Should MacAskill and Hanvey resign and allow by elections after Alba's results in their areas?

Saltire

On the back of the Alba Party results on the list in their areas, should Kenny MacAskill and Neil Hanvey resign and allow by elections?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Although not identical to their Westminster Constituencies, the nearest equivalent in the Scottish Parliament had the following results for the list. Does this de-legitmise their possition and should they resign and allow by elections?

image.png.5533064526bb597700c20af1f56c03b4.png

image.png

Edited by Saltire

Definitely, I've always said that , lots of constituencies don't necessarily care about who the candidate is  they elected the party they're representing .  

Edited by stanton

Kirkcaldy happily voted for an anti-Semitic and transphobic slapheid purely because he was an independence supporter so I'm sure they can cope with the fact that he did the least surprising heel turn in history.

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Although not identical to their Westminster Constituencies, the nearest equivalent in the Scottish Parliament had the following results for the list. Does this de-legitmise their possition and should they resign and allow by elections?

image.png.5533064526bb597700c20af1f56c03b4.png

image.png

That's totally irrelevant imo.

See post below

1 hour ago, stanton said:

Definitely, I've always said that , lots of constituencies don't necessarily care about who the candidate is  they elected the party they're representing .  

I totally agree, as you say, most folk vote for a party, seldom the candidate. It should be a parliamentary rule that if you switch party you have to immediately stand for re-election.

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Kirkcaldy happily voted for an anti-Semitic and transphobic slapheid purely because he was an independence supporter so I'm sure they can cope with the fact that he did the least surprising heel turn in history.

I think I'll pop down to Hanvey's gaff and tell him that everyone on pie and bovril thinks he should resign. He's five minutes from my house.

5 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I know you probably only chose it to convey to others that you're some kind of lefty, but you do realise the guy in your avatar was a homophobe?

I know you probably only chose it to convey to others that you're some kind of lefty, but you do realise the guy in your avatar was a homophobe?

Given he took personal responsibility for the persecution and took steps to reform the state of LGBT rights in Cuba to the point where Cuba’s one of the more progressive nations in the region I am willing to forgive

Hanvey won on an independent ticket.

Somewhat strange that the new member for Uddingston and Bellshill was not also hounded for anti-Semitism.

But...she is Nicolas pal. Hohum