Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC & Dundee FC vs Raith Rovers

2 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Aye, the defence of Mendy has went beyond jumping the shark and is now a bit weird. 

Consider what I said, in several posts, is that IF Davo is carrying an injury, we start Mendy over Cooney. I have agreed Mendy isn’t “the answer”...

3 hours ago, HoustonRover said:

Not even joking I’d play Brad Spencer at centre half ahead of Mendy.

...but to suggest Spencer with Cooney and Mendy both available is even more insane.

1 hour ago, spot on said:

Did you not watch him against Hearts? 

Yes, in a back three, with Davo hanging deep. I agree he didn’t cover himself in glory, but neither did the others. Again, note I said IF Davo has a minor knock, I’d take Mendy over him.

2 hours ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

Unfortunately, he was a gamble that never worked out.  I hope he does well in the future but he isn't capable of playing above League 2 at the moment and will be nowhere near the Rovers next year.

True enough, on the gamble...as for not good enough, that’s a relative term. He was quite good in a couple of Championship matches this year...but that doesn’t make him a good player at CB for us...but with Frankie out, beggars can’t be choosers if Davo is nicked.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

...but to suggest Spencer with Cooney and Mendy both available is even more insane.

Plenty of central midfielders have filled in at centre half. He's 300% better a football player than Mendy. Never really seen Cooney so can't comment.

But positionally I could see Spencer filling in there, he's got reasonable size and can distribute the ball. I'd be 100% more comfortable with Spencer at the back ahead of Mendy.

The consideration that we might think about playing Mendy over even a 75% Davo is insane.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sounds like Davidson will probably be fine. Will take the stick-on red card instead then.

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/2021/may/raith-hopeful-that-iain-davidson-is-fit-enough-to-face-dundee

A half fit, geriatric hobbling about at centre half. Cummings should have a field day. IMO.

Thank you.

53 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

MacDonald to left centre half and Armstrong to left back is infinitely better than Mendy at centre half.

Does anyone know how many games we’ve played with MacDonald at centre half and what our record is with him there?

I recall he played there in a pre-Christmas game against Dumbarton and we lost 2-0 at Starks.

21 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Does anyone know how many games we’ve played with MacDonald at centre half and what our record is with him there?

I recall he played there in a pre-Christmas game against Dumbarton and we lost 2-0 at Starks.

I remember that game. We were awful. 

It's mad to think that less than 18 months later we're now one of the best teams in Scotland. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's mad to think that less than 18 months later we're now one of the best teams in Scotland. 

I think he played a few more games at centre half around that time but I may be wrong.

31 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That was the game we had almost no defenders available at all:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50791812

Edited by Raith_Raver

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Good job for the Raith there's no fans at this. We would probably take over most of the ground. That's one positive for the Fifers.

Thank you.

I would have thought most of them would just wait for the final? 

14 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I would have thought most of them would just wait for the final? 

Nope, we'd take over Kirkcaldy before moving onto the next Diddy sanctuary. To be fair Raith aren't quite on the Diddy scale alongside the likes of County and Hamilton, but you'd still get outnumbered 2 to 1. No doubt the railway end would've been handed over along with away fans infiltrating the home ends.

Let's hope Davidson is fit. That will be a boost ahead of Wednesday night for all Dees.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Nope, we'd take over Kirkcaldy before moving onto the next Diddy sanctuary. To be fair Raith aren't quite on the Diddy scale alongside the likes of County and Hamilton, but you'd still get outnumbered 2 to 1. No doubt the railway end would've been handed over along with away fans infiltrating the home ends.

Let's hope Davidson is fit. That will be a boost ahead of Wednesday night for all Dees.

Thank you.

You are welcome to it.

May sound odd given we only scored on Saturday but think we effectively won the tie against Dunfermline in the first leg at East End. That 0-0 gave us the foundation to go into the home game much more relaxed and confident than if we’d been chasing the game. If we can establish a lead on Wednesday then I think we could go to Dens in the same frame of mind. That’s the ideal obviously, but given how we’ve chucked play off first legs in the past, I’ll be happy if we head north still in contention.

Thank you.

You haven’t outnumbered us at Starks 2 to 1 yet so where are all these extra fans coming from?

10 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Erm....what. Dundee have never outnumbered Rovers fans at Starks. You’re  talking shite

thank you🤡