Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC & Dundee FC vs Raith Rovers

48 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Heed your own advice Ludo.

Thank you.

Touche.

There is someone raging about it on the Raith forum tbf with comments including:

'Dundee have put up on their webpage arrangements for tickets for the playoff final!!!!! I hope our players are made aware of this and use it as further motivation.'

'Pin it up on dressing room wall,no team talk required from McGlynn'

'A stoney silence in the dressing room. All the players have read the article and are waiting for the starting line up to be announced and tactics to be discussed. McGlynn says nothing just repeatedly points at the atricle blue tacked onto the door.'

Edited by Ludo*1

I know that natural pessimism is the Rovers way and I’m as guilty of that as anyone but the way we’ve played all season then we really should have every confidence. They finished 2 points ahead of us in the league which was effectively the difference of winning the last game between us. Given that there were two games at Dens and only one at Stark’s then that’s a paper thin gap over the course of the season.  Yeah, Dundee are probably on a better run of form than us in the last quarter (I think?) and have had that extra rest but when we turn up and are on our game, we can be magnificent and blow teams away.  What was it Big Marv used to say....

The 2-2 match was one of our first games back up after getting promoted first time round under McGlynn. It was a great game from what I can remember. We went 1-0 down, then 2-1 up before Dundee equalised. 

37 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Draw would be fine for me.  Stay in the game and make Saturday a cup tie, where Mcglynn generally does well. 

Tall order in all honesty, given Dundees momentum and rest period. 

Yeah. What I worry about is the game goes the same way as the Queen of the South match a couple of years ago and we're basically out of the thing after about 60 minutes and the second leg is pretty much a formality.

I think we've got enough about us to avoid that scenario but it's still a worry.

Thankfully I will be at work until just before the game starts, so I won't have to stew in my shredded nerves too much.
Just don't lose tonight and that'll do me going into Saturday.
You got a sneaky half bottle to calm the nerves mate.

I've been bricking it since this morning I'm not gonna lie... Would take a draw to take back to dens right now. 

Bricking it too. I want a 3 nil lead to take back to Dens - and knowing us that might not be enough.

3 hours ago, renton said:

Taking a lead to Dens is the only realistic path Rovers have to progression, however I'd settle for still being in the tie come Saturday at this point.

Aye right.... we will not be falling for that shite.... all this glad we are the underdogs .. and tremendous season whatever happens

Believe me... whacking 3 0r 4 in against you Fifers tonight  is what I regard a realistic path...  none of this still be in the tie shite