Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC & Dundee FC vs Raith Rovers

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
Did Inverness not pap Ross County out the cup with absolute ease?
I don't fancy Killie and Kyle Lafferty tbh but to rule us out already is a bit bizarre.

Lafferty vs Elliott gives me the fear.

How about we lend you Iain Davidson? 

Obviously the linesman had a nuke with the offside but Dundee strolled that tonight which is no shame on ourselves. Many Rovers fans, myself included, have waxed lyrically about our team and how we've played at points this season but Adam showed why he's played at the highest level. Dundee's defence did well to limit us to opportunities and it showed that they had competent centre halves rather than untested teens along with Jack Hamilton in goals. McMullan caused issues for us throughout the game and both of McGhee's finishes were superb. You've hit form at the perfect point, the  signings of Legdzins, Cummings, Fontaine and McMullan have all changed the dynamic of how the team play. 

For ourselves, it's been an outstanding season. Obviously Saturday is a write off barring an absolute miracle but there's so much to be positive about our club at the moment. 

Can't really argue with the result. Three moments of absolute class from Adam with good finishes on the end and it's game over. If our goal had stood it may have changed the game, but with Adam pinging balls about like that, it's unlikely.
It would take a herculean performance on Saturday to overturn tonight so all the best to Dundee in the final.

Can't say a bad word against our squad for coming up short tonight. Largely put together to win league 1 and defying what we all thought possible to get to this stage. With the additions we already have in the summer and a bit more of mcglynns touch, there's no reason we can't go one one better next season.

Someone on twitter saying that the linesman from tonight was the same linesman who made a c**t of the Doidge goal at the weekend. Good to see that those types of performances are rewarded with more big games.

Game is over. I’m proud of what the club have achieved today both on and off the park. Looking forward to next season.

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

Obviously the linesman had a nuke with the offside but Dundee strolled that tonight which is no shame on ourselves. Many Rovers fans, myself included, have waxed lyrically about our team and how we've played at points this season but Adam showed why he's played at the highest level. Dundee's defence did well to limit us to opportunities and it showed that they had competent centre halves rather than untested teens along with Jack Hamilton in goals. McMullan caused issues for us throughout the game and both of McGhee's finishes were superb. You've hit form at the perfect point, the  signings of Legdzins, Cummings, Fontaine and McMullan have all changed the dynamic of how the team play. 

For ourselves, it's been an outstanding season. Obviously Saturday is a write off barring an absolute miracle but there's so much to be positive about our club at the moment. 

Aye, maybe. Depends if we can limit the significant departures to just Hendry. Keeping Masonda and Spencer will be fairly important, Armstrong too.

I like McGlynn's PCA signings so far, but still needing to rebuild a forward line, go someway to replace Regan Hendry and find some extra options for playing in wide areas.

It's actually quite a rebuild when you take retirements, loans going back and release of some guys.

To be fair it was a stupid question. 
3-0 is not a big enough lead to consider fielding a weakened team against a side in your own division when the result matters. 
It wasn't exclusive to that question. And FWIW I'd be giving Adam a maximum of an hour on Saturday, if not starting him on the bench. If the squad isn't capable of protecting a 3 goal lead without him they don't deserve to go up.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Someone on twitter saying that the linesman from tonight was the same linesman who made a c**t of the Doidge goal at the weekend. Good to see that those types of performances are rewarded with more big games.

Nope. 

194E45FD-9ABE-42A7-AC01-8DFFAEDCFFE4.thumb.jpeg.918f955bacb30ab4af09a53f8b51ae03.jpeg

It wasn't exclusive to that question. And FWIW I'd be giving Adam a maximum of an hour on Saturday, if not starting him on the bench. If the squad isn't capable of protecting a 3 goal lead without him they don't deserve to go up.
Close the tie out then consider resting players - same starting eleven for me unless Fontaine is injured then Anderson instead.

That’s a scunner for the Rovers tonight. Three real moments of class from Charlie Adam, coupled with a team that absolutely looked like it had played two games in the last week going into this.

A real shame the tie’s over before the second leg but hopefully they can go up to Dundee and give it a real go, regardless.

Close the tie out then consider resting players - same starting eleven for me unless Fontaine is injured then Andersplats instead.
With respect to Raith. They'll need a monumental performance to overturn this. Dundee were cruising tonight and have the advantage of not having played a couple of extra games.

I know there is always a reluctance to get over confident with your own side but if Dundee don't believe a 3 goal lead is enough here then do they have any kind of belief they will beat the Premiership side? [emoji38]

Think this game is far from over but it will take something really special from them. Undone by 2 passes, and more importantly finishes of the very highest order, and a fucking ridiculously bad refereeing decision. Raith play some really nice stuff, finishing 3rd didn’t help them but they are decent cuntos all round.