doesn't matter how many times you repeat it, it doesn't make it true. Hemmings was never offered anything by Saints, he was sounded out for a loan deal, along with another couple of strikers including Jason Cummings, after the May deal fell through, and it was never followed up on when May came back for more talks.

Stop making things up.

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Nobody said this. Stop being so fucking paranoid paragraph Petey.

I'm sure you've lumped us in with Livingston for some other reason?

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

A bridge that has been walked by literally nobody.

Rooney and McCart are already being watched by the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs, and some English sides.

7 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Yes, going to have a bit of a sad feel to it I suspect. Has been a great season, a real shame we haven’t got to see this team in person. 

Yeah. As much as anything else it would have been great to get into the final because at least some of us would have got the chance to attend a match and show some appreciation for the season we've had.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

As an a side, the BBC iPlayer is utter shite.

Wanted to watch Sportscene to see how the Prem teams get on but the app on my firestick just gives me the English BBC's, and when I search Sportscene it's just old episodes rather than anything 'live'.

I've got the option of Killie on Alba but wanted the highlights. That combined with the utter shiteness of their 2 minute delay 9n live TV really boils my piss.

f**k IPlayer.

Just go onto bbc.co.uk/football and a link for Sportscene as well as the games live on BBC appear in the main stories before kick off.

Bang it on your laptop and sues your uncle.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Despite what Michael Stewart had to say during commentary last night, I would be tempted to rest Charlie on Saturday. 

Presuming Fontaine is out, I would start with:

Legzdins; Kerr, Ashcroft, McGhee, Marshall; McGowan, Byrne, Anderson; McMullan, Cummings, Mullen.

Subs: Sow, Ferrie, Elliot, Adam, McDaid, Jakubiak and Fisher. 

Thought we did really well and looked pretty comfortable, offside "goal" notwithstanding. I would be happy giving Charlie a wee rest on Saturday, with him as an option off the bench if things start to go well, Dundee-esque. Would also like to see Jakubiak getting some game time, maybe not starting, but a good 20-30 minutes if things aren't going tits-up.

I presume Raith will try and get an early goal to give themselves some hope, but I don't see them having enough to trouble us if they play like they did last night again. Someone like Ugwu is the kind of player our defence struggles to play against, so might be interesting if he starts (well, not interesting for us!!).

Is it ridiculous to say that we actually looked almost, good? Strange feeling for a Dee...

Edited by Spikethedee

If it stayed 2-0, we could go into the game on Saturday with the mindsight of keeping tight and trying to nick a goal in the first 70 mins - then see what happens.  Unlikely, but still half a sniff of a shout.

As it transpires, we would have to go ridiculously offensive to get a couple of early goals - and even in the unlikely event we do that, we wouldn't be able to keep Dundee out.

The tie, unfortunately for us, is over.  

A few years ago, the fife flyers (ice hockey) lost 4-1 at home against Manchester in the play off quarter finals. They looked to be dead and buried, but came back to tie it up and win in overtime in Manchester. Yes, 2 different sports, but surely the rovers could take some inspiration from that???