Children's TV

GAD

Apologies if this is a repeat thread (I did search and couldn't see anything), but I've got a three year old and now watch a lot of Children's TV. So P&B parents, what's your favourites and what can't you stand?

I'm a big fan of both Bluey (Disney +) and Hey Dugee. Genuine genius at work for both of them. The Apocalypse Now episode of Dugee is honestly one of the best things I've ever seen. At the other end of the scale is Cocomelon, honestly the worst thing I've ever seen. Apparently it's the most watched programme on Netflix, by miles. I hate it.

I quite enjoy Fireman Sam. I can’t help think they wouldn’t need half the resources they have in Pontypandy if they would just send that wee w****r Norman Price to Young Offenders.

Agree with Bluetooth as well, inspired me and my lad to have a game of ‘keepie uppie’.

I’m not keen on Ben 10 and if anyone has had to suffer Ryan’s Mystery Playdate you have my sympathy. Awful stuff.

11 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Cbeebies. Most of the shows on it aren't too bad.

Secretly like Molly and Mack too. It has Edith from Still Game in it. 

Woolly and Tig has Tam from Still Game in a few episodes plus Tig is played by Betsy McCredie, the daughter of Taggart's Colin McCredie who appears as Tig's dad.

I've been lucky that my daughter has moved away from Peppa Pig and is now into Scooby-Doo which is still a firm favourite of mine. 

Hey Duggee is class. My daughter is currently obsessed with Alphablocks, much to my annoyance as the theme tune is stuck in my head. In terms of CBeebies she likes most things and to be fair the programming is pretty good in general. 

Peppa Pig is on the discouraged list in this house as it's terrible, as is Bing! because he's a wee p***k. She's never asked for Peppa, so hopefully it stays that way. Cocomelon I also agree on - terrible, but thankfully has not been requested for some time. 

On Disney+ Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Mickey Mouse Roadster Racers are frequently requested. 

47 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Woolly and Tig has Tam from Still Game in a few episodes plus Tig is played by Betsy McCredie, the daughter of Taggart's Colin McCredie who appears as Tig's dad.

It's pretty weird that her mum is played by her auntie, though. 

Programme itself is decent enough. 

Peppa Pig is absolutely tremendous and has an insane amount of jokes and pop culture references for adults.

Paw Patrol is horseshit.

Ben and Holly and Peppa Pig both have John Sparkes in them and are therefore godlike genius. 

Operation Ouch is quality. 

Horseshit is generous for paw patrol but Bing truly is the pits, the whiney wee shite. 

Enjoy it while you can. They'll be watching spoilt Californians on YouTube before you know it. 

On 08/05/2021 at 09:22, Michael W said:

Hey Duggee is class. My daughter is currently obsessed with Alphablocks, much to my annoyance as the theme tune is stuck in my head. In terms of CBeebies she likes most things and to be fair the programming is pretty good in general. 

Peppa Pig is on the discouraged list in this house as it's terrible, as is Bing! because he's a wee p***k. She's never asked for Peppa, so hopefully it stays that way. Cocomelon I also agree on - terrible, but thankfully has not been requested for some time. 

On Disney+ Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Mickey Mouse Roadster Racers are frequently requested. 

Have you seen that episode of Bing where he kills the butterfly? And another when he gets into the shoplifting. I think flop is his fucking caseworker or something. Wee psycho.

You guys need to get into Bluey. It's honestly brilliant.

Hey Duggee is brilliant. Also a big fan of Sarah and Duck. My 3 year old is also into Octonauts although the mild peril gets her wound up a bit.

She also still likes Paw Patrol which is genuine horseshit. 

Have you seen that episode of Bing where he kills the butterfly? And another when he gets into the shoplifting. I think flop is his fucking caseworker or something. Wee psycho.
You guys need to get into Bluey. It's honestly brilliant.
My kids are just transitioning from kids shows but a further recommendation for Bluey - it's outstanding.

Ben and Holly's also great - JELLY FLOOD!!

I used to pray for the end of them watching kids shows...they now watch awful YouTube stuff like 123Go (which is the devil's work) and shouty mid 20s guys playing Minecraft...